Dragon Trip, Sport Tour

Howabusa

I'm leaving tomorrow, 7/17, for 6 or 7 days on the Busa. Heading to the Dragon area. Taking WV 16 down alot of the ways. I want to check out the Snake, 421, in north east Tenneesee. The bike is ready, I just need to pack! Rain, snow, sleet, I don't care I'm leaving tomorrow!

Where are you staying? I should be in Robbinsville Tuesday or Wednesday.

we will be in boone, nc wed and thurs...then in the cherokee, smokies area friday and sat dont know if we will make it over to the gap we did that a month ago...look for my red TLS riding with a yellow honda shadow

Where you staying in robbinsville? Were leaving the two wheel inn today. It's a great place. If you get a chance check out wayah rd and moonshiner 28. In my opinion its way better than the dragon.

So, I'm back! I left Sunday morning and headed over to West Virginia to run down rt. 16. I stopped for gas Sunday afternoon in Gauley Bridge WV. When I went to start the Busa she would barely turn over. I found someone to give me a jump and headed to Oak Hill, hoping to get a battery at an auto parts store. Went to an Auto Zone, pulled the battery and had them check it, it was good. OK, great, the bike starts and does so like 10 more times Sunday night and Monday morning. I still figured that I should not take a chance on getting stranded and rode to Beckley WV. Found a Suzuki dealer and bought a new battery. I rode on down 16 to Marion VA. and jumped on 81 to run over to Tenn. to ride the Snake, 421. I nice road with the 2nd half from Shady Valley on being the best part. I ended up at a motel in Boone, NC that night. Tuesaday as I was checking out a local guy delivering food to the motel ask where I was headed. I told him I was thinking about riding south on the Blue Ridge, he asked if I had ever riode 221 south from Blowing Rock. He said it was a good road for a bike. Yea, It was an awesome road, nice curves and good pavement. I followed it down to the Linville Falls area, stopped and hiked to the falls. Nice! I continued on down 221 till I hit 226A. When the speed limit is 35 & trucks over 30 aren't allowed ion the road, you know it is going to be a good one, it was great, nice tight curves and no traffic. 226A took me over to the Blue Ridge. I rode it from mile marker 335 south to mile marker 440 something. Riding the BRP is always fun! After that I ran over to Robbinsville, NC and got a room. Wednesday rode the Dragon, the Skyway & 28. I love the Skyway, a great road with lots of fast curves and little traffic. I rode home Thursday. A nice 5 day, 1600 mile vacation! I feel better!