Tell me something BAD about Ron Paul

redkow97

Rejects Darwinian evolution?

In favor of what?

Lamarkian evolution? hilarious!

Seriously though, anyone who reject the process of evolution is too scientifically ignorant to run a country.

What next, people reject math?

Subtraction, additions tricky brother, or witch craft? tonight at the presidential debate!

"I think the Creator that I know created us, everyone of us, and created the + sign and the - sign along with PEMDAS, and the precise time and manner to use them, I just don't think we're at the point where anybody has absolute proof on either side where they came from....

therefore 288."

• Upvote 1

I think the biggest problem with Ron Paul is that he will never be elected president.

I hope I am wrong, and he is the only candidate on the right that I would consider voting for over the president in '12.

Edited by magley64
speiling mastakz

Seriously though, anyone who reject the process of evolution is too scientifically ignorant to run a country.

Thats fricken hilarious!

Duh.... A great big bang happened and everything was formed out of nothing. Then later on earth when earth was a vile volcanic acid rain kinda place totally void of life, all the right stuff just happened to fall together in a puddle somewhere and life began...... oh...... and also in another "one in a billion shot", in another puddle somewhere else, the same unlikely events took place creating another life but this time it was female and then just by chance, those two left their puddles and found each other (by chance ofcourse) and one screwed the other and VIOLA!!! Life on planet earth was on its way! Through the years in this violent inhospitable place all life forms flourished and evolved into every species of plant and animal that ever existed eventually turning the earth from that barren wasteland of volcanic ash and acid into a lush green environment perfectly suited to support life. And stuffs been going extinct ever since!

LMAO

Faith in a higher power or faith in real crazy BS? I'll stick with the higher power.

Oops, got off track there..... lol :D

Ron Paul.... Cant say too much bad about him other than the liberal media will bash him too much to get elected. I'd rather have a GOP "yes" man in the whitehouse and Tea party folks in the congress and senate.

Edited by Rod38um

Rejects Darwinian evolution?

In favor of what?

Lamarkian evolution? hilarious!

What next, people reject math?

Subtraction, additions tricky brother, or witch craft? tonight at the presidential debate!

Reject one theory for another. :lol:

Thats fricken hilarious!

Duh.... A great big bang happened and everything was formed out of nothing. Then later on earth when earth was a vile volcanic acid rain kinda place totally void of life, all the right stuff just happened to fall together in a puddle somewhere and life began...... oh...... and also in another "one in a billion shot", in another puddle somewhere else, the same unlikely events took place creating another life but this time it was female and then just by chance, those two left their puddles and found each other (by chance ofcourse) and one screwed the other and VIOLA!!! Life on planet earth was on its way! Through the years in this violent inhospitable place all life forms flourished and evolved into every species of plant and animal that ever existed eventually turning the earth from that barren wasteland of volcanic ash and acid into a lush green environment perfectly suited to support life. And stuffs been going extinct ever since!

LMAO

Faith in a higher power or faith in real crazy BS? I'll stick with the higher power.

i cant tell if you are being sarcastic or just ignorant?

you are right, the scenario you just decribed IS crazy BS. its not science.

but no one thinks that what you just described is even remotely accurate. no one credible anyway...

Edited by John

Judging by your little blurb above, you have never taken a science course in your life, have you?

You know the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Fossil records and genetic mapping prove the process of evolution exists. Species change and adapt. None of these ideas mean god doesn't exist.

Also, ,early life reproduced asexually.. one puddle was not male, and the other was not female... they could have been neither.. or both at the same time..... Not everything has a male and female, you know...Like bacteria... or amoebas... sponges...

If your rejection is based on your ignorance of adaptation and evolution i... I think i know why... its clear you never studied it.

Does a belief in God mean you think that no creature has ever changes? You may think so, but lets agree to disagree...

If your rejection is based on your ignorance of adaptation and evolution i... I think i know why... its clear you never studied it.

lol i dont believe in evolution because there are still monkeys. if evolution was real, why havent the monkeys turned into people?

i shit you not i had someone say this to me once. :wtf:

A hunch and a theory are two wildly different things.

In everyday usage, "theory" often refers to a hunch or a speculation. When people say, "I have a theory about why that happened," they are often drawing a conclusion based on fragmentary or inconclusive evidence. Basically it is a wild ass guess.

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence.

Many scientific theories are so well-established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or gravity keeps your feet on the ground. Like these other foundational scientific theories, the theory of evolution is supported by so many observations and confirming experiments that scientists are confident that the basic components of the theory will not be overturned by new evidence. However, like all scientific theories, the theory of evolution is subject to continuing refinement as new areas of science emerge or as new technologies enable observations and experiments that were not possible previously.

One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed. For example, the theory of gravitation predicted the behavior of objects on the moon and other planets long before the activities of spacecraft and astronauts confirmed them. (we can argue the moon landing as fact or hoax in another day..... :) ) The evolutionary biologists predicted that they would find fossils intermediate between fish and limbed terrestrial animals in sediments that were about 375 million years old. Their discovery confirmed the prediction made on the basis of evolutionary theory. In turn, confirmation of a prediction increases confidence in that theory.

