Need service done on bike

gaewsky1

I've got an '03 Honda Shadow VLX 600 that has about 400 miles on it. It hasn't been rode in about a year and I'm looking to find someone who can perform a tune up on it to get it back into tip top shape. I haven't had time to ride and need it serviced because I'll probably sell it for some other bike. I live in Reynoldsburg if anyone can steer me towards either a shop or someone competent enough to work on it.

Thanks.

I'm trying to budget some of the cash for it. Do you mind giving me ballpark figure for what it cost?

Thanks

it wouldn't be too accurate, seeing as how I had to have it towed from a garage in Mount Vernon to Columbus, and since it's a Buell I had a Harley dealer do it (which means there is no one else on the face of existance that would charge more for labor and parts), then had to have it brought back across town from Broad Street to Gahanna because it's not insured or registered right now, and my CA permit expired last year, but honestly? If I can get all that done for $1100?

You should be good for at least half that much, if not a whole lot less.

If you have a garage or decent place to work on it I wouldnt mind coming over and checking it out. I could for sure help you get it running, dont know if I could fix everything, just depends on what it needs. I can at least save you the costs for an estimate. Let me know man...

did you drain the fuel when you put it away. if not the carb will need cleaned and fuel tank flushed out. if fuel tank was extremely low you want to check for surface rust on the center main hump. As long a tank is good, you should not have anything major needing done. I can do it if you are interested. i was service manager at classic cycles before being bought out for 10 yrs. i would guess couple hours labor + parts (plugs/oil/filter/air filter??) pm me if you still need this.

I've got an '03 Honda Shadow VLX 600 that has about 400 miles on it. It hasn't been rode in about a year and I'm looking to find someone who can perform a tune up on it to get it back into tip top shape. I haven't had time to ride and need it serviced because I'll probably sell it for some other bike. I live in Reynoldsburg if anyone can steer me towards either a shop or someone competent enough to work on it.

Thanks.

You'll most likely need the carbs cleaned. I've become very good at this, stupid fucking Katanas.......