2012 Kawasaki ZX-15

Sniper_308

Surely its good use of the space at the very least......maybe someday they'll build some proper tracks and a new dragstrip - Pence is looong gone, KilKare isnt bad but another local venue would be nice.

Anywhoo, back to this dream machine......ZX15? Probably a handful of design engineers got drunk at the local BW3's and there was a leak - doubtful it will happen, but we'll see.....never know. Since '06 Kaw's had the flagship hypersport ( in cc's, that is ) and really the only ( japenese ) contender with Zuki's biggin'......BUT, I think this battle will eventually inspire a war for more - so Kaw should start design on the ZX20 now!!

Dealers arent too excied over this bike. They are almost giving away ZX14s the last couple of years with zero success. The fact that the numbers will be higher, price higher and the fact that your insurance company is gonna shit an aluminum brick over this bike, doubt sales are going to be stellar.

You'll get the guys with 14s wanting to trade, but I think sticker shock is going to go into action soon here in the States. Look at the price of 600s and 1000s and where they are landing...

Just a "just cause we can" build with this bike. Cool stuff going on, but nothing really new. I am amazed that Kawasaki put a lot of effort into this. I know Suzuki is really struggling and doubt a new Busa is coming this year. I suspect they have one ready, but right now, the left engine on the Suzuki plane is shut down and the right one is on fire... They are in some deep water right now and putting out a bike that is certain not to obtain large sales volume isn't a great idea for them...

Dealers arent too excied over this bike. They are almost giving away ZX14s the last couple of years with zero success. The fact that the numbers will be higher, price higher and the fact that your insurance company is gonna shit an aluminum brick over this bike, doubt sales are going to be stellar.

You'll get the guys with 14s wanting to trade, but I think sticker shock is going to go into action soon here in the States. Look at the price of 600s and 1000s and where they are landing...

Just a "just cause we can" build with this bike. Cool stuff going on, but nothing really new. I am amazed that Kawasaki put a lot of effort into this. I know Suzuki is really struggling and doubt a new Busa is coming this year. I suspect they have one ready, but right now, the left engine on the Suzuki plane is shut down and the right one is on fire... They are in some deep water right now and putting out a bike that is certain not to obtain large sales volume isn't a great idea for them...

:eek: so you are telling me that all those cool bros I see riding around on gixxers arn't supporting their company by buying them but stealing the bikes instead. That explains why they are such bad asses and don't ride with any gear. If they can steal a bike they can cheat death :rolleyes:

From the looks of Kawi's website it's going to remain zx14r

http://ninja14r.kawasaki.com/witness/#ultimate

Some insurance will raise rates if that "R" is at the end. I don't know why they felt the need to put that there. Maybe it was because everyone complains after the 12r there was no "R"? My insurance doesn't care but most all do.

2 more days till all rumors are put to rest.

Edited by NinjaNick

Only thing I don't like is how they fucked up the side grills, should've left them alone or got rid of them, but not make them worse.

Here is my favorite link other than the official kawasaki site: http://www.bikeland.org/board/viewthread.php?TID=63965&FID=27

I think the new grill looks alright...something different, more aggressive instead of the pansy stuff going on now :D

I could seriously do without the flames tho. Unless youre into that type of thing ;)