StarBoyz busted in Ohio

ReconRat

The lesson here, is to be careful about the paperwork when purchasing parts like engines from eBay or CraigsList. Either source is capable of burning the buyer. There needs to be a better way to check out and clear s/n's and parts sources...

http://articles.dailyamerican.com/2011-08-05/news/29857319_1_motorcycle-engines-affidavit

Two motorcycle stunt riders with StarBoyz Inc. were charged with felonies Friday after state police seized stolen property from the stuntmen in June during Windber Rumbles.

I think I'll recommend dry sump engines to avoid having to buy 12 to 15 engines a year... :eek:

Good. They're all fucking douchebags. Throw the book at em

Word.

They sure don't impress me.

And I call bullshit on them not knowing the engines were stolen. Really? You install a part with a ground off VIN and you think it's legit?

The StarBoyz also made headlines last month for causing fire damage to a portion of Graham Avenue in Windber during their performance. The newly paved state road had to be milled and repaved after the stunt performance led to $15,000 worth of damage.

Didn't hear about this; how can a stunt show cause $15k worth of damage to a road and cause it to be repaved?

Didn't hear about this; how can a stunt show cause $15k worth of damage to a road and cause it to be repaved?

http://articles.dailyamerican.com/2011-07-23/news/29808699_1_dog-gone-run-starboyz-fire-department

...Gasoline was poured onto the roadway and lit on fire as part of the show.

The Starboyz spun their motorcycles’ tires over the fire, performing a burnout, while catching the tire on fire. The stunt caused the new pavement to soften and move, creating cracks and divots, Dodson said. Representatives from Starboyz Inc. were unavailable for comment...

from another article...

Troopers noticed several violations on Caraboolad’s trailer and received his consent to search it, police said. Caraboolad told police one of the motorcycles inside the trailer was “questionable,” the court document said.

Even without fire, burnouts can dig into asphalt pretty easily.

Someone celebrated a win in the paddock at summit, and they left I nice deep trench from their burnout. $15k for supplies, transport of equipment, and labor sounds about right to me.

this is why the DMV or some other govt agency should put a list out of all stolen motor #'s and vin#s so this cant happen. When going to buy a used motor i know of no way to look the motor up to see its history.

yeah, but then the Star Boyeeeezzz couldn't claim ignorance :rolleyes: