2003 Honda 600RR track bike - $2500

redkow97

UPDATED DESCRIPTIONS TO REFLECT WHAT'S BEEN FIXED. The $2500 price in the title was posted before I started buying parts, so that will go up as more things are replaced.

Will also consider Cash + firearm(s) as long as you're bringing $2k cash to the table. Specifically, I am interested in shotguns, carry revolvers, and possibly .22lr handguns.

We can talk about pricing, and what's reasonable. In fully track-ready condition, this bike is worth a solid $3100, but I understand that there's some expense and time left to fix it.

Many of you have seen my bike at trackdays, or at least in pictures. I've had it up for sale a couple of times for $3500, which I think is pretty fair in good condition (previously, it hadn't been on the ground since it was lowsided as a street bike)

The good:

- engine is SOLID. It's a honda. around 11k miles, and never even hiccuped for me.

- full Arata titanium exhaust, which sells for $850.

- CRG levers

- Penske shock

- Scotts damper

- 43, 45, and probably a couple other rear sprockets.

- woodcraft rearsets

- vortex(?) clip-ons

- vortex triple clamp (not installed, but easy swap)

The bad:

- upper fairing is currently broken, but it really should be an easy fix w/ some fiberglass repair.

- the throttle cables are currently snapped - new ones are on my kitchen table

- that Arata exhaust is slightly broken right now. At worst, it needs a new can. at best, the current one needs some new rivets. - FIXED

- needs a fairing stay (have that ordered though) - FIXED

- brakes work, but the bracket portion of the MC is broken.

- will need a new set of rubber before it can be ridden.

- Salvage WI title. Not in my name, but you can be 100% sure it's not stolen. I have the physical copy of the title.

- needs woodcraft or stock rear brake lever.

- gauges MAY need replaced (if you care about gauges)

THE BIKE DOES START AND RUN, i just can't rev it w/o throttle cables :)

This bike took me to "Advanced" with NESBA, and I've done all my races on it. It has performed pretty much flawlessly, and in return, I tossed it down the track. All it's done is ask for more.

$2900 (negotiable - honestly, this thing is changing on a weekly basis, so PM me if you want to stop by and see it, or want current pics)

Bike is in Parma.

Can meet or deliver in OH. Pit-bull TRS can be 'packaged' into the bike cost for $100

Edited by redkow97

If the bike goes w/o the TRS, i'll probably part with it. Not for $100, but for a good price.

Anyone know how much the pins are if you buy directly from pit-bull? i want to say $80, but it might be less.

Pretty sure it is $80, you can check their site.

• 4 weeks later...

bumping it up - just bid on the rear brake lever, and front master cylinder (which works, but the bracket is broken), and new throttle cables.

Once I get the bike in rideable condition, I will start messing with the bodywork, and probably rattle-can it white (unless I decide to keep it...)

For ORDN members, I'm willing to do some math on what it's really worth without the repairs done. In the spring, I'll post it elsewhere for more.

Right now I've got throttle cables purchased, and I'm going back and forth on the "or best offer" eBay auction for the rear brake lever. Some jerk wants $10 to ship it... I'll give him $15-18 shipped, but I'm not an idiot...

Anyway, if someone doesn't mind doing the labor themselves, I'll add up what the parts costs are coming out to, and subtract that from the asking price.

If it sweetens the deal for anyone, I'll throw in a NEW (un-used, never mounted) set of Q2's for $100, and have Pauly mount them, and then reinstall them myself for another $50.

As far as paint goes, I will rattle-can the bike the solid color of anyone's choice for a $200 deposit. I HAVE NO INTENTION OF CHARGING SOMEONE FOR A RATTLE-CAN PAINT JOB, BUT IT'S A LOT OF WORK FOR ME TO DO, AND THEN HAVE THE BUYER PULL OUT. THUS THE $200 DEPOSIT, WHICH WOULD COUNT TOWARD THE PURCHASE PRICE.

I'm trying to hold out for a bike I could street to but you're making this difficult as more things get fixed lol. Hmmm I'm sure it wont last around til end of winter but if I came up empty handed and track days started up i'd get this in a heartbeat

honestly, you wouldn't want to street this.

between the penske being firmer, the superbike seat being harder, and the vortex clip-ons being lower, it's not comfortable for street use. The rearsets are also higher and further back than stock.

It's definitely purpose-built.

The fork springs are stiffer too. Stock internals, but dialed in for ~175 lbs. rider. The previous owner was more like 210, so I have the preload backed out almost all the way though. It could easily accommodate someone up to 230 or more...

It's been a great track bike. I had planned on keeping it until I got my expert race license. But working for $11/hour, and cutting my hours in half just isn't conducive to track riding...

Throttle cables arrived yesterday, and will go on this weekend if I'm lucky.

I also found my Vortex triple-tree that I had for sale. That's another trick-part that is really easy to install, and costs a solid $90 used...

I only removed it because it technically disqualifies my bike from WERA superstock classes. In retrospect, no one would ever have noticed or cared, unless I was winning the championship.

As far as I know, MotoSeries has no such restriction, and this would be 100% legal.

I really like this bike.. if its still around come January Ill come take a hard look at it with cash in hand!

Good luck with the sale!

One thing I can contribute is that Chris is absolutely spot on and very good about the maintence and upkeep of his scoots!

The idea is to get out of racing to stay out of debt.

the gears are turning inside my head to find a cheap V7 legal bike, or even possibly racing an EX500 next summer, but that might not be possible.

I'll definitely be racing again in a couple of years, but I took a 50% pay cut last month, and I'll cut my hours by half at the end of the year. Then full-time at school until December of 2012, instead of June of 2013.

there's nowhere near enough damage to rationalize parting it out.

I'd spend months disassembling and shipping. Much easier just to fix it up and sell it in the spring as a complete bike.

if you want to trade me your bike plus some cash, or we can talk about trading some of my aftermarket parts for your stock equivalents plus cash, I'd listen.

But at no time do I want to have any less of a complete bike in my garage than I already have.