In science, a "fact" typically refers to an observation, measurement, or other form of evidence that can be expected to occur the same way under similar circumstances. However, scientists also use the term "fact" to refer to a scientific explanation that has been tested and confirmed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing it or looking for additional examples. In that respect, the past and continuing occurrence of evolution is a scientific fact. Because the evidence supporting it is so strong, scientists no longer question whether biological evolution has occurred and is continuing to occur. Instead, they investigate the mechanisms of evolution, how rapidly evolution can take place, and related questions.

• Upvote 1

Judging by your little blurb above, you have never taken a science course in your life, have you?

You know the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Fossil records and genetic mapping prove the process of evolution exists. Species change and adapt. None of these ideas mean god doesn't exist.

Also, ,early life reproduced asexually.. one puddle was not male, and the other was not female... they could have been neither.. or both at the same time..... Not everything has a male and female, you know...Like bacteria... or amoebas... sponges...

Does a belief in God mean you think that no creature has ever changes? You may think so, but lets agree to disagree...

Only to an extent. Not completely. Nobody knows for a fact where we came from. Not once science book will tell you "this is how it all happened". They all say scientists theorize this is how it might have happened. Remember the whole "the earth is flat" vs "the earth is round"? Funny, it ended up being oblong. Or whether Pluto is a planet or not? Fact is, we don't know. And we may never know where or why humans came into existence. That's part of the fun though, isn't it?

Remember the whole "the earth is flat" vs "the earth is round"? Funny, it ended up being oblong.

Semantics, for all intensive purposes, the earth is round...

Or whether Pluto is a planet or not? Fact is, we don't know.

Also Semantics, The definition of planet, or dwarf planet, or moon is of our own Construction. It's not really related to this discussion, unless we are debating the existence of Pluto itself..., . Seriously though, none of this means anything, everybody knows Pluto is a dog!

As I understand it, The scientific community has documented multiple examples of a particular species that lacking a particular ability or appendage in its DNA, was able to develop the necessary DNA and gain the needed abilty in order to thrive in its changed environment thus propelling a new species forward through evolution.

At the moment though, I cant recall any of those examples where DNA was added to ones make up....... Could you help me out by citing some of those example?

Genes change, or mutate, and traits can be triggered on or off, Whole new DNA doesn't just appear out of thin air. Adaptation is a slow process,,,, like geological time scale slow...

A giraffe's neck didn't get long overnight, it took hundreds of thousands of generations to become what they are now....

Whole new DNA doesn't just appear out of thin air.

Hmmm, if that were true then progressive evolution wouldnt be possible, only regressive. (losing the ability to do something) Like losing eyesight but if you never had the DNA for eyes then you couldnt gain the DNA. Damn....... all these years punting that theory around and it turns out it was just this simple.

Hold on, eyeballs just didn't pop up out of thin air, they came from simpler forms.

here:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=evolution-of-the-eye

And here: (in pictures!)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow.cfm?id=lamb-evolutions-eyes-slide-show

And now to stop the massive thread jack this has become:

Ron Paul:

Paul has run television ads touting an endorsement from Ronald Reagan, but he fails to mention that, in 1988, Paul wanted "to totally disassociate" himself from the Reagan administration.

Thats fricken hilarious!

LMAO

Oops, got off track there..... lol :D

Ron Paul.... Cant say too much bad about him other than the liberal media will bash him too much to get elected. I'd rather have a GOP "yes" man in the whitehouse and Tea party folks in the congress and senate.

i cant tell if you are being sarcastic or just ignorant?

you are right, the scenario you just decribed IS crazy BS. its not science.

but no one thinks that what you just described is even remotely accurate. no one credible anyway...

lol i dont believe in evolution because there are still monkeys. if evolution was real, why havent the monkeys turned into people?

i shit you not i had someone say this to me once. :wtf:

A hunch and a theory are two wildly different things.

In everyday usage, "theory" often refers to a hunch or a speculation. When people say, "I have a theory about why that happened," they are often drawing a conclusion based on fragmentary or inconclusive evidence. Basically it is a wild ass guess.

The formal scientific definition of theory is quite different from the everyday meaning of the word. It refers to a comprehensive explanation of some aspect of nature that is supported by a vast body of evidence.

Many scientific theories are so well-established that no new evidence is likely to alter them substantially. For example, no new evidence will demonstrate that the Earth does not orbit around the sun (heliocentric theory), or that living things are not made of cells (cell theory), that matter is not composed of atoms, or gravity keeps your feet on the ground. Like these other foundational scientific theories, the theory of evolution is supported by so many observations and confirming experiments that scientists are confident that the basic components of the theory will not be overturned by new evidence. However, like all scientific theories, the theory of evolution is subject to continuing refinement as new areas of science emerge or as new technologies enable observations and experiments that were not possible previously.

