9/18 Ride to SEO

Tpoppa

This is a make up of a 9/11 CORE ride that was called due to crappy weather. I thought I would post here also. So far there are 3 or 4 attending.

For a south route 83>78>377>550>Marrietta.

North Marietta>26>260>7>800>78>556>145>800.

This is a fun twisty route, and the roads are all in pretty good shape.

For the Cleveland area people, this is 450ish miles. Less if you're further south.

Meeting spot:

Millersburg Speedway on 83 @ 9, wheels rolling by 9:15. The first gas stop will be in McConnelsville 10:30-10:45ish if you want to meet further south.

Disclaimer: Wear gear, ride within your limits, no one left behind, be on time, etc, etc. No planned meals = snacks at gas stops.

***Edit: more disclaimers

Passing each other: Only to adjust the riding order and not in corners.

Passing cars: If the rider in front of you makes a pass, that doesn't mean that you need to stay right behind him. Pass when YOU have an opening.

General dumbfuckery: keep it to a minimum.

Edited by Tpoppa

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man.... tried mappin' this out.... this one is a haul..... we'll see whats up....

I did this route solo a few weeks ago and was home by 4. On solo rides I tend to only stop when the fuel light comes on, and then just long enough to fuel up. With a group we should be back to NEO 5:30ish.

71 and sunny start canceling

IMO, that's just about perfect.

Who will be riding in the "public roadway safety awareness group", maybe I can tag along with them on this ride?:)

Your pace can be mild to wild as long as it's within your limits.

I tend to carry a nice sporting pace through the corners, but rarely get above 75-80 on the straights. So, if the group gets spread out it's pretty easy to catch up on the straights. Also, we'll stop at intersections to count bikes.

awesome mararthon route, can i join around lodi? about what time will you pass through there? i never been on a ride this long, but feel like doing one, since at the end of most small 3 hour ride, it feels like wanting more.

I'll be passing through Lodi about 8:10-8:15, but we are meeting further South on 83 in Millersburg. Anything north of M'burg is mostly a straight boring parade ride anyway :)

awesome mararthon route, can i join around lodi? about what time will you pass through there? i never been on a ride this long, but feel like doing one, since at the end of most small 3 hour ride, it feels like wanting more.

let's plan for it

Your pace can be mild to wild as long as it's within your limits.

I tend to carry a nice sporting pace through the corners, but rarely get above 75-80 on the straights. So, if the group gets spread out it's pretty easy to catch up on the straights. Also, we'll stop at intersections to count bikes.

I was just joking around, I am very familiar with this route, roads, and style of ride this is...If I was uncomfortable at all with my surroundings, I would go do my own thing, not the first time, of course I would let someone know prior to leaving the group.

If I don't get to join, have a fun & safe ride!

I was just joking around, I am very familiar with this route, roads, and style of ride this is...If I was uncomfortable at all with my surroundings, I would go do my own thing, not the first time, of course I would let someone know prior to leaving the group.

If I don't get to join, have a fun & safe ride!

You should definitely come and bring the N1K.

I've been eyeing it for awhile now, and having one ride circles around me would probably push me over the edge :D