when i buy a 2nd bike it will be..

Hoblick

Ducati Multistrada 1200S touring

more i read up on this bike the more i like it.

i dont think it would suit me very well for 2 up, but for a solo tourer it would be amazing.

i definately need to ride one at some point.

ill make sure i get down to motohio's ducati demo day when it comes around next year.

Hopefully they will have the demo bikes next year and the multi is one of them. I don't think Ducati came through town this year. I have talked with a few guys that own them and they all love them. I just can't get past the price tag on the thing yet.

the price on the 1200S touring is $20k

alot of money yes, alot of bike for the money? yes

electronically adjustable compression and rebound on the Ohlins forks.. ahh awesome!

so much about this bike is insane in the technology department.

and its super capable from what im reading.

i just need to ride one to make sure seating position is to my liking. thats alot for me on a bike that i will ride all day.

the price on the 1200S touring is $20k

alot of money yes, alot of bike for the money? yes

electronically adjustable compression and rebound on the Ohlins forks.. ahh awesome!

so much about this bike is insane in the technology department.

and its super capable from what im reading.

i just need to ride one to make sure seating position is to my liking. thats alot for me on a bike that i will ride all day.

holy crap I didn't know they were that much new!

I dont think id mind paying the money for bike with superior components, nit saying the ninja isnt a good bike, i just prefer the adjustability and better technology in the duc. Hopefully when its time to buy i can find a used one at a decent price

ya, sorry - was typing that from my phone in the hallway at work. I don't mean to knock either bike; just saying that Cycle Magazine(?) based a lot of their "best bike" criteria on value this year, because of the global economy.

They openly question how a bike that's down 65 horsepower and up 45 lbs. to last year's winner (the BMW S1000R) can be the best bike in 2011.

If you're looking to tour, the ninja could do that, but not as well; certainly not in stock form anyway. And we all know you don't like to upgrade your stuff ;-)

The 1000 looks like a do-all bike. I'd love to sit on one. That stock can is god awful though.

The Termi full system comes with a TI can that looks better than the stock muffler setup. Only adds another $2500 or so to the price. If it sounds anything like the Termi's on my Sportclassic it would be worth every penny just for the sound it makes.:bow:

I have owned many biked but after riding the fjr I forgot about them all. I have got a new bike every year since I started riding until I got this bike, I don't even care about any other bike. It may not be the best at everything but it does everything damn good