9/18 Ride to SEO

Tpoppa

yep he is always helpful, he is a grand master sweeper :D

Get well soon UP, i know ur not planning to make it for the ride next sunday, hopefully u can make it. About health, i can help if u have any doubt, advice i can do, but cant call in prescriptions with the new regulations and e prescriptions :( .

the doctor is in the house!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was expecting to get some good advice from Uncle Punk, you followed me for a bit, I was all ears.

I was going to ask, but never really had the chance to,

when you were talking to Mike, I was eavesdropping as best I could.

Get things taken care of, get well, it was great meeting you!

Link, I apologize for not giving you any advice but you seemed really comfortable and weren't doing anything wrong along with that it didn't appear you wanted to pick up your pace. You ride monster miles and do them safely, why fuck with a winning combination. You could go faster just the way you were riding without a problem because you are smooth, pick good lines and let the bike work for you. I would be glad to help if you had any specific things that were bothering you but you really looked good when I was following you, comfortable and relaxed. I love your bike.

Mike appeared to want to ride faster and he was working against himself trying to do it. He will get there but just needs to work on a few things.

Ninjadoc I will not be making your ride because I need to have my fork seals replaced and won't have them done by then. I appreciate the offer to help and I know your limitations. (My brother is a Physician’s assistant.)

44444 - Is this you they are talking about?

http://www.triumphrat.net/speed-triple-forum/186736-s3-crashed-today-not-me-though.html

Heal up quick man! Shame about Speedy...

Yes, I posted this on there, I hope you are not mad about that, no names or anything shared, I apologize if offended...Probably should not have done that I guess, again sorry!

I meant nothing malicious nor was I poking fun by any means, I was just surprised by the damage, that is all...

Discussing the bike not the incident, well someone did ask about the rider, and I posted what you posted on here, and I got that wrong when I answered, should have reread before I answered the question.

Link, I apologize for not giving you any advice but you seemed really comfortable and weren't doing anything wrong along with that it didn't appear you wanted to pick up your pace. You ride monster miles and do them safely, why fuck with a winning combination. You could go faster just the way you were riding without a problem because you are smooth, pick good lines and let the bike work for you. I would be glad to help if you had any specific things that were bothering you but you really looked good when I was following you, comfortable and relaxed. I love your bike.

Mike appeared to want to ride faster and he was working against himself trying to do it. He will get there but just needs to work on a few things.

Ninjadoc I will not be making your ride because I need to have my fork seals replaced and won't have them done by then. I appreciate the offer to help and I know your limitations. (My brother is a Physician’s assistant.)

Maybe next time I could get some advice from you, UP. I'm humbled and ready to learn a little.

Yes, I posted this on there, I hope you are not mad about that, no names or anything shared, I apologize if offended...Probably should not have done that I guess, again sorry!

I meant nothing malicious nor was I poking fun by any means, I was just surprised by the damage, that is all...

Discussing the bike not the incident, well someone did ask about the rider, and I posted what you posted on here, and I got that wrong when I answered, should have reread before I answered the question.

I was pissed at first, until I re-read what you were saying. I see it's about the bike, and I don't take it personally. Thanks for the clarification.

People give me shit about my lack of braking, near to none, I was expecting to hear that from you, they say it is hard to follow me at times.

I would like to ride the turns a bit more brisk, but after my crash on the street, some time ago, I am not as confident on the roads,with the debris, stones and such.

Thank you!

You won't hear anything from me about a lack of braking. The street isn't the place to run up hard on corners and brake when you see God. If you noticed I bet you didn't see much braking going on by the riders in front of you in the group. You really rode fine and if you wanted to go faster it didn't show like it usually does when people push themselves into mistakes. I don't recall seeing you do anything wrong at all. Adding more advanced riding techniques is about making you safer so you have more room to adjust for the unexpected things that come up in street riding. Going faster is a byproduct of using better techniques but not their sole purpose, safe enjoyable riding is the purpose. You appeared to be having a safe enjoyable ride. Yes there are things you could work on just like all of us but I didn't catch that you wanted or needed help just from following you. Don't be shy and ask when you have the opportunity, everyone I know when on a group ride is willing to help. We all have benefited from someone else’s knowledge and it's nice to be able to pass it along to people who can use it.

Thanks uncle punk. I dunno. I've just gotten a little more conservative. seen too many people go down this year. workin on gettin through the mental game.....

Don't be shy and ask when you have the opportunity, everyone I know when on a group ride is willing to help. We all have benefited from someone else’s knowledge and it's nice to be able to pass it along to people who can use it.

This.

I generally won't offer advice to anyone unless they seem to be a danger to themself or others. But, when asked, I'm happy to talk lines, body position, technique, mindset, etc.

Dave, the guy on the other Buell, has more miles under his belt and knows more about riding than just about anyone. Asking him a few pointed questions would help anyone become a better rider.

When I started doing group rides with CORE years ago, I rode with some stellar street riders. Following them and asking questions has helped me immensely over the years.

Tony is correct and Dave was my first track coach. This was Tony's ride so he didn't have the chance to see anyone else ride to offer help because he was leading. I was just playing around out back looking to see if anyone needed help. Mike53ali looked like he could use some help to make things easier for him by letting the bike do some of the work for him along with making him safer. I followed link for a while and it didn't appear he needed help so I got behind Rob and lead him for a while. The three guys up front didn't need any help from me because they were really moving out. Not that Rob wasn’t but he just didn’t seem relaxed doing it.

I was instructed...no..ordered ..... To never do another track day. And yeah...the Busa ordeal was good for some lulz...but I have to hand it to the guy...he rode it like he stole it. I let him pass me so he could go play with Jinx. Fill in the blanks there. I had to pass him in a corner ( which is something I never do) because he was in over his head or I was trying to keep that ZX10 from hell in front of me. Maybe both.

Tony is correct and Dave was my first track coach. This was Tony's ride so he didn't have the chance to see anyone else ride to offer help because he was leading. I was just playing around out back looking to see if anyone needed help. Mike53ali looked like he could use some help to make things easier for him by letting the bike do some of the work for him along with making him safer. I followed link for a while and it didn't appear he needed help so I got behind Rob and lead him for a while. The three guys up front didn't need any help from me because they were really moving out. Not that Rob wasn’t but he just didn’t seem relaxed doing it.

I wasnt but after talking to you I really made a point to get off that bike and felt great the last couple hours and it made a huge difference. I did those track days on a different bike plus not having been on mine for over a month it took a while but I really felt great by the end of the day thanks again