Places at where I won't be eating any longer

C-bus

Dubguy the issue is your mandating (like minded people then legislate them) your beliefs on others. That's why people feel so strongly. No different then the "I don't need an scary gun (assault weapon), so you don't need one either.

Curious, how do you feel about smoking in bars and eating establishments?

Smoking indoors is just nasty to anyone... Id rather be in a bar full of ccw holders than smokers :p

• Upvote 1

I don't think the business owners should have a right to post no guns once they open their property as a business that's open to the public I think they should lose the option of posting.... but that's just my belief and I don't see that ever happening.

On another note.... I work in Pennsylvania and there used to be a lot of no guns signs up in PA several years ago now you rarely see them I can not remember the last time I saw a sign in PA and restaurant/bar carry has been legal in PA all along.

No idea.. Thats what I'm asking..

Yes, Id feel threatened, and give them what they wanted.. Odds are shooting you isn't their priority.. Taking your stuff is..

But when you pull a gun shooting you might be a priority..

Thats a serious question.. I bet its a toss up.

This is where taking the class and being prepared come into play. If you feel threatened for your life, and you pull the gun there should be no hesitation. If you hesitate you may well be dead. You are taught, if you pull the gun, you better be prepared to use it. Pulling a gun should never be used as a deterrent.

What would happen if they wern't going to shoot you, and then you pulled a gun and then they felt threatened and shot you?

What if we what if'd all the time?

If I pulled my gun he's getting shot repeatedly no what if about it.... If he doesn't intend to shoot someone then he shouldn't be pointing a gun at people.

If I pulled my gun he's getting shot repeatedly no what if about it.... If he doesn't intend to shoot someone then he shouldn't be pointing a gun at people.

would that be ok with the law then? This is a serious question so please answer seriously..

If you have a CCW and anyone points a gun at you, you are going to draw the gun out and shoot repeatedly and kill him?

What would the courts say about that? Seriously question.. Just asking. Don't get all defensive.

No idea.. Thats what I'm asking..

Yes, Id feel threatened, and give them what they wanted.. Odds are shooting you isn't their priority.. Taking your stuff is..

But when you pull a gun shooting you might be a priority..

Thats a serious question.. I bet its a toss up.

If they weren't willing to shoot you, chance are good they wouldn't have a gun in the first place. It all depends in the circumstances. If i had a gun pulled directly in in front of me, say at about 3 feet, disarming him would probably be my best option. I probably cannot get my gun out, aim and fire before he can squeezes one off. At a greater distance, I may be able to duck and slide over while drawing, find cover and engage the threat.

I may be the one who happens to witness someone getting a gun drawn on them, I know the exact circumstances not assuming the guy with the gun is the bad guy, and be able to engage the threat without him knowing.

I don't carry just to protect my life, my daughter's life or my wife's life. I carry to protect those who cannot protect themselves as well.

What would happen if they wern't going to shoot you, and then you pulled a gun and then they felt threatened and shot you?

What if we what if'd all the time?[/

Ok, you stated in your scenario, they pulled a gun and ask for your wallet. Its a good chance they could kill you, a dead man tells no tales. With my training, and police background. It's easy to pick up on clues, by watching people, and reading their body language. I hope, I am never in a situation where I need to take a life. But, it's him before me. You do whatever you need to do, but I'm protecting myself as any cost.

would that be ok with the law then? This is a serious question so please answer seriously..

If you have a CCW and anyone points a gun at you, you are going to draw the gun out and shoot repeatedly and kill him?

What would the courts say about that? Seriously question.. Just asking. Don't get all defensive.

INAL, but because you felt your life was threatened, who wouldn't be staring down a barrel, then you are justified in engaging and neutralizing the threat.

You do not shoot to kill, you shoot to neutralize the threat and if he dies, then that's how it goes.

I do however think its hilarious when they stomp their feet and make a post saying they aren't going to a certain dinner spot because they can't carry their gun...

My not eating at Bucca di Beppo has nothing to do with guns, but it is another 'matter of principle' that they won't even take their own coupons.

This is a CCW thread? :D

Yes if someone walked up to me and pointed a gun at me or my family or you for that matter when we were minding our own business just eating in some restaurant I would be justified in shooting and stopping him. Yes I would be questioned by the police but it would be a clean shoot.

Edited by conn-e-rot
to correct wording

Andy let get personal. You and me have met and talked quite a few times. I can honestly say of all the times you and me have shook hands one time I was not carrying a firearm. That was a Buffalo wings and rings. On of he first times you and me met was at the infamous picture run where some asshole started kicking bikes over. You me and Eberz were less than five feet from the guy while it was happening. I remember that becaude Eberz just got off your duc and we were talking about it and when it happened the bike that dropped missed your front tire by about an inch. I think its safe to say we all felt a little threatened while that guy went on his rant. Since you lumped everyone wih a handgun license into the ignorant hillbilly looking to just shoot someone pot.... don't you think I would have plugged that guy? I'm almost offended that you would have the opinion that us permit holders are looking for a fight. If he (I know what if right?) would have pulled a gun I'm betting you would have been happy you were standing next to a hillbilly that day.

