4th Annual Fall Leaf Tour.

Unk Greg

At least I didn't have the oldest bike in the group..LOL..I split off at Rosco Village because I have to work tonight and wanted to get a couple hours of shut eye..I was going to stop and say farwell but it looked crowded there..so thanks for the ride everyone nice meeting the ones that my anti social ass said hello too

All done. Left dealership a little late and ending up passing the other half of the group going in the opposite direction. Since the 28 of us putter along at 35the for the next few miles and I had motioned to them to turn around....they never found us....well two of them found a few of us at Danville. Guess the Beemer guy ain' t talking to me now....we hung around & bye - time for the road trip.

Absolutely great day and time. Momma unit managed to flip the scoot. Too much power...twisted the throttle from stop ...only back tire was in pea gravel....only incident. A new exhaust guard skill take care of it.

Absolutely a great time.....28 for eat stop and that was after missing the other yahoos. They apparently chased us to Gambler, but couldn't find us.

Slight variation on beginning route to make things flow nicer. 'Cept for that pea gravel.

River runs, tree tunnels, top of ridges and even a rock face turn....most scenic.

Pace was good and arrivals about the expected times.

Hot Rod City greeted us ... seated us....drinks delivered, orders taken...food delivered in a total of 45the minutes. Nice job Hot Rod City. Don't know if any looked around at the cars inside, but I think we had decent meals and service. Owner poked his head out and thanked us...appreciated us stopping there. We waited longer at Roscoe for the ice cream!

Good roads, scenic views and Amish Country to boot. Some were able to pick up pace a bit....and we all survived.

Thanks to all who attended....just thinking if the other half had connected what a parade that would have been. Motoclee-sta got pics...a few others got some. My camera stayed in my pocket most of the time...so no DVD to be made.

Thanks again one & all . 5 counties and mostly back roads!!!

• Upvote 1

It was a great ride today, as soon as I figure out how to post pics off my phone I will. Thanks Greg for letting me ride the SV, when the time is right I will be looking for one. Hopefully it will be set up somewhat like yours!

Hey, thanks for putting together the great ride... We got back a little bit ago, no problems, no jihadi bambis... a little tired but, what a fun day!

Adrian,

How many miles did you have total for your ride coming from Marysville? You might get the most miles traveled award, but you'll have to share with your wife. :bow:

Adrian,

How many miles did you have total for your ride coming from Marysville? You might get the most miles traveled award, but you'll have to share with your wife. :bow:

...looks like we did about 254 total, and yeah, she was suffering from some SBS (sore butt syndrome). Thank God she loves me!

On a real computer now (third try however- somehow Snopes jumped up on my screen while typing in this replay and the reply disappeared!?!?!) Me widdle phone has hidden the keybd...hence me seeking out a computer....I get a white screen on phone...if ya tap on it a letter appears in the message box. Too bad I don't have the keybd memorized...and it won't back the wrong letter off with the return.....JRMIII...and you were wondering why I ain't on the bd that often!

Ride recap/revisit. Good turnout-didn't know what to expect with the purported radio announcements. We did however lose half the group. Left a bit later from dealership than planned, as I waited for them....checked my phone no messages. We did see them at the intersection just up the road and waved at them to turn around....and they waved back, I don't understand why they couldn't catch up to us as we traveled for several miles at 35 for all to collect into a group. I did see the antique bike afterall at the end of the ride as we sat in Danville at the gas stop (6-ish) with several of us parked...NOT thinking about ice cream they have there, however. Looked up and saw them at stop sign and waved 'em over. Only thing I heard about later was that the Head Beemer Guy was reported to have chided the guy on the antique bike with, "Why did ya stop?". Nice huh?

Insert yer own bad words here.

Onto the GOOD NEWS...teeny dents and a few scuffs on momma unit's scoot. Amazingly I looked at that gravel spot and thought..OOOO that could be a problem. Only for the high powered scoot doing a burnout it seems...HA!

Absolutely a great day, everyone had a wonderful outing. Lotsa comments about doing this again. The route can be run in the opposite direction and you would get different scenic vistas. Route included 3 Twp Rds as well as numerous county roads and they were okay. The worst pavement was near the start and we were poking along slowly to make sure all were still there after the traffic lites and getting out of town. We had river runs, tops of ridges, tree tunnels and just generally wonderful suitable for calendar pics.

Speaking of pics...thanks JRMMIII for posting...GSXRBirch, stop over at house and I can download your phone pics to my movie program. Just delete the incriminating stuff. MikeXup??? Whaddya got?

Couldn't ask for a better day weather wise.

Best luck rolling with us....SOME in group realized that backroads could be used for spritely dashes.

Hot Rod City was amazing....we showed up, they greeted us, served the drinks, took our orders and served the food...we were done paid our bills and out in 45 min. I got a few pics after all...so have assembled the usual DVD, but it only runs length of one hillbilly song...get me more pics, please. Hope some of ya walked around and checked out cars and automotive signs, gas pumps - stuff would make a great den (or garage)!

bchristy sorry I missed your back home route...I was talking to another table about avoiding Millersburg. Annual Antique Festival and the Fall Leaf Tour same weekend. So did ya see the camel in the parade? One year we sat and watched some of the parade...so now I run the route away from the 'Burg. Usually the 1st weekend in October. Mark your calendars now!

