Short notice ride Saturday 06-18-11

Uncle Punk

I can't ride Sunday this weekend nor will I be able to ride the next three weekends so if I don't ride tomorrow I don't ride for a month.

410 miles from Pilot in Lodi back to the same gas station. Guessing about 10 hours of riding. I will be pulling out of the morning spot at 9:00 am heading south on 83. If you want to ride along and are late getting to the meeting spot you can probably catch up on 83 somewhere because if there is a group we will be following group pace between curves at about 70 MPH. If no one shows up you might have a hard time catching me because I won't be following the same rules.

I know it's supposed to rain at times during the day and I don't care. If it's not raining when I leave I'm riding.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=OH-83+S%2FAvon+Lake+Rd&daddr=40.23587,-81.87725+to:OH-78+W+to:OH-78+E%2FWoodsfield+Rd+to:39.664833,-81.249582+to:39.56244,-81.2053+to:2nd+St+to:OH-7+N%2F5th+Ave+to:OH-255+W+to:OH-800+N+to:39.550616,-81.2039121+to:Greene+St+to:OH-550+W+to:OH-550+W+to:39.59012,-81.97744+to:OH-555+S+to:Underwood+St+to:40.0442303,-81.9720311+to:OH-208+E%2FDresden+Adamsville+Rd+to:40.372225,-81.9851668+to:OH-39+W+to:OH-83+N%2FAvon+Lake+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FfaYcQId8tUc-w%3BFV7zZQId_qYe-ynfnee8mpg3iDGrKEbfix_8Yw%3BFZRsXQIdMo8h-w%3BFZ66XgIdShwm-w%3BFcE8XQId0joo-ykZfuQ9syA2iDEWqb68jYBHzw%3BFcisWwIdzOco-ynzomLw1N1JiDErlzCVqsKlUw%3BFQwPWwIdeg8r-w%3BFUqYXAIdGGAt-w%3BFWYbXgIdZmUq-w%3BFeRCXgIdHkkq-w%3BFZh-WwIdOO0o-ylnBwlIzN1JiDEykQar-VoSvQ%3BFa5uWQIdekIl-w%3BFaVDWQIdJcwk-w%3BFSB_WQIdsJkf-w%3BFegYXAIdoB8d-ylXLYL9yRtIiDHmwpRSYdIJ7g%3BFUD9YAIdErMc-w%3BFRqOYQIdHcUc-w%3BFcYGYwIdwTQd-ylXUPnnRpM3iDGR30gApir_Dw%3BFdYxZAIdfMsc-w%3BFQEIaAIdcgEd-ykl5mhpOnY3iDHEb5E9wXCR0g%3BFf4lawIdunQc-w%3BFSGZcQId8tUc-w&mra=ls&via=1,4,5,10,14,17,19&sll=40.849138,-81.90033&sspn=1.597643,3.556824&ie=UTF8&ll=40.195659,-81.491089&spn=1.613293,3.556824&z=9

Edited by Uncle Punk

Is that starting spot in Lodi? The Pilot station? If I get up, I'll try to make it. Been at the Indians game all night and I had a few too many, ummm... soda's.

I will be leaving N. Ridgeville from my girlfriend’s house in the morning going to my house in Elyria to get my gear then on to Grafton to get my bike. Riding down 57 to 83 then off to Lodi. This is one of the reasons the start point is in Lodi because I'm starting out five miles south of the normal meeting spot.

Doesn't the map or the link to the map work? All of the route and the start point is clearly in there.

Great loop UP.

Be careful, we had several severe storms with very heavy rain down this way (Barnesville/StClairsville/Woodsfield) last nite. There's sure to be debris on the roads.

I'm hoping to get out this afternoon and do 145>556>7>260>537>255.

Heading out soon, thanks for the heads up about the roads. The storm moving in from southern Indiana looks problematic so I might change the direction of the route and ride the western part first then try to out run the rain across 26.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn’t even start the ride with this much chance of rain but the next chance for me to ride is July 16 so I’m going for it.

Now I'm really pissed. I was supposed to be car shopping this AM...and someone bought the car before I got there. I was on my way to Strongsville for some Muay Thai and BJJ action....and I got paged from work because they couldn't get ahold of the on-call guy. And then....it was a non issue. So now I missed out on my car, my training, AND this ride. What a fucked up Saturday. I can't ride next weekend, and a July 4th ride is a big ????. So...today is full of FAIL for me. Waaaah.

Hope you're having fun by yourself UP. Bastard.

Now I'm really pissed. I was supposed to be car shopping this AM...and someone bought the car before I got there. I was on my way to Strongsville for some Muay Thai and BJJ action....and I got paged from work because they couldn't get ahold of the on-call guy. And then....it was a non issue. So now I missed out on my car, my training, AND this ride. What a fucked up Saturday. I can't ride next weekend, and a July 4th ride is a big ????. So...today is full of FAIL for me. Waaaah.

Hope you're having fun by yourself UP. Bastard.

what were you going to buy

Hey inya, why so serious? :D

A bottle of Crystal Head will clear that right up for me.

what were you going to buy

Acura MDX

shit saturday rides and my job ( selling cars ) dont work, looked like a great loop. Hope everyone has a safe ride looking for the update later

I was thinking of doing an EARLY ride tomorrow...it would be a short 200 mile or so route though. I still haven't changed that rear.

A bottle of Crystal Head will clear that right up for me.

Acura MDX

I was thinking of doing an EARLY ride tomorrow...it would be a short 200 mile or so route though. I still haven't changed that rear.

Find another MDX. I put 500-1000 miles per week on mine (when I can't ride). It's a 2004 with over 115000 miles. It's the first vehicle that I have been 100% satisfied with... towing boats, hauling kids, schlepping bosses....