WTB: New Exhaust

Jst2fst

Well I'm thinking of upgrading my exhaust from stock to a more aggressive sound. I'd like to get it to sound as close as this youtube video without it being illegal. The one in the video is definitely not legal in the states. I like the sound of that one. I know that I'm not gonna get that exact sound but I'd like to get close. I'm looking at a Laser exhaust right now but from the youtube videos I can't tell how loud they are really plus I like the double exhaust look as well. I've looked at soem D&D, Jardine, Vance and Hines as well as the yoshimura exhaust. None seem to sound like what I'm looking for guess I'm just being picky. Any suggestions on a good loud exhaust. Thanks

Said video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_01TMtOnw4&feature=related

I just installed a hotbodies mgp growler slip-on onto my street bike (2007 gsxr 600). Its really loud & sounds similar to your example. Some of the guys I ride with say its too loud but the cops never mess with me. Check out hotbodiesracing.com; not sure if they make em for every bike.

I just installed a hotbodies mgp growler slip-on onto my street bike (2007 gsxr 600). Its really loud & sounds similar to your example. Some of the guys I ride with say its too loud but the cops never mess with me. Check out hotbodiesracing.com; not sure if they make em for every bike.

I just check their website they only make '07 and up models for the exhaust.

D&D are louder than hell. If you want to be heard, this is the pipe for you.

I had an akrapovic on my 600rr, I really liked it. Nice deep mellow tone at low rpm but would scream when you cracked it open. I'd recommend it.

My experience is that the LV would be too reserved for your wants.

Edited by street pilot

ok I finally listened to that vid...if you wnat that sound then take a screwdriver and poke several holes in the stock can then gut it. No joke, just ask Likwid. This is what the previous owner did on my 600rr and it was LOUD...annoying loud and I hated it but didn't keep the bike long enough to replace it

ok I finally listened to that vid...if you wnat that sound then take a screwdriver and poke several holes in the stock can then gut it. No joke, just ask Likwid. This is what the previous owner did on my 600rr and it was LOUD...annoying loud and I hated it but didn't keep the bike long enough to replace it

Thought about that, if I'm gonna do it I wanna do it right. As mentioned I wanna get as close to the youtube sound as possible without butchering the thing to get the sound.

I have a stock 600 can from a 05 if you want it to cut up just bring me a case of budlight and its yours

Deal, just let me finish moving out and into my new place and I'll take it off your hands.

• 1 month later...

Found It!!! After looking for weeks I found the sound I've been looking for but looks like this ones gonna be a winter project due to the cost but I found it finally.

This is what it should sound like and its a kit under tail and exhaust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVn02pghakA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5unJ1BK_gUc

Just a FYI most write ups I've found for the hotbodies products are shitty the holes don't line up or needs trimmed you should expect to have to do some work to get it to fit correctly. They sell an undertail for my my bike without the exhaust in it and I did a lot of research and was always shitty.

Just a FYI most write ups I've found for the hotbodies products are shitty the holes don't line up or needs trimmed you should expect to have to do some work to get it to fit correctly. They sell an undertail for my my bike without the exhaust in it and I did a lot of research and was always shitty.

Yea, I was helping my buddy put one on his bike and it was a pain. Probably gonna take me the better part of an afternoon to get it done once ordered.