One of the most useful properties of scientific theories is that they can be used to make predictions about natural events or phenomena that have not yet been observed. For example, the theory of gravitation predicted the behavior of objects on the moon and other planets long before the activities of spacecraft and astronauts confirmed them. (we can argue the moon landing as fact or hoax in another day..... :) ) The evolutionary biologists predicted that they would find fossils intermediate between fish and limbed terrestrial animals in sediments that were about 375 million years old. Their discovery confirmed the prediction made on the basis of evolutionary theory. In turn, confirmation of a prediction increases confidence in that theory.

In science, a "fact" typically refers to an observation, measurement, or other form of evidence that can be expected to occur the same way under similar circumstances. However, scientists also use the term "fact" to refer to a scientific explanation that has been tested and confirmed so many times that there is no longer a compelling reason to keep testing it or looking for additional examples. In that respect, the past and continuing occurrence of evolution is a scientific fact. Because the evidence supporting it is so strong, scientists no longer question whether biological evolution has occurred and is continuing to occur. Instead, they investigate the mechanisms of evolution, how rapidly evolution can take place, and related questions.

Only to an extent. Not completely. Nobody knows for a fact where we came from. Not once science book will tell you "this is how it all happened". They all say scientists theorize this is how it might have happened. Remember the whole "the earth is flat" vs "the earth is round"? Funny, it ended up being oblong. Or whether Pluto is a planet or not? Fact is, we don't know. And we may never know where or why humans came into existence. That's part of the fun though, isn't it?
Semantics, for all intensive purposes, the earth is round...

Also Semantics, The definition of planet, or dwarf planet, or moon is of our own Construction. It's not really related to this discussion, unless we are debating the existence of Pluto itself..., . Seriously though, none of this means anything, everybody knows Pluto is a dog!

As I understand it, The scientific community has documented multiple examples of a particular species that lacking a particular ability or appendage in its DNA, was able to develop the necessary DNA and gain the needed abilty in order to thrive in its changed environment thus propelling a new species forward through evolution.

At the moment though, I cant recall any of those examples where DNA was added to ones make up....... Could you help me out by citing some of those example?

Genes change, or mutate, and traits can be triggered on or off, Whole new DNA doesn't just appear out of thin air. Adaptation is a slow process,,,, like geological time scale slow...

A giraffe's neck didn't get long overnight, it took hundreds of thousands of generations to become what they are now....

actually i believe it is geoid ... (and please intensive purposes ? :nono:)
Hmmm, if that were true then progressive evolution wouldnt be possible, only regressive. (losing the ability to do something) Like losing eyesight but if you never had the DNA for eyes then you couldnt gain the DNA. Damn....... all these years punting that theory around and it turns out it was just this simple.
Hold on, eyeballs just didn't pop up out of thin air, they came from simpler forms.

here:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=evolution-of-the-eye

And here: (in pictures!)

http://www.scientificamerican.com/slideshow.cfm?id=lamb-evolutions-eyes-slide-show

And now to stop the massive thread jack this has become:

Ron Paul:

Paul has run television ads touting an endorsement from Ronald Reagan, but he fails to mention that, in 1988, Paul wanted "to totally disassociate" himself from the Reagan administration.

Your links require reading and understanding. *do not want*

If god wanted me to read and understand things, he would've written a book.

Theory to confirm theory...... hmmm
I do believe the scientists and once they say something is fact we shouldn't question it. Man made global warming has been scientifically proven to be a fact, why can't people just get over it and move on?

OMFG, can we get a mod to split this shit?

People that doubt natual evolution, make me doubt natural evolution...

no no, it was not natural evolution of cells driven by survival of the fittest, and natural pressures to change adapt, and survive that caused the diversity of life we have today....

yes, it was a magical sky fairy, that created eveything, including himself, then got bored, and picked out a lonely ball in the middle of nowhere to make new friends (literally) then got mad when these beings he created wouldn't listen to him because of character flaws HE built them with, banished them to a life of pain, then had sex with one to give birth to himself just so he could appease himself by sacrificing his human form to himself... that sounds much more plausible.:rolleyes:

Edited by magley64

i've come to realize that this country doesnt deserve a Ron Paul.

lets just stay with business as usual, Keynesian economics, fiat money, the establishment, power to the powerful, complacency, apathy, etc, etc, etc......its worked so well so far!!

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!

:lol:

beam-me-the-fuck-up, already!

International flights leave Port Columbus multiple times a day. If you feel that strongly about it, maybe you should be on one.

Scientists have a handful of THEORIES on how life began.

uber-religious firmly believe that their imaginary friend created everything. I see one side proposing what they think might have happened, and the other saying, "this is how it went down - we have no way of proving that, but that's how it happened; trust us."

Frankly I'm more inclined to believe the people who are at least open to the possibility they might be wrong. Any absolute belief erodes credibility, because it creates the appearance that the opposing argument hasn't been given fair consideration.