Ruger LC9

speedytriple

If you're in Central Ohio, Blackwing's about an hour and 40 minutes closer, assuming you're speaking of The Marksman Range in Norton, OH...

Blackwing's a very nice facility, although it can be busy at times. Get there early, as in opening time (or during the OSU game) and you should be good.

I was thinking Norton Guns just south of Waldo near the state range. Got my bersa there, and my Ruger M77 MkII. My wife likes Blackwing.

She's been asking for her own carry gun, so I think we to get a pair, his & hers. One can be pink with rhinestones and tassles.

Dunno what she wants for hers.

• Upvote 2

I was thinking Norton Guns just south of Waldo near the state range. Got my bersa there, and my Ruger M77 MkII. My wife likes Blackwing.

She's been asking for her own carry gun, so I think we to get a pair, his & hers. One can be pink with rhinestones and tassles.

Dunno what she wants for hers.

:lol::lol::lol:

bump...

gotta send my extractor out on my HK to get fixed, so considering picking up a back-up gun to carry while its gone - then may eventually regift it to my mom this christmas, or keep it and eventually when/if my girl decides to start shooting ill let her use it

lc9 is very nice, handled one today...the pf9 looks so cheap and chincey...but i like the price better

the trigger pull on the lc9 seems a bit light for a DA gun (then again, im use to the 400lb DA pull on my HK)...how safe would it be carried without a safety, say in a purse? (not for me, jackasses lol)

my mom has her chl and has been looking for a gun - i know she likes revolvers for their simplicity, and she fired a j-frame great...let her shoot my 40 and every shot she jumped and couldnt even hit paper...i think the lc9 will be a nice step down, but im wondering if it would be better to just pick up a j-frame?

discuss

not set on the lc9, pf9, or j-frame...but i need to find something fairly light and fairly small...i dont picture either of them ever carrying anything much bigger than an lc9 sized gun

My mom has a S&W 637. She doesn't carry it but does well shooting it. Nice and light.

SW_CatList_JFrame.jpg

• 1 month later...

Range Report: LC9 is double action only pistol and the trigger pull is long like stated before. Being a pistol noob (not new to firearms in general "ex-military") I didn't know squat about pistols I just went off of reviews when I purchased this gun. If you like a lighter trigger pull and single action this gun is not for you. With that I believed the gun performed well with my limited experience. I shot 100 flawless rounds through it today at (7yds)21 feet as part of my CCW class. We were shooting at a competition 25yd target with a 6" black encompassing the bulls, 10pt and 9pt ring. When I was aiming at the 6" black I had about a 98% hit rate. They put us through some drills like shooting left, right, and high center simulating nipples and head shots of perpetrator and accuracy was similar to aiming dead center. As I sit her at my kitchen table estimating distances in my downstairs I would have complete confidence in hitting any scum fuck that entered my premise with the LC9.

• Upvote 1

Yup.......long trigger pull like the LCP. I have never had any kind of failure with my LCP whatsoever, and I have heard good things about the LC9. Both are up close and personal action kinda guns, so accuracy is gonna be more than fine.

Well good news/ bad news from my range report. Put 150 rnds down range with out a glitch. Groups were nice at 21 feet. Recoil was lighter then I thought it would be. Bad news is I noticed my groups were moving low right? Checked the sights the rear had come loose and moved. No big deal I pulled out a allen key moved the sights back center and tightened them till I almost broke the allen key. Next two mags were back on target. All the sudden they started to go left. checked the rear sights tight no movement. Checked the front sights they were almost half way out to the left. Even worse news no set pin in the front. pushed them back with my finger. 7 shots later they moved back. Stopped at the shop I bought it at on the way home, their smith took one look says it has to go back to ruger. Hope they fix it and get it back soon I loved the way it handled and grouped. Seems like it will be a great gun once I get the front sight issue taken care of. Anyne has any experience with rugers service dept before?

Check your front sight the newer ones have a set screw mine did not. Scruit I love the gun its accurate and groups well. I would still give it a good review besides the sight issue.

No set screw on mine either but sights seem solid. Knock on wood. I wonder if they will come out with night sights? But not being able to bolt something in doesn't make sense.

Check your front sight the newer ones have a set screw mine did not. Scruit I love the gun its accurate and groups well. I would still give it a good review besides the sight issue.

I'd hate to buy a new gun and have to send it back for warranty work after only a couple hundred rounds.

Just looked at mine, it appears to have a very tiny set screw at the very front. Is yours smooth, or is there a small screw/pin at the nose of the front sight?