WTS Walther P22 - brand new

Steve Butters

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

177 rnds vs what 10 in a walther mag big difference. Also a pumpkin isn't that similar to a human or dog that you would be going up against with a cc weapon. You have to penetrate the ribcage to get the vital organs and do enough damage so the bad guy looses enough blood to be neutralized the pumpkin has no ribcage and is soft.

Still an interesting video, but doesn't support the 22 as a carry weapon in my book.

177 rnds vs what 10 in a walther mag big difference. Also a pumpkin isn't that similar to a human or dog that you would be going up against with a cc weapon. You have to penetrate the ribcage to get the vital organs and do enough damage so the bad guy looses enough blood to be neutralized the pumpkin has no ribcage and is soft.

Still an interesting video, but doesn't support the 22 as a carry weapon in my book.

i dont think that was his intent lol...just posted a cool video of a 22 smg

and while i realize a 22 isnt ideal, its the only handgun i have in my possession at the moment, so im going to carry it

and while i realize a 22 isnt that powerful, you cant even compare it to airsoft....ive been shot point blank from an airsoft gun (literally, muzzle 3 inches from skin) and it usually just leaves a small welt

Sorry I was off topic just wondering what it would do to the pumpkin compared to the 22. I was in no way advocating the use of an airsoft gun for self defense. If the 22 is all you have carry it, its better than nothing.

oh, OK. I just looked up where you were. Seems everyone I find gets sold right before I find it, lol.

I may just buy one at the gun shop they are $319 nearby I think. Might go check them out tomarrow.

anyone know the difference in the new version vs the old one? i cant find anything online...is it just appearance?

this one doesnt look like the one i posted a pic of, the walther logo is smaller and is black - the whole slide is black, no more white on it...it also retails for $10 more...cant find anything about what the difference is, so im assuming its just cosmetic?

cant even find a pic online to show what i mean, even the walther site has outdated pics

I would be interested to know if you find out cause I didn't realize there were two versions. I thought they all were the same.

p22q1.jpg

Here is a copy of info on another forum about the all black P22Q:

"There have been a few, but nothing too massive.

The biggies were the "O" rin being added to keep the barrel securing screw in place, and some of the screws were changed to keep them from coming out."

"If you want a list......here is what I can remember.

original no stagger slot magazine did not function properly, replaced with 1" stagger slot A suffix mags.

About '06 Walther sold some with a short stagger slot, these did not function well and were replaced with B suffix mags that were made of a little thicker steel, had a taller spring retaining nub on the bottom and returned to the 1" stagger slot.

There were reports of very early models not fully resetting the firing pin. There have never been any further reports of this. The firing pin slot has been modified very slightly and perhaps a stronger spring installed.

The roll pins were not stable in the pistol and especially the one in the slide that holds the breech block in place. When this one vibrated out one side or the other the safety ears could not be rotated. All roll pins were replaced with serrated edge pins.

A new extractor design was installed to close the gap between the face of the extractor and the face of the breech block. This improved ejection direction.

The hammer tip was re=profiled to eliminate the original tip from hanging in the small valley that exists between the safety bar and the rear of the breech block. They did not get the angle quite right and there is still a tip that benefits from being removed.

An O ring was installed under the barrel nut to help it stay tight

Frame screws and safety lever screws had a Threadlocker type material installed on them to keep them from vibrating loose.

Some attempt, usually unsuccessful, has been made toward smoothing up the top, front edge of the trigger bar ears. Still the only part of the pistol that can actually damage the pistol if they are sharp. This is caused by the stamping and folding process Walther uses.

Additional housing colors have been made available over the years.

There was a rash of hammer springs breaking in about '07. Walther corrected the problem and this is seldom heard of anymore. "

Edited by D190

ok looking closer...the serrations run to the top of the slide instead of halfway, the accessory rail has 3 notches instead of 1, smith and wesson info is printed on the frame instead of the slide, right side no longer says p22, walther logos are smaller and black lettered, the grip has a different pattern, left side of slide doesnt have walther info on it anymore and the p22 is in the middle of the slide, also black lettering

that appears to be appearance wise....anyone know for sure if theres anything mechanically different? or if the slide is made of a different material or anything?

22s are better than nothing, but they don't do that much damage unless you get a round in the skull. Good luck stopping a drugged out gangbanger with your 22. Now 22 are an assassin wrapon, but you have to be up close and personal. I would not want to trust my life to a 22 stopping a bad guy.

You couldnt be more wrong. A 22 does massive internal damage in any part of the body because it does not go thru it bounces around and you bleed to death internally. I've seen the the studies on it plus have taken 2 vics in on the squad that had been shot with a 22 and they had to be xrayed to find the bullet frags because they were no where near the entry wound. In one of them he was shot in the right thigh and the bullet was in his heart. Will it knock someone down with impact like a 45 well no but a double tap to the chest will most likely kill a perp and if it doesnt the surgery to remove the frags and repair damage will. I carry my P22 almost all summer and have no concerns about it at all I rarely carry the 40 untill winter clothes get worn.

If you have that one then change your mind and sell to me, lol. I need to check and see what is on sale at the gun shop if it is the old one then hmm. They show the older picture but that doesnt mean anything.

If you change your mind I would give you $300 flat if its the one pictured above.

You couldnt be more wrong. A 22 does massive internal damage in any part of the body because it does not go thru it bounces around and you bleed to death internally. I've seen the the studies on it plus have taken 2 vics in on the squad that had been shot with a 22 and they had to be xrayed to find the bullet frags because they were no where near the entry wound. In one of them he was shot in the right thigh and the bullet was in his heart. Will it knock someone down with impact like a 45 well no but a double tap to the chest will most likely kill a perp and if it doesnt the surgery to remove the frags and repair damage will. I carry my P22 almost all summer and have no concerns about it at all I rarely carry the 40 untill winter clothes get worn.

i hear this or i hear the opposite that it will kill them eventually but in the heat of the moment it wont drop them in time to save you....and i have a feeling you would know better than a lot of hearsay i hear from people about stuff....if its good enough for MT, its good enough for me lol

ill be switching back to my SK though when i get it back....it conceals just as well and has a little more punch

d190 - vances has the old model and the new model both on sale for 299....not sure how far you were wanting to drive or if your LGS will price match....just throwing it out there

only the 3.4" model, and only black no other colors

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/103954

no problem. Glad you asked the initial question which made me start searching for info. Now I would put a lower value on an older model over a new one. I didn't know about the differences when i first started searching for a P22.

I may check them out. Will drive a little if I have to, that is a good deal. Thanks. The Black 3.4" is what I preferred. I don't want to longer barreled one.

d190 - vances has the old model and the new model both on sale for 299....not sure how far you were wanting to drive or if your LGS will price match....just throwing it out there

only the 3.4" model, and only black no other colors

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/103954

Edited by D190