Mid Ohio 8/27 or STT 8/27-28 @ Putnam

APCh8r

Seeing if anyone was planning on going to either one of these events. I know that a lot of people are going to the Indy GP but figured some people might still be riding. With the GP turnouts should be lower so more open track.

Mid Ohio is a twlight event on Saturday, so intermediate and advance only.

Putnam would be typical 3 class format.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because its 3 hrs non stop, ride as much as you want. If you actually break it down it's the best bang for the buck.

Think of it like this; 20 mins on/20 off, that means 5 sessions possible. Apch8r had to explain it to me for it to make sense, but it definitely does.

And I have heard NO ONE goes, like it's awesome.

Because its 3 hrs non stop, ride as much as you want. If you actually break it down it's the best bang for the buck.

Think of it like this; 20 mins on/20 off, that means 5 sessions possible. Apch8r had to explain it to me for it to make sense, but it definitely does.

And I have heard NO ONE goes, like it's awesome.

I would agree with that if it were ideal and there would not be any stoppages for any reason. But if they red flag things for 20 min. you just lost a session and now you only get 4. Granted the same thing can happen at a normal track day but you have more time to let you get back on the track.

I'll still think about it some more and see if I can work out the logistics.

FWIW, I've done 4 of these and they have all gone off without issues. Anything can happen though.

I would agree with that if it were ideal and there would not be any stoppages for any reason. But if they red flag things for 20 min. you just lost a session and now you only get 4. Granted the same thing can happen at a normal track day but you have more time to let you get back on the track.

I'll still think about it some more and see if I can work out the logistics.

I would entertain M-O, but haven't done one of the twilight sessions before. Do you really have to do a few previous sessions at the M-O specifically previous to the twilight event or do they not really care? I'd hate to show up and then not be let on the track.

For what it's worth I usually run I/Open at Fastrax.

wanta,

If you run I/O with Fasttrax/motoseries etc. you should be fine. I ran my first I/O this season at Mid O after taking 2 years off and never running Mid O above N before and was fine.

As long as you can hold a line and keep up a decent pace you are good. I ran with Dubguy earlier this year and he is stupid fast, so he bumped right to A, and I ran mid to back pack with I/O but it was my 2nd I/O day EVER.

Bizzump, jarvis are you doing Putnam for sure? Is there anyone that is planning on going to Putnam that would want to potentially ride share, I can have room for one bike if I go. Still in the air as of now to what I will be doing, John sounds like he won't be able to do Putnam so I might go to Mid Ohio but do like the thought of two days vs one.

Bizzump, jarvis are you doing Putnam for sure? Is there anyone that is planning on going to Putnam that would want to potentially ride share, I can have room for one bike if I go. Still in the air as of now to what I will be doing, John sounds like he won't be able to do Putnam so I might go to Mid Ohio but do like the thought of two days vs one.

From where? I'll be there Sunday. Coming from s Dayton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless something happens to my bike, I'm going to Putnam for Saturday. I have one of those huge E-350 passenger vans I use to haul my bike and whatever trailer people I ride share with happen to have. I have at least one other person going with me, and if Dave goes, then two. If we get a big enough trailer, we can fit four people inside with one bike inside and three on a trailer (if it's that size). If you want to go the whole weekend, and it works out, we could always try to have you go up with us on Saturday and leave with idodishez on Sunday.

Maybe that's making it too complicated, but if you're interested, the offer's out there.

I would be coming from Cincy and would be going both days.

Not totally sure I understand what u need or are doing, but im going w g/f in a full size crew cab p'up if it will help, w my bike in bed. I've gotten multiple dirt bikes or quads in my s-10. But don't know if 2 sportbikes would fit in a full size p'up or not. Also have a rickety open trailer that will hold one bike

Not totally sure I understand what u need or are doing, but im going w g/f in a full size crew cab p'up if it will help, w my bike in bed. I've gotten multiple dirt bikes or quads in my s-10. But don't know if 2 sportbikes would fit in a full size p'up or not. Also have a rickety open trailer that will hold one bike

Was looking for someone to ride share and share gas/travel cost together. Its fine, I am just going to plan for Mid Ohio as of now as no one is going to putnam for the entire weekend.

The way it looks I will be doing Mid O Saturday, and playing the following week day by day. My #'s last month blew so I just checked my commission check on the 30th and it blows. This means I need to ensure I have plenty of cash for the ending months and trips through the winter to ride so most likely only riding 1-2 days from Sat 27th on until mid Sept.

For reference, our biggest dirt track races are in Sept. so that doesn't help the $ cause. HOWEVER, I am blowing this month away with commissions so Sept. 30th should be huge, may plan a few more days in Sept. than I had planned originally.

Aug 27th at Mid O, I am in, as of now, that is all. I most likely will be staying in Mansfield that night as my GF and my Dog will be with me to Mid O and I would go up early Sat. to drop off the dog, get the parents and head to the track. They help me out in the pits/paddock so it just make sense. Plus I have an instructor from Mansfield I am trying to get to ride with me 1 on 1 so I can improve.