Saturday 8/27

NinjaDoc

I am seriously doubting u even exist ... May be this is a bot whose location was given as Youngstown :).. Next time we will make an evening ride around here.. At least we all yt boys need to meet

Not the first time people have doubted my existance!! Even if we just skim around here in the park and whatever.. I wanna ride with you! I can even bring the Nikon out and shoot some rolling shots of you! My rollers always look amazing!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote we do a simple meet up at millcreek park.. get some shots near the steel bridge or the lake.. Maybe some action shots.. there's a couple curves that you can get good lean without the park police. with 1 spotter and a cameraman shouldn't have any issues with bicyclists or joggers.. Could be a fun way to kill an hour.

Just for clarification. there are some curves that if you maintain the legal speed limit thru the curve you can get good lean and not have to worry about park police. I meant it to be a meet and photo op not a time trial. Just a suggestion.

Boardman bike nite Monday evening?

Awesome ride... My first real group ride, too.

Got some great advice from IP on improving my riding skills, and it was great to meet the rest of you... Thanks to NinjaDoc for organizing and getting me to come out, and to I.P. for leading most of the way. And to Siacono for getting me back to 77 on the way back home.

My ass is killing me and my lips are chapped :)

I stopped at State 8's showroom on the way home, and then http://www.ohiomotorcycle.com also, since I passed them and didn't know they were there... They were a lot friendlier.

I sat on 600RRs, zx-6Rs, 650R's, etc. I've got the bug and need to move up :)

I bought mine at ohio motorcycle I was happy with my deal and their customer service. You might want to also look at the VFR if your looking for a bike to do some two up riding. The 650r is a nice bike but I got bored of it quick and the wife hated it it was not comfortable for her at all.

I got my triumph from cleveland akron honda(ohiomotorcycle now) about 11 years ago. If you are looking to spend a lower amount of money Josh and are looking to do two up riding. I might suggest a bandit 1200, comfy plenty of power and the older ones can be had for cheap.

Good to hear nice reviews of that 2nd shop I went to... Chad, the salesman who talked to me, was much less... elitist than the guys at State 8. He was just more approachable, too.

I actually don't think I'll be doing too much 2 up riding... My GF stays INCREDIBLY busy, and I'm also a little scared that something may happen. I'm a new enough rider that I worry about my own safety and don't really want anyone riding on the back to be responsible for theirs, as well... Plus I heard it changes all the ergonomics and dynamics of riding.

Down the road, in a few years, I might be thinking about a touring bike for me & GF (maybe wife, then) but for the immediate future, I'm ridin' solo ;)

Which shop to purchase from really comes down to who has the bike I want at the price I want... and in THAT case, a private party sale is almost always cheaper... Although I'll probably want test rides at a shop so I can make an educated decision... Though to be honest, I'll probably look for a good deal and buy that bike, instead of test-riding lots of models, and then waiting for that model of bike to come up for sale.

Probably the wrong way to go about it, eh?

I would stear clear of state rape I mean 8. they can be kinda shady on there bikes sometimes. Ohio motorcycle is pretty honest and has fair prices maybe not always the lowest. But they are good to deal with. Private party would net the best price but then it comes down to locating a model you want for sale that is desirable.

I've bought 3 bikes from State8. Get a price from somewhere else, and they will beat it. Just don't expect any kind of service from them.

If you are willing to pay a little more, I would agree that Ohio motorcycle in Oakwood has much better people and service, but they really aren't the cheapest. I bought my Triple from them, and have been happy with the sales and service there. I would go there again.

I look forward to watching your vids' date=' Doc. Thanks for hosting the ride.

[/quote']

Hopefully i can get it done soon, nothing much to expect :) but the issue is i still dont have a good fun upbeat bg music to put for the edited version.

Awesome ride...

My ass is killing me and my lips are chapped :)

I'm kinda cornfused?? What kind of ride was this? I see mention of STD's, hurt asses and chapped lips....:wtf: I guess I missed out on another one of Pauly's special rides. I need to get my bike plated so I can join in on the shenanigans too. :D

I'm kinda cornfused?? What kind of ride was this? I see mention of STD's, hurt asses and chapped lips....:wtf: I guess I missed out on another one of Pauly's special rides. I need to get my bike plated so I can join in on the shenanigans too. :D

coughsellthecbrcough

UH when did akron and youngstown become north east? LOL I am up for a good ride this weekend I have 4 days off work and plan to make one of them a 400 mile day I hope. who want to run 212 to 151 to 9 to 7 to 556 to 78 to 26/800 to 212? I am planning to do this ride sometime this weekend either by myself or with others.

UH when did akron and youngstown become north east? LOL

Oh I always thought they were :( (Wikipedia)

anyways ST that looks like a good route, .... have u seen the route mike posted in rides and event, prolly 400 + route, lot of intrest among the riders, I will be in if my bike is back in condition

Oh I always thought they were :( (Wikipedia)

anyways ST that looks like a good route, .... have u seen the route mike posted in rides and event, prolly 400 + route, lot of intrest among the riders, I will be in if my bike is back in condition

Whathappened to your bike?

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=80439 there u go,

Nm sia, just routine service, plus putting an exhaust etc, since am tech noob getting it done by dealer whose charging me 60 $ for oil change, slider attachment, slip on exhaust fitting plus tire change. :((