First Annual Long Rang Shoot/ Meet & Greet @ Thunder Valley

Sniper_308

Anything else we need to bring beside the eye and ear proctection?

Maybe a mat for prone shooting?

This does sounds like great idea. I have only been shooting for about a year and a half would like to learn from those more experienced

There are benches to shoot from unless we do some of the course stages and then you shoot off a mat. I think walther has one. I might have one by then too who knows.

I'm pretty excited about this! Its a really nice facility and every time I have been there everyone was super nice and helpful. So if there is any beginners out there that was thinking they would like to come but feels like they would be in the way, don't think that way at all! We all started somewhere. It was over a year ago when I showed up my first time just to watch and see what it was all about. I bet that day I learned more about shooting in a few hours than I did the entire year. I competed in my first competition this yearso I'm by no means a veteran or pro at this yet

Dont have much for distance just my mini and a 17 hmr so looking to play under 300 yards.

We don't necessarily have to shoot stuff at distance, but I'm sure we can get that mini past 300.

Like sniper_308 offered, anyone is welcome to try my stuff out. Right now both my LR guns (AR and bolt) are shooting factory ammo, so if someone wants to try some 1000+ yard shots, bring some Blackhills 175gr 308 (non moly coated) ammo. I'm pretty sure sniper308 is using the same stuff.

I'll also try to work up a subsonic load for my 308 by then.

Also, I may be wrong, but I believe TVP has some rental .308's if anyone is interested. I'm not sure of the price, I'll check with Tom. If you want to try out a suppressor, those are for rent for sure (obviously you'll need a threaded barrel).

Bring shooting mats if you have them. If we do mostly shooting/plinking from the bench, we can still shoot 2 positions of the short course and 1 from the Intimidator safely so those mats will come in handy.

Earlier this year, TVP got hit with a tornado that damaged the shelter over the benches, so EZ Ups are probably a good call. I'll bring one. Someone suggested bringing a grill, thats a good idea. I'm sure we could use the fire pit after if we wanted to sit around and have a few beers after the guns are put away.

if i can make it i'll drive. i have a honda pilot we can throw all the gear in and drive down. i'm in parma.

I'm right down the street from you guys. We should all ride together, we all can put in a few bucks for gas. It will make for a cheap trip.

.25-06 FTW!!! The longest I've shot it so far is 100yds, how would that look strapped to my back for a ride down there? Lol

Funny you should say that. One of the regulars/RO's lives somewhat nearby and rides his dual sport over with a rifle case on his back fairly regularly.

I am interested, I could use some help adjusting the sites on my Mosin 91/30. This would be the "long range" item I have. I could bring a .22 LR rifle and a 9 MM pistol, just for fun. It would be neat to see a Glock 18 in person, besides just the youtube videos.

You're welcome to shoot it, if you like. After a few instructions of course.

I think I can make this. Would bring the AR. Sounds fun. Never been into ld shooting. Be cool if someone could go over how to make scope adjustments for long range adjustmens. I get the 100 yard click thing but don't really understand how to use the marks on the crosshairs et cetera.

I think I can make this. Would bring the AR. Sounds fun. Never been into ld shooting. Be cool if someone could go over how to make scope adjustments for long range adjustmens. I get the 100 yard click thing but don't really understand how to use the marks on the crosshairs et cetera.

That's not a problem. We can go over MIL/MOA adjustments, how to use your reticle for hold overs/spotting, etc...

That's not a problem, bring your AR, and will be happy to show you.

Sniper, we can all ride together. If we all kick in a bit for gas, should leave money for ammo. SO I'll have a 22LR, 9mm pistol and a 91/30 mosin, possibly a shotgun too.

Thats perfect. The Honda Pilots have a lot of room in them.

and a rough guess-ta-mate on a starting time, so us northerners can figure out when to leave....

Not sure what time the range opens. I'm sure some people will want to sleep in, because it's the last day before they go back to work. Maybe we can all vote on a time?!?