Moto Series - Beaver Run - September 10 & 11

APCh8r

The issue with them is they had no business being in the open group.

So I brought it to the staffs attention early on and some fellow rider took it upon himself to say something. Hence, the reply "I got this." was all the midget kept saying. Well he got it alright. I normally don't wish anyone to have an accident but it was coming for him.

so they were moved down to novice, and one of them still crashed?

so they were moved down to novice, and one of them still crashed?

I do not think either of them got moved down. His buddy with the black leathers wasn't nearly as bad as the chump in the blue leathers. I think he took a slide while out during a damp session in open. All I know was they packed up early and I saw him moving what were supposed be solidly mounted tail parts.

ps. - i think this pic sucks more than the first one (from a body-postion standpoint. No disrespect, Marty :D)

Bike%2520821%2520%286%29.JPG

That pic is nothing. I wish I had a gopro because you'd of seen a whole lot worse. And he's more likely to drag his toe than a knee in that shot since he likes to ride around on the arches of his foot instead of the ball. :rolleyes:

Yeah they said something to me and I asked if they ride here often and they told me they don't go to the track just rip it up on the streets. Then proceeded to say how hard they ride on the streets. Only if I could be as cool as them

Yeah they said something to me and I asked if they ride here often and they told me they don't go to the track just rip it up on the streets. Then proceeded to say how hard they ride on the streets. Only if I could be as cool as them

That explains a lot. I don't know how they got into the open group.

at least his head is where his mirror should be

:wtf:

I'll let someone else take care of this one. :D

I didn't say it was the correct mirror.

As for them being in open. Motoseries doesn't have a hard set rule on this. I do agree whoever was helping in the open group should have seen this and moved them.

Awe come on... he had it brah why move someone with mad skillz like his unless it was up to advanced

clearly this guy didn't belong in "open." Why wasn't he moved down? This situation is precisely why I don't like riders being allowed to register for whatever group they want.

Every time I bring that up, people say, "the orgs will move people down or up if they're not in the right group."

It would appear that didn't happen. I am not going to pretend that moving the guy down would have prevented him from crashing, but it sure sounds like he was causing others a LOT of grief by being unpredictable and off-line in open.

Yes, most people are realistic about their riding abilities, and this guy is probably the exception to the rule - but you're dealing with serious speeds and danger. Isn't one dangerous rider one too many?

As I posted Ive rode with many organization and in every one there has been someone at sometime who didn't belong. This one was just made public.

I know that no matter what happens people get missed, not sure how many sessions he rode etc. but maybe he had some better ones, then some real bad ones. Or maybe he rode like 1-2 laps at a time and just wasn't visible.

Everyone has complained at one time or more about someone at some track day to the organization running it and most times I'd bet nothing came of it.

But yes, this dude looks like some N days would be very good for him.

clearly this guy didn't belong in "open." Why wasn't he moved down?

I didn't know you were there?

I didst see the guy on track except for a rain session. I can't answer if he was endangering others or riding way off pace. If he was that big of a problem I would have expected someone to bitch to whoever was patrolling the open group. I don't know who was keeping an eye on that group or how they would have missed someone riding as bad as everyone is saying.

I know Kevin said something to me (not running open) but I figured he was being a bitch as usual.

clearly this guy didn't belong in "open." Why wasn't he moved down? This situation is precisely why I don't like riders being allowed to register for whatever group they want.

Every time I bring that up, people say, "the orgs will move people down or up if they're not in the right group."

It would appear that didn't happen. I am not going to pretend that moving the guy down would have prevented him from crashing, but it sure sounds like he was causing others a LOT of grief by being unpredictable and off-line in open.

Yes, most people are realistic about their riding abilities, and this guy is probably the exception to the rule - but you're dealing with serious speeds and danger. Isn't one dangerous rider one too many?

The issue is that if you do it based on lap times or ability, how do you validate and how do you measure? Lap times are not a good measuring stick. Guys will push to try and get into a group they probably shouldn't be in and crash. Ability and number of events is hard to do at the start of the year.

Is there a set time allocated at the start of the day where you allow entrants to have sessions to evaluate their skills to place them in the proper groups?

Self evaluation occurs at every track day organization out there because otherwise, it can't work. The fact is that there are going to be people in every group that are exceptions. Most th time, it is done right. You'll get a few people that need moved and yes, the org needs to be aggressive and handle it and move them. It's about safety more than anything...