Huge Problem: Skunk in livetrap!!

max power

snakes and lizards carry salmonella on their body. ever see the hand sanitizer in the reptile houses at the zoo's?

that's why.

humans carry diseases that can kill other animals too. why no shoot your snot nosed kids and keep everyone at work from catching it.

Quite true. Salmonella is common with aquatic reptiles and amphibians. But not so much with snakes.

And really doesn't compare too well with rabies.

http://www.cdc.gov/Features/SalmonellaFrogTurtle/

Salmonella is more commonly found in and around uncooked poultry and eggs in the kitchen. And anything that it touches in the kitchen. Nearly 100% certainty, which is a more recent condition. It didn't used to be that bad.

I'd advise against the shooting of the snot nosed kids.

Perhaps shooting the kitchen would be more appropriate.

edit: reading around the internet... all animal feces can transmit salmonella. Human included. Snake feces can be infected like any other animal.

Edited by ReconRat

I'd gladly offer up Ivan the Terrible (Mosin 91/30), very accurate but unfortunately not scoped. You really wouldn't want to shoot it from inside the house either, that is if you enjoy hearing.

Is there a pond nearby? Or a body of water?

I've seen guys wrap it in a blanket, as to keep it calm, tie a string in a spot so you can pull the cage out, then just toss the cage in a pond for 10 minutes just to be safe. Crack open a couple beers as you wait. Racoons have to eat too.

Or a nice warm bowl of antifreeze if you have the time.

fuck skunks, fuck raccoons, fuck snakes and spiders for good measure too. If I see any of these things and have the ability to dispose of it I will take the liberty to do so. I am fortunately not a bleeding heart until it comes to dogs and on the very rare occasion cats. If its not a classic pet I could give a shit

A few weeks ago we cought a momma and 6 baby skunks, 4 of the babies were on the outside of the cage and being under a year old they cant spray.

might want to check that again. My dog was definitely hit by a baby skunk. It wasn't even 1/10 as bad as what mama skunk had done to him the previous year, but the little buggers can still spray.

baby skunks are almost cute. All that means is that I would feel worse drowning one in a garbage can.

Wow..I didn't see this till now. Lots-O-saps. I remember someone snuck in some sheep and left them in the highschool courtyard overnight once. A comment was made...They had no WATER all night! O vay

O ya, I am going to laugh hysterically if someone or something gets sprayed within the next two years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Max, for future reference, tie a long rope to the top of the trap before setting it. Once you've caught the disease carrying beast of destruction, cover the cage with large towels and take it to the local creek, pond, lake whatever and throw the bastard in. Pull it back out once it's dead with the rope that you tied previously.