$25,000 custom motorcycle stolen from garage in Newark

Casper

well.... I would guess thats what he has invested. in the chopper craze a while back it would get that much out of it, but now with our suck ass economy and the chopper craze is all fizzled out he would be luck to get 10 to 15k. I have a good friend with a awesome iron horse chop and its only worth around 18k

So, tell us, all of you critics, just why is this bike not valued at the amount mentioned?

I read the article from the link and can in no way find any info that would give a value either way.

Based on just what I read here, I guess I can see why someone would question you all.

Edited by ohiomike

So much for brotherhood on this site

hey negative nancy, why don't you read more and type less before making ridiculously moronic statements :rolleyes:

I had over $25k invested in my "custom" G35 coupe. Just because thats what I put into it doesn't mean thats what its worth as I only got 15k out of it when I sold it. My "custom" VFR probably has 8k thrown at it and I'd be lucky to maybe get $5500. My point is that you think everyone is hating because its not a sport bike and you couldn't be more wrong. Go find the custom Ducati in Cinci thread or the plethora of Busa threads. For the love of pete just freakin educate yourself

Edited by Bad324

So, tell us, all of you critics, just why is this bike not valued at the amount mentioned?

I read the article from the link and can in no way find any info that would give a value either way.

Based on just what I read here, I guess I can see why someone would question you all.

Well you're a HD guy obviously ...you saying you'd give 25 for it? If so ill get on CL and buy one just like it for 7ish and sell it to you for a special one day sale price of 24

Well you're a HD guy obviously ...you saying you'd give 25 for it? If so ill get on CL and buy one just like it for 7ish and sell it to you for a special one day sale price of 24

So you can assign a value to a picture of a bike, huh? No details, just from a picture.

:bow:

Me?, I need details. So in answer to your question, I just don't know.

If the owner still had it, could he sell it for $25,000 ?

Probably not. He *might* be able to get $10, maybe $15 large for it, but nowhere near $25 (I'm guessing, but would guess I'm pretty close).

That's not what the story is saying - it's saying the bike is "valued" at $25,000, which is (probably) what dude has it insured for, and what it would cost to replace the bike.

An orange chopper is personally not my cup of tea, but my bikes may not hold much interest for "chopper guy" either.

That, in my book, is cool. "To each their own".

I may not care for your bike, but bottom line, I respect that you get out on two wheels.

Now, if you'd get rid of the blasted straight pipes - it's just too damn loud...! :D

You know, this whole "Harley vs. sportbike" thing is stupid.

The whole waving thing is stupid, too, but I'm not going there right now.

Some guys like stretched 'Busa's, some like loud H-D's, some like bikes that'll carve twisties all day.

I like a bike that will do a little of everything fairly competently - If I want to open it up in a straight line it will bring a grin to my face. If I want to ride down a sweeping road, I can, and can have fun.

Will it loft the front wheel in 3rd (hell, even first without a lot of effort...)? No. Can I scrape my knee through every corner? No.

Do I smile when I ride? HELL YES. And that, for me, is what it's all about. If I didn't garner any enjoyment from riding, I wouldn't do it. Seems simple to my somewhat feeble mind.

I like my bike. I like other kinds of bikes. I like H-D's. I like choppers. I like Italian bikes.

Cripes, we ALL like bikes, or else we wouldn't be here bickering for the 800th time about the same stupid shit.

H-D guys - wave at me or don't, I don't care. I'm having fun, so I'll wave (even though I think the whole waving thing is stupid). 90+% of H-D guys wave at me. YRMV.

If some wealthy guy wants to buy an H-D, all the t-shirts, vests, etc., and ride to bike night, so what? Is he a poser? No, he DID actually ride to the bar. Just because he "gears up" with black t-shirts and assless chaps, is that any different from sportbike guy gearing up with the latest Rossi design helmet, A-Stars jacket, pants, gloves, and boots? We all put on a "costume" when we ride, even if that costume is flip-flops and a wife-beater.

Seems to me like I see a lot more groups of H-D's on the road in groups, riding around on the weekends. Look at the mileage for your "typical" used H-D, compare it to the mileage of your "typical" used "sportbike".

Bottom line - We all like bikes, for different reasons. STFU is someone else doesn't fit exactly into your ideal of what a "motorcyclist" is.

• Upvote 3

If you're trying to equate a crotch crawling riding pirate costume to proper protective gear I'm missing your point. One is a butt buddy look at me everybody is the same sheep following costume of no value and the other actually serves a protective purpose. Trying to draw a comparison between the two is ridiculous.

I ride a scooter and a sport bike and have had a cruiser in the past. The scooter does everything the cruiser does better with less expense and when I ride it I rarely wear protective gear. I have never ridden around anyone here without protective gear on a sport bike. I know the difference between the two types of riding and both are just as dangerous.

I hate the whole stupid waving thing too.

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying that "pirates" are equal to full gear; what I said was that we all put on some sort of "costume" when we ride.

I don't get the whole "sheeple, I look just like everyone else in my $40 t-shirt" either, but again, that seems to bring enjoyment to them, so who cares?

BUT, that's what *some* H-D guys (bike-night guys) do. I see A LOT more H-D guys actually out riding, usually a bunch of them. Looks to me like they're having fun, and they're racking up lots of miles.

Some people want to just get out, enjoy the open air, and cruise at a sedate pace with their friends. Some people want to go balls out. Some people (like me) want to cruise slightly above a sedate pace, open it up every now and then, go around corners (but not at 9/10th's pace). To each their own.

I personally wear gear. I think everyone should. Whether you do or don't, well, it's been nice knowing you if you don't. At some point you'll be in a situation where you need it.

• Upvote 1

JBLOSSER - good luck! If you aren't a hater of the HD's or cruisers, well, the kids on here seem to come out & will try to put you down for being a lover of bikes! Great writing!! Loved to hear there was at least a few other people that don't care what a person rides, as long as they ride! I ride an HD & my girlfriend rides a Yamaha V-Star. Both loud!! And we both rack up the miles! Thanks for reminding everyone that we are all BIKERS! Stay safe & ride happy!