what a jack ass

2talltim

I've seen old gas in tanks run fine, but after filling up will just stop. The fresh gas knocks all the crap loose and the carbs clog up and stop flowing fuel. That's my first choice.

If a gas station has bad gas, you will see A LOT of cars a few blocks away, all with the hood up trying to get started again...

There's a gas station near me that tends to attract idiots fro some reason. Right off the freeway, so plenty of tourists.

One time I saw two cars approach the same pump from opposite directions, face-to-face. Both wanted the pump first so both accelerated, and both refused to back down. About 5 minutes later I could see the Deputy giving them both the WTF look as he took the accident report.

The worst was when I was getting gas one time and I saw a car approach the other side of the same pump. There was already a car there but it wasn't parked in front of the pump, it was about 5 feet past it. The second car pulled up and waited for a couple of minutes, the decided that the first car must not be using the pump. He gets out and goes to pick up the nozzle only to have the driver to of the first car get out and... Well the argument was on. "I was first" "You weren't using it" etc. Finally one of them runs his credit card through the pump and claims victory, only to have the other grab the nozzle and thank him for the free gas. Then the fight was on. The two of them were physically fighting over the nozzle of an activated fuel pump (pull the trigger - gas goes everywhere). I was gone so quickly it must have been like a cartoon with me leaving a car-shaped cloud of dust in my wake.