• Upvote 1

Andy let get personal. You and me have met and talked quite a few times. I can honestly say of all the times you and me have shook hands one time I was not carrying a firearm. That was a Buffalo wings and rings. On of he first times you and me met was at the infamous picture run where some asshole started kicking bikes over. You me and Eberz were less than five feet from the guy while it was happening. I remember that becaude Eberz just got off your duc and we were talking about it and when it happened the bike that dropped missed your front tire by about an inch. I think its safe to say we all felt a little threatened while that guy went on his rant. Since you lumped everyone wih a handgun license into the ignorant hillbilly looking to just shoot someone pot.... don't you think I would have plugged that guy? I'm almost offended that you would have the opinion that us permit holders are looking for a fight. If he (I know what if right?) would have pulled a gun I'm betting you would have been happy you were standing next to a hillbilly that day.

You carry a gun when we are together?? That's scary....

Oh wait, I was too. :)

CHL only grants you the permission to CCW legally. No permission to shoot anyone or kill anyone. One can only use it to "stop" someone from harming ones' self or another innocent.

Draw your weapon and fire/shoot someone and you'll most likely be going to jail and defending yourself in court (not with a gun, though). It's a reality that one must understand and accept if going to CCW.

The first two vehicles likely at the scene of any violent crime are an ambulance and an police cruiser...Choosing to defend yourself at least gives you some input as to which one you may be leaving in.

Pm sent... Because this is public, but I didn't lump EVERYONE into that category.. Some of my best friends are CCW holders and my father in law is..

Not afraid, it's the principle of it. Same as the race thing.

This i dont get. I know im not white and may not get this, but im from texas so i feel like i do know something about the right to bear arms.

But this in no way is the same as "the race thing." Not allowing minorities to eat, pee or drink in your establishment based on your creator-given traits is no the same as you choosing not to enter an establishment because you cant CCW. No one is forbidding you to eat...you just cant carry a gun into this est. Its not like you popped out of your mom's uterus strapped to a 38 special...as painful and cool that sounds.

My grandfather refused to go into White-only restaurants. I guess we make a stand for our principles when we can.

But this in no way is the same as "the race thing." Not allowing minorities to eat, pee or drink in your establishment based on your creator-given traits is no the same as you choosing not to enter an establishment because you cant CCW.

Reading comprehension.

That's fine. I'm not out to get you but I wanted to give you an example i knew you have been in and showing you know quickly it could have gone to a shooting incident. You know as well as I do that guy had a serious anger issue lol.

You never know. I wish it was sunshine and Popsicles all the time but in today's times its bertter to be safe than sorry.

That's fine. I'm not out to get you but I wanted to give you an example i knew you have been in and showing you know quickly it could have gone to a shooting incident. You know as well as I do that guy had a serious anger issue lol.

You never know. I wish it was sunshine and Popsicles all the time but in today's times its bertter to be safe than sorry.

Oh man that sounds nice right now.. Especially push pops!!! I love push pops!

Reading comprehension.
Thanks for not answering a damn thing.

Invalid question...Not about race, so the analogy stands.

My grandfather refused to go into White-only restaurants. I guess we make a stand for our principles when we can.

But this in no way is the same as "the race thing." Not allowing minorities to eat, pee or drink in your establishment based on your creator-given traits is no the same as you choosing not to enter an establishment because you cant CCW.

not frequenting an establishment due to policy = not frequenting an establishment due to policy

Bottom line, criminals will always get weapons, even if they have to smuggle them in. They will never care about the law or you. By taking away our abilities to carry and defend ourselves, you are allowing criminals to not only hurt or possibly kill you, but you are allowing them also to commit more crimes ad they will not be scared of anyone, except the police.

This i dont get. I know im not white and may not get this, but im from texas so i feel like i do know something about the right to bear arms.

But this in no way is the same as "the race thing." Not allowing minorities to eat, pee or drink in your establishment based on your creator-given traits is no the same as you choosing not to enter an establishment because you cant CCW. No one is forbidding you to eat...you just cant carry a gun into this est. Its not like you popped out of your mom's uterus strapped to a 38 special...as painful and cool that sounds.

How 'bout "no Jews allowed" then?

That make the analogy work for you?

You surely got the intent of the analogy - that some people are standing behind their principles and not frequenting places that do not allow entry to a subset of the population.