First Annual Long Rang Shoot/ Meet & Greet @ Thunder Valley

Sniper_308

Ok, guys & gals, I’m trying to organize and plan a date for Sunday, September 25th, to meet at Thunder Valley Precision Range, in Kimbolton, Oh, at 0900hrs. I see we have a few long range shooters on the board, along with some gun enthuses. This would be a great time to meet up, and have some fun at the range. All members are welcome, regardless of what your skill level is. No one is here to judge you, or belittle you, on your shooting abilities, it’s just for fun.

Walther_GPS & Flounder, I’m going to need your help, and contacts at the range to help set this up. I believe the cost is $30.00, to shoot at the range. You’re going to need to bring your own rifles, or handguns “not sure if its rifles only” and your own ammo. If you don’t have a rifle to use, I have no problem letting someone try mine out, “you supply the ammo”. I’ll see if I can bring some class III stuff (MP5, M4, Glock 18) if permitted at the range.

Everyone has plenty of time to plan and schedule for this range date. Let’s try to bring a grill and some beverages, to have a cookout as well.

Looking forward to meeting some more of you,

Brett

Here is a running list of those that will be attending.

Sniper_308

Kawi Kid

Walther_gsp

Scottb

Rymerc

Rawlins87

Imprezz55

Speedytriple +1

El capitan

FIJI-9-Brother +3

Thebrown57 + friends

1000rrrider

Jst2fst

And those who are on the fence

Flounder

Brn6604

redkow97

Edited by Sniper_308
Update info about the event.

You know I'm there. Targets are available from 100 yards to 1 mile in case someone is feeling froggy! Be warned!! Once you start shooting long distance its hard to stop and you lead to spend lots of money on trying to shoot further! Lol

I'd people want to bring pistols that's fine too we can figure something out with targets for them too.

If anything just come and hang out I'm sure most folks will be gracious enough to let others pop some shots with their guns. Who knows the owner of the range will more than likely bring some cool toys himself!

Oh and thanks for using my facebook to plan this cuz all my friends that aren't on o.r. know about it already lololol

You know I'm there. Targets are available from 100 yards to 1 mile in case someone is feeling froggy! Be warned!! Once you start shooting long distance its hard to stop and you lead to spend lots of money on trying to shoot further! Lol

I'd people want to bring pistols that's fine too we can figure something out with targets for them too.

If anything just come and hang out I'm sure most folks will be gracious enough to let others pop some shots with their guns. Who knows the owner of the range will more than likely bring some cool toys himself!

Oh and thanks for using my facebook to plan this cuz all my friends that aren't on o.r. know about it already lololol

Yeah, no problem. The more the merrier! Lets hope for a good turnout. We will need to pick one of those days.

Just an fyi. We are trying to gauge interest. If we have enough, I'll talk to Tom at TVP to see about locking that weekend date in since he has nothing currently on the official schedule. I don't want to have him block off a day for us and turn other customers away and have a tiny turn out. If we only have a little interest, we can probably get a Friday for ourselves assuming he's not doing private or LE training.

Full auto/ nfa stuff is fine. Only real restriction is .338 and under on steel. Obviously this range is geared towards rifle stuff (with 3 challenging tactical LR courses), but yes we can work out pistol/ shotgun stuff too.

Just an fyi. We are trying to gauge interest. If we have enough, I'll talk to Tom at TVP to see about locking that weekend date in since he has nothing currently on the official schedule. I don't want to have him block off a day for us and turn other customers away and have a tiny turn out. If we only have a little interest, we can probably get a Friday for ourselves assuming he's not doing private or LE training.

Full auto/ nfa stuff is fine. Only real restriction is .338 and under on steel. Obviously this range is geared towards rifle stuff (with 3 challenging tactical LR courses), but yes we can work out pistol/ shotgun stuff too.

Sounds good, thanks for your help. Hope we can get the turnout we're looking for. How many people will you need to reserve the range for the day?

TVP info

Website

TVP is run by Tom Sarver, who has 20+ years of precision/tactical shooting experience and 2 1000 yard world records(5 shot group at 1000yards, 1.397 inches)

The main range has benches with target berms at 600 and 1000 yards. There is a side lane to shoot paper at 100 for zero. Steel targets at 200, 300,400,500,600,700,1000,1100,1200yards and at 1 mile. There are 3 tactical long range courses on the property: Intimidator -- 4 firing positions with 4 targets each, targets range from 270 to 1165 yards + a bonus at 1640, Short Course -- 3 firing positions with 4 targets at ranges from 170 to 550y, and TVP's newest course The HeadHunter which consists of essentially a mini sniper mission, 20 headshot targets with only 1 shot per target.

We can mess around shooting targets at the benches, shoot a few positions of each tactical course, whatever floats our boat. I'm sure we could setup an impromptu pistol steel course as well.

I am interested, I could use some help adjusting the sites on my Mosin 91/30. This would be the "long range" item I have. I could bring a .22 LR rifle and a 9 MM pistol, just for fun. It would be neat to see a Glock 18 in person, besides just the youtube videos.

Carpool Scott? kinda long ride on the bike with the long guns strapped to my back.LOL!
Speedy, we can carpool, I will check with the social director ( the wife) but that weekend should be free of mid-ohio or other events. Google maps says about 2 hour drive for us.

if i can make it i'll drive. i have a honda pilot we can throw all the gear in and drive down. i'm in parma.