FS: 2007 Suzuki Hayabusa $6,000 OBO

Sniper_308

I’m posting this bike for a friend. Long story short, she cosigned for a friend, he wrecked the bike and got hurt. His landscaping company took a turn for the worse. He lost all of his accounts, and tried making a few payments, but didn’t have the money to do so, and defaulted on the loan. She had no other choice, but to repossess the bike from him.

The bike has some damage to both sides of the fairings, and some slight cosmetic damage. She stated to me that the bike is rideable, and tracks straight going down the road. To the best of my knowledge, the frame is still straight and in good condition. Looks like all someone would need to do is just replace the fairings out for new ones.

The bike is completely stock, and I am not sure on the condition of the tires. The bike currently has 9,773 miles on it. I apologies for the photos, they’re not that greatest, I didn’t take them. I’m planning on heading out there this week, to take some better photos of the bike. The bike is located out in Lorain, if anyone is interested in this bike. I can make arrangements so you can meet with her to view the bike, or discuss pricing.

$6,000 obo, all offers are welcome. The title is free and clear.

imagettd.jpg

imagecnu.jpg

imageuzjt.jpg

Edited by Sniper_308

If there is a note on it it should have collison coverage, no? (Any car loan I've had demands full coverage as a way of protecting the collateral. I even got a nastygram from the bank saying they were unable to verify insurance one time so they gave me 48 hours to prove insurance or they would buy it themselves and bill the loan account)

Why not let insurance fix it up and sell it fixed?

Or did she take a payout from the insurance a not fix the bike? Is the title branded now?

Edited by Scruit

If there is a note on it it should have collison coverage, no? (Any car loan I've had demands full coverage as a way of protecting the collateral. I even got a nastygram from the bank saying they were unable to verify insurance one time so they gave me 48 hours to prove insurance or they would buy it themselves and bill the loan account)

Or did she take a payout from the insurance a not fix the bike? Is the title branded now?

It was my understanding, that this was his second time wrecking the bike. And the insurance company rejected the claim.

If he financed thru suzuki then he can just have liability.

6 is a little high for a wrecked 07, IMO. And this is prolly the worse site to try to sell a Busa on, to many haters

I agree with you, Sam. That's the price she wants for it. She's just trying to get out of what she's has invested in it, and I'm just trying to help her out. Any good sites to list it on? I have it on Craigslist. I'm willing to help her fix it up, but she doesn't have the extra money to do so. This is a textbook example, why you never cosign for a friend.

I agree with you, Sam. That's the price she wants for it. She's just trying to get out of what she's has invested in it, and I'm just trying to help her out. Any good sites to list it on? I have it on Craigslist. I'm willing to help her fix it up, but she doesn't have the extra money to do so. This is a textbook example, why you never cosign for a friend.

I can understand where she's coming from but she may have to take a hit on it. You could try the Busa forums but they have rules same as here, gotta be a member for so long before being able to sell. Good luck to her, I will never be in that situation. She prolly wont be again after this

I can understand where she's coming from but she may have to take a hit on it. You could try the Busa forums but they have rules same as here, gotta be a member for so long before being able to sell. Good luck to her, I will never be in that situation. She prolly wont be again after this

I'm sure she's learned her lesson. Thanks for your help and input.

Before you cosign for someone, think about this...

The banks spend millions of dollars a year on becoming experts in figuring out who is going to be able to pay them back and who won't. In fact they often err on the side of lending when they shouldn't. With this in mind, if the bank thinks your friend won't pay them back then what makes you think thwart you know better?

Good luck to your friend. We all make mistakes and sometimes the lessons are expensive. Here's hoping that she gets out of this as best as she can. Truly.

Before you cosign for someone, think about this...

The banks spend millions of dollars a year on becoming experts in figuring out who is going to be able to pay them back and who won't. In fact they often err on the side of lending when they shouldn't. With this in mind, if the bank thinks your friend won't pay them back then what makes you think thwart you know better?

Good luck to your friend. We all make mistakes and sometimes the lessons are expensive. Here's hoping that she gets out of this as best as she can. Truly.

Thanks buddy, we all make mistakes in life, that's human nature. The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing from. My friend is a good person, and I hope she can do well on the sale of her motorcycle. She is working on getting some money together, so I can replace the plastic out on the bike.

If the title is free and clear then she prolly has it im assuming and in that case there may not be any insurance on it

Yes, the bike has insurance on it. The guy she cosigned for, wrecked the bike multiple times, and his claim was rejected. Sounds to me, this guy had no business owing a motorcycle, especially a Hayabusa.

Here is a list of what the bike needs, it doesn't look bad at all. I got to see the bike today.

1. Both left & right side fairings, and upper fairing located around the front headlight housing.

2. One clutch lever

3. Needs a new front tire, rear has another season left on it

4. Needs rear brakes

5. few scratches on the left turn signal "But, not that bad"

6. Needs one handlebar, bar end

The bike still has a loan on it through the bank. Once an agreement is set on the price, bike will be paid off, then the title will be received.

$5,200 OBO.

Here is a list of what the bike needs, it doesn't look bad at all. I got to see the bike today.

1. Both left & right side fairings, and upper fairing located around the front headlight housing.

2. One clutch lever

3. Needs a new front tire, rear has another season left on it

4. Needs rear brakes

5. few scratches on the left turn signal "But, not that bad"

6. Needs one handlebar, bar end

The bike still has a loan on it through the bank. Once an agreement is set on the price, bike will be paid off, then the title will be received.

$5,200 OBO.

The following is coming from a Busa owner, not someone buying for the first time - Damage is pretty minimal. Depending on how well you shop around and how patient you are, you could have it fixed for less than 500. Good luck to her

Not with OE parts... side cowls alone are $500+ each, then the front fairing is around $340. So that's just cosmetic parts.

But, if you want an $800 fiberglass body kit (that's for the entire bike too), then the rest of the bike can probably be fixed with aftermarket parts for under $300. The 'needs rear brakes' means different things. Just pads? Or the entire caliper assembly?

Bar end - $15

Lever set - $25

So the rest is in the rear brake and new tire...

Not with OE parts... side cowls alone are $500+ each, then the front fairing is around $340. So that's just cosmetic parts.

But, if you want an $800 fiberglass body kit (that's for the entire bike too), then the rest of the bike can probably be fixed with aftermarket parts for under $300. The 'needs rear brakes' means different things. Just pads? Or the entire caliper assembly?

Bar end - $15

Lever set - $25

So the rest is in the rear brake and new tire...

:crackpipe: What the fuck are you smoking Justin? I've replaced ALL the fairings, cowlings and fuel tank for less than 800 with OEM.