Smokies and devils tail ride

xplover24x

I have vacation days on August 12 and 19. I may be able to swing a long weekend. Do you have any plans for rides, lodging, etc.? Fridays and Mondays are pretty good days to ride the dragon, Saturdays and Sundays get more congested (and LEO's). I recommend rolling out on Thurday night and riding the dragon on Friday then exploring the other awesome roads on Sat. and Sun.

Do you know if they ever got 129 repaired from the rockslide? I hope they have fixed it by now!

I have vacation days on August 12 and 19. I may be able to swing a long weekend. Do you have any plans for rides, lodging, etc.? Fridays and Mondays are pretty good days to ride the dragon, Saturdays and Sundays get more congested (and LEO's). I recommend rolling out on Thurday night and riding the dragon on Friday then exploring the other awesome roads on Sat. and Sun.

Do you know if they ever got 129 repaired from the rockslide? I hope they have fixed it by now!

i have no idea where the rock slide was but when I was there in June we ran a considerable length of 129 and nothing was closed

I want to go back this year again, just don't know when I actually can yet :o

i have no idea where the rock slide was but when I was there in June we ran a considerable length of 129 and nothing was closed

I want to go back this year again, just don't know when I actually can yet :o

the rock slide was between the foot hills pky and tabcat bridge it opened back up in july of last year..when we were down in may everything from maryville to murphy was open i did hear they started repaving parts of cherohala skyway but i dont know the details

the rock slide was between the foot hills pky and tabcat bridge it opened back up in july of last year..when we were down in may everything from maryville to murphy was open i did hear they started repaving parts of cherohala skyway but i dont know the details

in june I don't recall any construction on Cherohala but now I'm headed back the 2nd weekend in September!

just found this....

• 41798_189631058066_3916207_q.jpg Tail of the Dragon
    CONSTRUCTION: Cherohala Skyway (TN) repaving during Aug. One-lane traffic in work areas with a Follow Me car. New surface is thin layer of tar, not chip & seal, and will be dry - no damage to vehicles. Also.. The back (bumpy) forest service rd from Joyce Kilmer Mem Forest to US 129 closed August 1-8 to finish new two-lane bridge.