4th Annual Fall Leaf Tour.

Unk Greg

Slowroller...meet in mlbg at speedway....time to mt. vernon 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Meet you at speedway at 9 and go to next meet spot at mc dealer in vernon. Set for 10.

If too early add half hour?

Rest of youse....I don't want day to get too late for traveling folks. I can pare route down if too many pic stops and/ or.

Rough route...leave Mt. Vernon...catch Mohican area thread back into Amish world, but using SR514 & SR520, just too nice to ignore....end up in Tusc and drop to Roscoe.

Life is dynamic! The Annual Fall Leaf Tour will be...Sunday, Oct. 9th. Times to meet still good. Mlbg. 9 AM at Speedway and swing west to & @ Mt. Vernon mc dealer by 10AM. This has become the do or die date...JRMMIII's cold weather thought.....not so much as rain or snow presenting prob.... It will be a great Fall day, right?

So there it is. Adjust yer calendar from there. Stuff occurs as they say.

Lovin' it!

• 2 weeks later...
Life is dynamic! The Annual Fall Leaf Tour will be...Sunday, Oct. 9th. Times to meet still good. Mlbg. 9 AM at Speedway and swing west to & @ Mt. Vernon mc dealer by 10AM. This has become the do or die date...JRMMIII's cold weather thought.....not so much as rain or snow presenting prob.... It will be a great Fall day, right?

So there it is. Adjust yer calendar from there. Stuff occurs as they say.

Lovin' it!

Cleaned up some of your short hand..took me a few to desipher:lol:

So it's the 9th of Oct....9AM at Millerburg Speedway..next stop around 10am ish Mid-Ohio(suz. hon, yam, kaw)dealer at 494 Harcourt Rd. in Mount Vernon .then headed east...try to plot a goolge map once you know your final route, i might do a twistie route afterwards for those that wanna open them up a bit

Edited by 2talltim

Doing a check out ride today 9/17. Leave mc dealer 10:15am. Heading to Mohican area and using county roads mostly. Will do SRs as connectors. Mohican back to Danville and top off gas. SR514 N to SR 520. From Killbuck CR 35 to CR150 to CR 19. No the other one...to CR 59? Amish Country to cr 600 and New Bedford to SR651 and Baltic....from there Crooked Run to old SR21. Eat at Hot Rod City....then follow old 21 south to SR751. Slab a bit on SR36 to SR258? And grab CR 3 in Tusc co. To Guernsey and link up with SR541 east section...the fun one....to Roscoe for dessert. CR outa Roscoe to SR60 between Tunnel Hill and Warsaw....then? Watching time at this point...if okay...541 to Big Jug Rd and snake to covered bridge. Brings us out at SR586 and near SR79....can close loop back to Mt. Vernon or send everyone

on their merry way...SR79 or 586 to USR62 at Martinsburg....the northern yankees....we can toss it up as to way back .... OR turn to Warsaw and poke around the CR 22 and the Coshocton CR19... dunno...today i'll see. No definitive numbers. PM or just log on.

Latest and greatest. Two attempts Saturday and encountered too many chip and sealed roads. Leaves SRs. I see Fredricktown bridge is done so SR95 is open. Dam road is closed....no that'd be the dam at Mohican....so popped off Mohican Country from Fall Tour. Will keep 514 and 520.

Kawi's notice about CR600...thanks again Kawi. Used CR 12 and missed that prob. Good going on rest of route. Popped off SR258(?) And Tusc Co. Rd. 3...consensus has been too many miles...don't know what you folks thought. So will adjust. Watch for new route to be posted.

Old route for posterity. Mt. Vernon quikest way out of town from dealership. City streets to SR229. Off and thru Gambier and Kenyon campus....backroads to SR36 in Howard. Howard-Danville Rd. to Danville...short jaunt to gas station at corners of USR62, SR514, SR205. North on SR514 to SR520. Cross USR62 to CR 53 (by Sportsmans Club). South on CR to other side of ridge and Coshocton's CR19...taking it to Spring Mtn....and down to Warsaw(CR22). SR36 towards Coshocton and off to pick up CR24. CR24 to CR207(?) and SR 83....83 north to CR12 and to New Bedford....missed the CR600 chip and seal -thanks again Kawi Kid)...SR651 to Baltic and thru square up hill to pick up Pleasant Valley Rd. to Crooked Run Rd. Stop sign at old 21 and left to Hot Rod City restaurant (google it). They don't seem to have service problems with lg groups like Roscoe. After eats..south on old 21 to SR751. ONLY RAN INTO CHIP AND SEAL ON OLD 21. It is survivable just a shirt section. Arriving at SR36 and slab it back to Coshocton and Roscoe Village. Up hill at Roscoe (after frozen custard for dessert).up hill is CR 23 or 33. Follow it to CR17....take 17 to SR60 and right to Warsaw and SR36. Take 36 back towards Coshocton but turn at Riverview High School SR60 north. Arriving at intersection of USR62. Take 62 back to Danville and Danville-Amity Rd. to SR3. SR3 south and back to Mt. Vernon.

Folks decided too long. So use this as a summer run...can throw back in the Newcomerstown 258 loop to 541 and back to Coshocton.

So another loop to be laid in....into Amishland. New owners of Farmstead Restaurant in Berlin...don't know if they are open on Sunday.

Cleveland and other northern folks...you have an option...late sleep and meet group at end of SR520 and USR62 at 11:15am. Sit in pkg lot at club. Took an hour with scooter leading. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Checking in. Ride is on barring the JRMMIII Rule....snow or rain and we ain't going.

Meet time is at Mt. Vernon, Harcourt Rd motorcycle dealership (SR36) is 10AM. We will leave at 10:15. Depending on group size...quickest way out of Mt. Vernon getting to SR229. Group size determines back roads.....a half mile string of Goldwings (don’t laff) means mostly SR's. Heading east and north to Danville. Gas top off if needed. North on SR514 to 520. At Killbuck 520 ends and we'll be on county roads heading to Amish Country. New Bedford and east on mostly county roads to New Philly and Hot Rod City to eat. Heading to Coshocton after meal on old 21 and picking up SR751 to SR36 - slab to Roscoe Village...can end ride there....saw go fasts want to plot route home. Otherwise wander back to Warsaw and eventually back to Mt. Vernon...problee come back in on SR229.

Cleveland folks send me a PM. If no one coming in from north i can skip mlbg meet. Northerners let me know please. No confirmed numbers..no one actually yes. Mansfield and points south...some down south will cut out at Roscoe. Fluid ride and departure as works for you.

Sorry dealer is Mid-Ohio honda, suzuki, yamaha...484 Harcourt Road, which i believe is also State Route 36. Leaving dealership at 10:30AM.

Administrator...how come i don't have an edit option?

Folks that i have talked to are doing a partial route. Easily done. We won't be very far from state highways at any given time.

Will run the route this Sunday weather permitting. See what the roads look like since last check.