2012 Kawasaki ZX-15

Sniper_308

Supercharged? My car has a blower on it so I'm well versed in them, and all blowers need a belt. I'm new to bikes but have never seen a bike with a belt system on it for anything. Turbo'd bikes make sense to me, but can someone explain where the blower gets the pulley driven from?

The government does regulate the top speed. I've heard about it on several shows, it was an agreement amongst the major manufacturer's to fend off pressure from Insurance Companies and the government. There was talk in Europe of regulating the "hyper" class if the speeds continued to climb.

Supercharged? My car has a blower on it so I'm well versed in them, and all blowers need a belt. I'm new to bikes but have never seen a bike with a belt system on it for anything. Turbo'd bikes make sense to me, but can someone explain where the blower gets the pulley driven from?

Here is a company that is currently making superchargers for a few bikes and is currently in the process of making one for the zx14 and Busa.

http://www.aaperf.com/products.html

Pulled this info from the jetski that uses the motor, the new ZX-15 will use.

EATON TWIN VORTICES SERIES (TVS) ROOTS-TYPE SUPERCHARGER

• Four-lobe design offers significant performance increase over standard roots-type unit

• System force-feeds the engine two liters of air with every revolution, providing a stable supply of high-pressure intake air at all rpm

• Planetary gearing increases supercharger speed by a factor of 2 for better response

• Delivers compressed air continuously, not in waves, for smoother power delivery

• Produces large amounts of boost even at low rpm for instant and powerful acceleration right off of idle

• Provides a very flat and meaty torque curve with step-free power across the entire rev range without any of the lag associated with turbochargers

• Produces more low-rpm boost than competitive or aftermarket systems, with a maximum of 17 psi of boost pressure

• Two different air bypass valves are used to prevent over boosting at low and medium rpm

imagefxwi.jpg

imagevze.jpg

You can read a little bit in Sniper's pic - in patent applications "The supercharger is located behind the cylinder block and underneath the throttle bodies, and gear-driven directly off the crankshaft."

Pulled this info from the jetski that uses the motor, the new ZX-15 will use.

EATON TWIN VORTICES SERIES (TVS) ROOTS-TYPE SUPERCHARGER

• Four-lobe design offers significant performance increase over standard roots-type unit

• System force-feeds the engine two liters of air with every revolution, providing a stable supply of high-pressure intake air at all rpm

• Planetary gearing increases supercharger speed by a factor of 2 for better response

• Delivers compressed air continuously, not in waves, for smoother power delivery

• Produces large amounts of boost even at low rpm for instant and powerful acceleration right off of idle

• Provides a very flat and meaty torque curve with step-free power across the entire rev range without any of the lag associated with turbochargers

• Produces more low-rpm boost than competitive or aftermarket systems, with a maximum of 17 psi of boost pressure

• Two different air bypass valves are used to prevent over boosting at low and medium rpm

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5271/imagefxwi.jpg

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/3574/imagevze.jpg

I had a TVS blower on my car designed specifically for my Cobalt SS by HARROP using the Eaton rotors. It's not a new product to me, what I was trying to see was how the pulley/belt system was integrated. It looks like it is added onto the crank which is the only solution I could think of. The pic cleared it up for me.

You can read a little bit in Sniper's pic - in patent applications "The supercharger is located behind the cylinder block and underneath the throttle bodies, and gear-driven directly off the crankshaft."

That was my take on the pic before I saw your post. Makes me all giddy inside seeing that. I may end up with a blown car AND bike lol

Edited by Wicked