Whitestone...owe ya a lunch for long distance award!

Pics, also we had motocyclista there and he positioned himself somewhere and did a photo journalist role. He should have pics, yell at him.

Sunday was spartan traffic....very few cars out and a touch of Amish buggies, must not have been a church day that day. Speaking of Amishland...y'all enjoy that porta-john? Any port in a storm, eh? Sue still has the hand sanitizer in the cavernous scooter trunk.

Roscoe Village had some sort of activity, but streets were open and we parked by stage. Frozen custard all around....took them longer for the dessert than the restaurant did to feed us! At Roscoe talking and learned that a Harley guy was a former Chopper builder. Doesn't build anymore, rides instead. Got tired of sitting in hot sun on pavement all day long at bike shows.

Widlife? Sure you bet...besides learning that Keith (Mansfield) knew the owner of the Fox Hole and said he could get us in free!!! Okay, uh, okay, uh... the last third leg and we had a group of buzzards that we tooted and rev'd to scatter from their repast. Then we scurried a chicken off towards the barn - so they can cross the road! Not sure about the pony in Amishland standing on the bank next to the road. May have been tethered, but who knows?

So how many had seen the dog riding in the trailer behind a bike? Truly a great day - most enjoyable. Thanks to one and all for being there.

And for those that missed...Ya Shoulda, Woulda. Even the radar trap was facing the wrong way! Super day!!!

Thanks again.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

Hey everyone. Glad to get the chance to meet some more OR folks. Sorry I couldn't do the whole ride, but I had family obligations in W.Va. Sunday afternoon. I got a good ride down 555 on the way there, however, so I'm not complaining.

If anyone wants a high-res version of one of these shots, let me know. You can PM me here or go to my website (in my signature below) and use the contact form or e-mail me at lance at theridesofar dot com.

Staging in the Mid-Ohio parking lot, which would otherwise go to waste on a Sunday morning.

ORleafride1.jpg

Going over the route sheet.

ORleafride2.jpg

The ride leader's ride, ready to lead.

ORleafride3.jpg

The Keybd is back . Work was fun as a lot of people coming up and talking about the ride. Guys saying their wives were mad....the wives that didn' t go on the ride mad because they didn' t go on the ride!

One of the something or other Glyd ... Electra or Dyna or something Glyd said he may have to get a sportbike as it looked like a lot of fun carving those corners. One guy kept bugging me for details and wants to see pics...he doesn' t have a bike, nor a license. Looks like that will be changing...as we talked MSF course....what's that? he asked. So he googles MSF training sites and dates

..a Newb yet to be. Several are asking when can we go again? Anytime...just sing out.

So we're talking Sunday to do something.

Speaking of Sunday...think i've figured out the radio ad. Fall Tour leaving from same dealership this Sunday...running south using Licking Co. $15 entry for some fundraising thing.

Back to pics....okay so the aspiring Newb asked about the helmet cam...huh? So who had the helmet cam? Any chance of a copy being made and getting to me? Lemme know on that.

Motoclista has pics available, I see in his post .... wrote a book too. Guess it's time to ad another book to the collection.

They may be mad at work...one supervisor held up his regular mtg. since several of us were talking about the ride. I apologized and he started the mtg about work. I wonder if the random job audit I got put thru was really random....big smiles...

Life is grand!

Must be reading my mine about this Sunday..they say it's suppose to be nice. Anyway I went to Mohican today, found a awesome lookout point that I've never seen before, even better than the Gorge lookout. Need more time on this one for pictures and telling war stories though (getting to know others), just my opinion. Maybe no agenda, just checking out the sites as time would have it??? Then there's that Hen Peck Rd. that leads to .........

Martinsburg 11am. Thurs will be the deciding day...weather. Thinking of covered bridge, waterfall and we can check out your overlook. Picture taking with stop and viewing. Millwood for food? They raised their prices. It 's $7.95 for the meals now.

Talk to you later.

Martinsburg 11am?? Not sure what that means. Off the top of my head..waterfall in Millwood, down to Tiger Run Rd., to Danville (in case for gas). Mohican to Gorge, Covered Bridge, the other scenic outlook, down to Perrysville, back to Loudonville, McD's is fine with me. On the way to Mohican, go past the Elk ranch, they might be out in the pasture to where we can see them. After eating in Loudonville, head to Nashville and then to Danville the back way for ice cream at the BP. Look at the time and go from there??

Okay..mike mtg at martinsburg at 11am. 2 from coshocton and tony from newark/zanesville. Just a few of us...wives along and planning picture stops. Like at water fall.

I see they are still messing around with paving on 36.

SHOUT OUT. Who had the go-pro camera on Fall Outing....I would like to put a DVD together besides the few pics I took. So looking to get copy of footage please....and....thank you.

Motociclista...I will have to find a real computer to get your site to open up...no pics...not even here on bd. But then I was barriered for some reason even getting on here. Could not sign on...well I could but then it was just continue to tell me may not post.

No pics come up for me on the DROID.