Places at where I won't be eating any longer

C-bus

Go back to work danget!

I hit a button, wait for the P2V process to work. I've got 5 going as we speak.

So, downtime between start/finish. It's either ORdN or solitaire... :D

BTW, in "hillbilly it's "dag-nub-it", not 'danget"... Git with the program, city-slicker.

This is where taking the class and being prepared come into play. If you feel threatened for your life, and you pull the gun there should be no hesitation. If you hesitate you may well be dead. You are taught, if you pull the gun, you better be prepared to use it. Pulling a gun should never be used as a deterrent.

I find that to be total horseshit!!!! If I ever felt the need to pull my gun, it is either going to be "to kill" or to deter......plain and simple.

I find that to be total horseshit!!!! If I ever felt the need to pull my gun, it is either going to be "to kill" or to deter......plain and simple.

I meant that as, don't pull your gun with no intent to use it, obviously if you draw and the other guy retreats, fine. But don't think by just drawing it, you are going to diffuse the situation, that's just asking to be shot/killed.

There are too many scenarios to cover, ie if your being threatened with a knife, or blunt object and present a gun, I'd say it would most likely diffuse the situation, however if someone already has a gun pointed at you and you draw, hesitation in waiting to see if the other guy retreats simply because you pulled a gun may get you shot....

So I guess I shouldn't have used never.......

I'm sure what he means as that if you pull a gun on someone, you had better be prepared and justified to use it.

Edit: Meanie beat me to it.

• Upvote 1

Andy' date=' I'm less worried about being accosted in a restaurant, and more concerned with the walk there and back. Carrying my weapon in a liquor joint isn't high on my priority list, however, knowing my 4'10", 115lb wife can carry her weapon to/from her car at lunch makes me a little more settled.

Interesting... I hadn't been to my local pool hall in years. I wasn't sure how long it had been, until I walked in the joint and noticed something was different. My friend and I grabbed a table and began our game. About 10-15 minutes later I realized that nobody was smoking. I looked around and also realized all the smoke eaters were removed from the walls. I also noticed that the place was packed with a bunch of khaki pant, polo shirt, squared-front dress shoes wearing white people. Not the good kind of white people, but the snooty, Audi driving, black square-rim glasses, handbag carrying kind of white people. The kind of white people that made me buy a house in a small, working-class black neighborhood.

I looked at my friend and said, "Will you look at these fucking people? Why are they here? None of these twat bags ever came here when this place was filled with wall-to-wall cigarette smoke. I don't even want to finish this game."

So, we left. I would like to thank everyone of you out there that voted for the smoking ban. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite atmospheres. The pool hall will never be the same. :nono:[/quote']

:lol:

...pool hall story...

+ rep

:bow:

btw, I drive an Audi on occasion, am white, but don't wear glasses, sure as hell don't carry a handbag, my boots have round steel toes, I'll play you for $20, and if it wouldn't get my very extremely super pretty bartender in trouble I'd fire up a smoke right at the table...

+ rep

:bow:

btw, I drive an Audi on occasion, am white, but don't wear glasses, sure as hell don't carry a handbag, my boots have round steel toes, I'll play you for $20, and if it wouldn't get my very extremely super pretty bartender in trouble I'd fire up a smoke right at the table...

I knew I shouldn't have gotten those square rimmed glasses.. Dammit!

I'm sure what he means as that if you pull a gun on someone, you had better be prepared and justified to use it.

Edit: Meanie beat me to it.

Exactly.......and If I ever pull my gun one somebody, I will be "prepared" to use it. Showing/pulling your gun in a justified situation, has stopped many assaults or even worse situations. Just pick-up any reputable handgun mag and read some of the personal stories posted by real folks.

So your question was "have you ever needed your gun while eating dinner", well no, but have you ever needed your gun while sleeping, or sitting at home watching TV? Maybe you should take your guns back to the store since you have never "needed" them while you were at home.

Apparently in your logic, the "criminals" will see your eating dinner and decide that its dinner time and not bother with robbing you. Since when do violent crimes only occur in the ghetto? Murders, rape, gang activity, and any other violent crime can happen anywhere.

People get fired everyday from many different places. So say you and your family decide to stop for dinner but because your a real man you decide to leave your gun in the car. You're going in for dinner why would you need a gun criminals don't shoot up restaurants. So you get your food and your enjoying your meal, when the door opens and in walk some guy you never met before who got fired from the exact restaurant, your now eating in, and he's back to exact a little revenge. Or maybe the guy didn't work there at all but he found out his girlfriend, who is at your table refilling your water, has been cheating on him. You and your family are now and danger and because your a man, your gun is in the car.

Yeah that's a made up scenario, but a bet I can find similar stories throughout the US. and yeah you're probably right 99% of us will never have to deal with that situation, but there is a chance. And no having a gun does not make you invincible, but it at least levels the field.

.....actually that isn't too far fetched because something simillar happened at a restaurant near my old job about 6 years ago. Guys GF was working and dude busts in screaming about her cheating on him then he starts to knock stuff off of peoples tables then he pulled a knife out like a K-Bar and everybody in the restaurant went crazy, running out. The guy got tackled down by some people but he stabbed her a few times before they reached her, she didn't die but it was INSANE. So it is better to have a gun and not need it than to not have it at all. I should play the lottery because i've actually been in a few risky situations that would require the usage of a firearm.

I have never needed my gun while eating dinner at Applebees.

I have also never experienced a house fire, guess I'll toss that extinguisher out.

Never suffered a heart attack or other cardiovascular problems....guess I can stop working out and eating right.

This thread delivered.

• Upvote 1

I have never needed my gun while eating dinner at Applebees.

I have also never experienced a house fire, guess I'll toss that extinguisher out.

Never suffered a heart attack or other cardiovascular problems....guess I can stop working out and eating right.

This thread delivered.

Win.

It looks like another case of the media making a story out of a non-issue. I was following the NBC4 Facebook posting and some retard posted "what's next, banks?". I'm sure most of the restaurants would prefer not to be asked about their policy on TV and just let the law change.