Hard to start after sitting a few days

Jamez

After the bike sits for more than a day its hard to get started.

I have to key it on and off a few times and the pump has to prime a couple times before she will start. No other issues of any kind. When trying to start you. Can hear it fire 1 cylinder (poof) sound.

Compression is good.

After she's been running, she will fire right up. it will also start with no problems when cold as long as it has not sat for more than a day.

Plugs recently replaced

No other driveability issues

Always use the same gas ( mobile premium )

Any ideas?

Make sure the bowl drain screws are tight. Its a long shot, but it may be leaking the gas out of the bowl when it sits and has to refill when you go to start it in a few days. Check the carbs over very closely while you are in there.

Or some other leak in the fuel line that is causing the static pressure to drop over time. Leaking injector is a good candidate if you can't smell gas around the bike (especially if it is kept in a garage).

Does the oil smell like gas?

I am having the same issue with my bike too. 2001 GSXR 600 Fuel Injected. And go figure my FI light came on a couple days ago. But I could not get mine to start. Wants to start but will not. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

I don't have any trouble lights at all, just doesn't like to start after sitting.

I tried 2TallTims suggestion of primeing the pump a few times and it actually does seem to help.

I'm due for 30K maintenance this winter which includes valves and other stuff so ill have them check it out at that time. Hopefully its ok till I pack her in for the season.

Thanks 2 2Talltim for that suggestion

Could be engine heat cooking the gas out of your lines and burping the vapor into your tank. If the level in your tank is below the vapor in the Line it won't siphon down. Check and see if you have a line resting on the case or against the block.

I am having the same issue with my bike too. 2001 GSXR 600 Fuel Injected. And go figure my FI light came on a couple days ago. But I could not get mine to start. Wants to start but will not. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

Your is easy fix i bet. You need to read the code.

As for the OP you need to check fuel pump and lines. Bet fuel pump is going bad.