2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250s $6500

bandit

Just thinking about getting into another bike and would like to get rid of this one first. 10400 miles. GSXR750 forks, brakes, and wheels. Taller tinted screen, hugger, and lower bodywork. Conti road attack tires in good condition. Scorpion CF slipon, K&N filter, PCIII; dynotuned by Brian. Runs really well, oil changes every 2k with Amsoil 10W40 synthetic and always K&N oil filters. OR price $6500. I know it's a lot for a Bandit, but you'll never find one with these forks or brakes. The handling improved tenfold with this mod. Bike is in Blacklick (Central Ohio)

picture.php?albumid=1018&pictureid=11094

picture.php?albumid=1018&pictureid=11092

picture.php?albumid=1018&pictureid=11093

Edited by Casper
Fixed pics.

Thanks for the encouragement, I guess us Bandit owners can't leave a great bike alone. Yours looks great too. The conversion was a major pain in the ass. I had to make adapters to fit over the forks and inside the stock triple clamp. Plus changing to the GSXR wheel and brake in the back was a nightmare. The wheels were nowhere close to the same so I had to machine some spacers and fabricate a bracket for the rear caliper.It took more than one attempt to get the spacing just right to squeeze the rotor properly. I am glad I did it but if I had to do it all over again... The coolest part is that only the most detail oriented Bandit owners even notice. It looks fairly stock to the unfamiliar. Perhaps now a few people may at least appreciate the asking price? Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

i'll second (or third) that it looks great.

I like the suspension upgrades too, but I'll admit I am used to seeing bandits with less stuff for stupid cheap.

what's the luggage market like for a bandit? I saw an FZ6 and an VFR on the road yesterday on my way back from upstate New York. Kind of gave me the itch to plan a long bike trip.

I'll be at IP working on Thursday and will look into pricing, I've been curious about the bags myself. If I can't get this sold, I'll likely keep it forever. I know www.everythingsuzuki.com used to have bags for it but it's been quite a while since I was looking for stuff for this. I'll post any info I find out by Friday just so anyone who's looking will know. Thanks.

I looked for the aforementioned website with no luck, but I did find that the full tribag Givi setup would run around $1100 including all the mounting hardware, depending on the bags you choose. It could go up or down as much as $100 with different bag options. Still a lot less than an FJR! On a similar note, there are now several seat options, including Corbin and Sargent. Personally I like the stocker but rarely sit on it more than four hours at a time.

• 5 months later...

To be honest, I had my eye on an S4R Monster. That is, until I found out that it is one with the plastic tank expansion problem. I'll avoid that but am still thinking in that genre, such as an air cooled Monster, Speed Triple or even a Guzzi. Just need to change it up but still want lots of torque with all day comfort. Thanks for asking though!

$4500 is a nice price for that bike. Bumping this so Likwid can view it. Are you interested in a VRod?

I showed him this when it got dropped to $4500...told him he should jump on it but of course he just ignored me :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

A healthy stack of Benjamins and including the helmet in my avatar with the purchase means that this bandit is gonna have a serious identity crisis, at least until I find the next cool bike to own. Now who's got an air-cooled twin with a sporty feel to sell me... cheap!