2012 Kawasaki ZX-15

Sniper_308

Well I've got the ok to buy one from the wife just gonna wait and see what kind of power it puts down first. The rumors I've seen are 191hp at the wheel in stock form :D. Might be a blue zx14 up for sale soon. That green looks like it has a lot of flake in it.

No, the race to the fastest bike in stock form is over. Hayabusa wins.

The race to have the quickest bike, that's the one still being fought.

I think it's funny the release videos are zx14r against the Busa when the Busa is not the bike to beat anymore that's been done they need to beat the s1000rr.

Is it all just a race to make the fastest bike?

From trucks to cars to bikes, there's always been a side battle for the king on wheels in their own genre's. Just like weapons...humans love more, more, more, and more, or bigger, bigger, bigger, or fast, faster, faster, faster...

It's a disease. In this form it's people are obsessed with power, acceleration, and speed. We're only on this planet for so long, enjoy your time while here.

:werd::lol:

No, the race to the fastest bike in stock form is over. Hayabusa wins.

The race to have the quickest bike, that's the one still being fought.

TROLL! :lol:

I think it's funny the release videos are zx14r against the Busa when the Busa is not the bike to beat anymore that's been done they need to beat the s1000rr.

:werd:

Good one... These sport touring bikes will never defeat a pure sportbike, man. It is a LOT more than straight line speed ya know...

If you think a ZX14R can beat a BMW or even something like it's evil sibling the new ZX10, you're delusional...

The funny thing is that Ducati uses engine horsepower. They do not incorporate the ram air they also incorporate as well as every other sportbike on the market.

Point is simple. Weight to power is going to favor the Ducati for example IF - IF their numbers are accurate.

The 197 from Kaw is probably motor also. I wouldn't be amazed if it were actually ground power, but I cannot seem to find info to show that.

Even if the HP is to the wheel, remember the thing weighs in fairly porkly and has a wheelbase of an F350 Crew Cab...

I like these kinds of bikes and feel it showcases what can be done. However, when I look at the new Duc, the BMW, the others, I am blown away at the size of the package and the weight to power ratios...

All in all, it is what you want out of a bike. Some guys like straight line speed, some guys like the turns, and some like both. The best part is that there are different bikes for different wants.

Good one... These sport touring bikes will never defeat a pure sportbike, man. It is a LOT more than straight line speed ya know...

If you think a ZX14R can beat a BMW or even something like it's evil sibling the new ZX10, you're delusional...

I didn't say I thought that it could beat the BMW.... maybe at the strip it would but not on a track all I meant was the BMW is what they should be gunning for not the Busa because if they were going after BMW they would have to greatly improve the handling and shed some weight. Regardless I like the straight line power and I have no desire to drag a knee on the street or the track I'll get my rush a 1/4 mile at a time and at Wilmington this summer.

• Upvote 1

I didn't say I thought that it could beat the BMW.... maybe at the strip it would but not on a track all I meant was the BMW is what they should be gunning for not the Busa because if they were going after BMW they would have to greatly improve the handling and shed some weight. Regardless I like the straight line power and I have no desire to drag a knee on the street or the track I'll get my rush a 1/4 mile at a time and at Wilmington this summer.

Kawasaki already has a bike that is gunning for the BMW. They call it a ZX10... If you shed weight, shorten the wheelbase and make it handle, it is already in existence. The ZX14R is a sport touring bike that is designed to be a top speed machine. Nothing more...