Places to see in columbus

NinjaDoc

Hi, I will prolly be visiting columbus next weekend, just wanted to ask all the columbus folks about the local attractions, any good places to ride around (urban city ride)

What are you looking for? Urban attractions or good areas to ride? The good places to ride are 45 min away (coshochton or Hocking). Urban attractions are listed above. "good" urban rides don't exist. ;)

Just like good to see "urban" things, buildings, Not the twisty stuff to ride, just 2 up urban sight seeing roads

In short want to do some thing like this :D in Columbus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbSgcHEgADQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by NinjaDoc

Sorry Columbus is closed for construction. We hope to reopen the roads in 2015 when most the work will be so far behind and under funded that APV's will be the only way for Ben to get to work. :lol:

Thanks and remember Dayton has an Air Force museum. :)

If you ride this short section you'll get some nice shots of the river, cosi, the ridiculously expensive main st. bridge, and from near point A you should be able to get a decent skyline shot. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-33+E&daddr=39.95571,-83.00521+to:Belle+St&hl=en&ll=39.96505,-83.017073&spn=0.010016,0.01929&sll=39.963701,-83.011923&sspn=0.010016,0.01929&geocode=FczUYQIdUzgN-w%3BFf6sYQId5nAN-ymF4qsROI84iDH5YZkLfxPTZA%3BFVS7YQId_GMN-w&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=16&via=1&t=h&z=16

Other than that, you can ride up through osu campus during the day and see all the students out, you can ride past the statehouse, german village or victorian village have some nice house architecture, if you drive up riverside dr. there are some nice shots of the scioto river and you can cross the river at o'shaughnessy dam(glick rd.) for a cool shot. just a few ideas.

Let me know if you need some food suggestions too, and i'm sure others can suggest many good places as well.

If you ride this short section you'll get some nice shots of the river, cosi, the ridiculously expensive main st. bridge, and from near point A you should be able to get a decent skyline shot. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=US-33+E&daddr=39.95571,-83.00521+to:Belle+St&hl=en&ll=39.96505,-83.017073&spn=0.010016,0.01929&sll=39.963701,-83.011923&sspn=0.010016,0.01929&geocode=FczUYQIdUzgN-w%3BFf6sYQId5nAN-ymF4qsROI84iDH5YZkLfxPTZA%3BFVS7YQId_GMN-w&vpsrc=6&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=16&via=1&t=h&z=16

Other than that, you can ride up through osu campus during the day and see all the students out, you can ride past the statehouse, german village or victorian village have some nice house architecture, if you drive up riverside dr. there are some nice shots of the scioto river and you can cross the river at o'shaughnessy dam(glick rd.) for a cool shot. just a few ideas.

Let me know if you need some food suggestions too, and i'm sure others can suggest many good places as well.

This^^^

Columbus area also has some awesome/different food options (several of which have been on Travel channel and Man vs Food.

Truth, I drove from cleveland and spent 6 hours there and $200

Haha I kno its only 20mins from me and still every time I go there I walk around the store 10 x's and end up picking something every time I go around it.

Some areas on parsons ave and Cleveland ave around midnight should always bring good times, and a must do is berliner park after dark just ride back to ballfield #31 or so

don't forget tp yell him bullet proof vest its like the ghetto wild wild west.

Some areas on parsons ave and Cleveland ave around midnight should always bring good times, and a must do is berliner park after dark just ride back to ballfield #31 or so

I always drive straight down Parsons coming home from work instead of taking the free way - it's always entertaining. :)