164 ride on Sat?

LoTGoD

Was there a group ride on 164 on Sat? Just in Bergholz had a few bikes pass us as we stopped at the gas station. Saw that the group stopped at the Steel Trolley in Lisbon.

I did see a blazing orange Speed Triple with OEM pipes.

We started out at 43/22, and rode 646 to Scio, 151/212 to 164, 164 up to Lisbon, ate lunch at the Steel Trolley, 164 to 518 to 644 into Salineville, back on 164 to Amsterdam, 43 up to 9, 9 down to Cadiz, where it broke up. Most of the guys were from Pittsburgh, one from Toledo.. all of us old farts, for the most part- 35-50, lol.

I ride with them because I am the fastest, and it strokes my ego (lol... just kidding, kinda). Really, they are all cool, there's none of the racerboy mentality, and we all take our own pace for a while and then wait up for each other. Good bunch of guys.

Nice! You guys caught us pretty quick. I was with my dad and his friend. The old man was trying to see if I could keep up with him most of the day. He has 40+ years of riding on me, but I as able to hold my own.

I love 164!

Cool! Did one of you have a Triumph cruiser also? I think I might have seen you go by while we were at the Trolley. I saw what I thought was a Street Triple, but it must have been your Speedy.

I tend to ride 164 pretty hard. When we started down from Salineville, I went my own pace and left the group behind. I got to that little gas station (I think it's in Burgholz) I had time to fill up, get the receipt and put it in my wallet, and get back on the bike before the rest of the group caught up, lol.

Truth is, they were all on sport touring bikes, so I had an advantage. I followed a guy on a Buell up 164 and he was making it look so easy. You could tell he was a good rider.

Have you tried 646? It's a great ride. 9S is really fun too, if you can avoid the cars. Nice wide new pavement, an absolute blast when ridden 70-85mph. You can just lay it over until the pegs touch.

If you ever want to ride, let me know. I go down that way about every other weekend. It would be cool to have 2 Triples out for an afternoon.

Yep, I have a black speed triple. My dad has an an 04 Triumph Speedmaster (cruiser).

I'll head down that way any time you want to. If you come down 164 from Boardman we can meet up and hit 10 first, then head over to 164.

Speedmaster is a cool bike. I wouldn't mind having one of those in the future. I did see you guys go by.

I typically run 9 from S of Salem down into Carrollton. Never been on 10 before. Any good? Any weekend in the near future will work for me. I'll try and PM you when I get some time and it's closer to the weekend.