4th Annual Fall Leaf Tour.

Unk Greg

Candy...i'll see the Mansfield folks Monday....they will most likely ride down on SR13. Used my report did a no show...dang phone.

Okay another try. 175 miles route. I took 5 and a half hours. Includes a pace at varying slooooow speeds. Stop for gas and eat. I can vary ending loop if we get into a time crunch. Like to have ya done no later than 5pm...tonite i counted 20 some deer, but was running after dusk.

Route is good with great panoramic views. Tree tunnels, creek side and tops of ridges. Route out of Mt Vernon dealership will snake us thru a few city streets. Picking up Lower Gambier Rd and taking it to SR229. THRU Gambier and back roads to Howard. Howard-Danville Rd. Danville can top off gas. SR514north from there to SR520. 520 to Killbuck. Outa Killbuck on county roads to Clark and jump across SR83 onto Holmes Co.'s CR19. CR19 - CR59 - CR600 (No chip and seal on this section Kawi). New Bedford and the rustic porta-john...should ya need ;-p. SR651 all 3 miles of it to Baltic. Thru Baltic onto Pleasant Valley Rd and run it until Crooked Run Rd. Thru Ragersville and staying on Crooked Run until stop sign at old 21...about 20 miles. Left at stop sign to Hot Rod City Restaurant. Manager expecting a group....i will call with numbers when we leave. Seating for 30 or so. www.hotrodcityrestaurant.com. After eating take old 21 south to SR751 and pick up SR36 following it to Coshocton and Roscoe Village. Ice cream or not? Up hill from Roscoe on county road (23 or33) to CR 17. 17 south to SR60. North on SR60 to Warsaw and up Spring Mtn.Rd. from there to Killbuck....for you tourists...CR22 to CR19 to Layland and SR60. SR60 to USR62 at Killbuck. West on USR62 to Danville...gas again? Danville-Amity Rd to SR3 and SR3 south to Mt. Vernon to dealership.

Modest pace. Assortment of bikes. Cruisers, scooters, touring bikes even Harleys.

Meeting points. I' ll look thru posts here as I haven' t heard from Cleveland folks. If no northern Yankees are coming I can skip 9AM meet at Speedway gas station. Loudonville folks will just show ip at dealership as will the few I have talked with from Newark. Mansfield people will leave from McD's at Sr13 and Hanley Rd.@ 9:30AM. Trail boss there is Keith. He figures half hour to get to dealership in Mt. Vernon. Some folks are joining up at Danville' s gas stop. No word from Toledo folks.

Fall Tour is on...especially hearing 70's and sunny. Yeah, that'll work for me.

I did the complete loop with one tankful. Folks coming in...Danville is 20 miles from our start point. At Rodeos Village stop....gas station nearby, by Bob Evans. Then there is Wally World just back up SR36. We'll pass it on our way to Roscoe.

175 miles as mentioned above and ran it at a purposed sloooooow 45mph. So gas stop, stopping to eat and stopping for ice cream ... it took 5 and a half hours. Actually 5 hrs and 10 minutes. At Roscoe Village the group would be 36 to 38 miles from Mt. Vernon.

At work and a machinist came over to my bldg. Asked about the ride. Goldwing and can my wife come along? Sure. Saw the flyer somebody posted, eh? No....heard it on the radio! Say what?

This is gonna be GREAT!

We might need to find a bigger restaurant...the party area only seats 40. ROTFLMAO.

Short recap of riders. Father-son, father-daughter, spouses...newbs. So mixed experience and varying machines. Still no clue on actual numbers. Call offs....3 outa 4 of antique bikes out. Beemer folks...uhmmm, hard to say one guy emailed regrets racing instead. BUT thenthen we couldmight end up withand more Yuppies than a Starbucks in Seattle! Racers here in town are out...apparently racing this weekend. Jeez. Speaking of racers...JRMMIII....I talked with the beer girl at the stadium, she says... Her boy running a pro-mod bike. Says he took the whole shooting match at Norwalk. Weekend or two ago? Last weekend (?) set fastest qualifying right off the trailer Friday in Maryland.

Her pink ZXR most likely not with us on leaf tour.....sort of sneered at my relaxed pace comment.

Restaurant wanted #'s. I'll do a head count at dealership Sunday morning and call ahead.

Logging out for now. ~Big Smiles

Out today....looks like somebody has read the route...lotsa folks riding the backroads in Amishland. Even saw. Kawi....'cept his ride was full of kerosene...fill all them lamps, eh? The pickup truck pulled way over on 651's paved berm Kawi.....what was you doin' peaking at the Amish girls on the playground instead of driving??? HA...Good to see you...even if it was briefly...at least I waved.

Nice day out...looking forward to Sunday!

Looking forward to the ride. That's cool that it was on the radio station, was it 93.7? Never thought about putting a ride on the radio but it makes sense, the more the merrier. So how many deer did you see on your way home the other night, I was sitting on the bench in Danville when you were on your way into work, tried to flag you down but you were a man with a purpose. Ha

Think I'll take the TMax, a little more airflow than the other and more fun in the twisties.

Jane's flying to Mass. today for the week so I'm definitely up for breakfast if you and Sue are doing that in Mt.V before the ride. Give me a call if you ride today after 3pm. Mike

Will do. Messing with bikes now. No idea on how the radio got it. Thought they were joking. Second guy came over from other building and said he heard one of the guys talking about it at church?! The member said he heard it on the radio. ?!!??!! But loving it.

Two deer and a racoon that morning. Got a squirrel the other afternoon coming in. Thought he scrambled away, but back wheel got him. Didn' t add it too the BBQ liist though.

We bunch up for protectio on ride in the AM. Usually too foggy to see much in morning. I think I see Kevin each morning riding in on his way to open up....he has the big scooter right?

Meeting you at Danville. A few others to be there....Keith from 206 and Loudonville to be at Danville.

Nothing set 100% in stone, but I'm still planning on meeting up with Keith and the rest of the Mansfield group at McD's off Hanley Rd (SR-13/I-71) at 9:30AM.

Should be me, the girl, and my folks... but we may break off early depending on how my folks feel.

Just in from today's out and about...squared off rear tire from following scooters. jrmmiii and others re: short routes. It is not a problem...route is set up and meanders along, but never really far from a state route back to civilization. Well maybe not so well in Baltic area. One guy called and saw route...said he knew a girl in Bakersville...figuring that'll be where he'll drop off. Southern boys (Nerk

..otherwise known as Newark) leaving at Coshocton...ride is flexible. Run what ya can.

Over and out...roger willco yadda yadda....printing out route instructions for folks...banjo playing in the hills makes some nervous...so they can tuck written route away when they get separated from group.

It's morning day of ride....cool and ugh hvy fog. Besides here...more regrets because of broken down bikes....better broke in the driveway than somewhere in Appalachia (how do you spell it?). I was looking forward to seeing the older bikes...oh well.

Mansfield Keith 's phone has been busy since yesterday...do cell phones ring busy?

Press on regardless....P.O.R.

....and IT'D....;-)