So who rode this weekend? Where'd you go? How was it?

SWing'R

Went out yesterday to the new Melt in Independence, almost got hit by granny in a Buick, froze my ass off on the ride home, dropped the bike when I got home at 1am. Overall, not too bad since it was the first time I have gotten to really ride in over a month! lol

I rode dirt bikes often as a kid but I bought my first street bike like 3 months ago (84 GPZ 900-Top Gun). Wasn't as mechanically sound as I had hoped. Sold it and bought my 97 ZX6R 2 months ago. Since than I have been riding on my own on some decent roads here and there.

But since I knew this weekend was going to be perfect I hopped on OR and met up with some great guys Friday and Saturday. First time riding as a group. Rode about 600 miles total North of Newark and around Coshocton, Millersburg, etc. Was amazing. Now I know what it is to ride a sportbike. Been wondering and wishing since I was able to drive what it would be like to really ride. Was an awesome weekend!

I rode dirt bikes often as a kid but I bought my first street bike like 3 months ago (84 GPZ 900-Top Gun). Wasn't as mechanically sound as I had hoped. Sold it and bought my 97 ZX6R 2 months ago. Since than I have been riding on my own on some decent roads here and there.

But since I knew this weekend was going to be perfect I hopped on OR and met up with some great guys Friday and Saturday. First time riding as a group. Rode about 600 miles total North of Newark and around Coshocton, Millersburg, etc. Was amazing. Now I know what it is to ride a sportbike. Been wondering and wishing since I was able to drive what it would be like to really ride. Was an awesome weekend!

Congratulations, now your a junky...:D

Oh shit! That was you! We took a left because I wanted to take a break at the HighSchool down the road there. Wish I knew that was you, we would've ignored your directions and showed you around instead. :cool: That was xtremef4i who is from TROY as well that was with me on his red/white Honda. That sucks we missed eachother, but there was no way of knowing.

Clarksville road that we all turned right on is one of my favorites btw. I grew up on those roads in HS.

If you want company, hit me up a few days before sometime.

It was last minute that i headed that way. Maybe we can get together sometime before the end of the season. I definatly need to get to know that area alittle better.

100 miles of mostly bullshit on Friday. Wasn't feeling good enough for any of the good rides and figured there would be far too many cars and cops on my usual NEO roads so I said screw it and didn't ride at all

• 3 weeks later...

I rode out to NYC from Elyria a couple of days ago. Beautiful ride. Cold and rainy in NO OH that day, as many of you will recall. I've got good gear, though, and the big Beemer's got good wind protection, so all was fine until the sky brightened up in central PA.

The leaves are changing all throughout OH and PA. It was a gorgeous day. Beautiful views, a look at a couple of deer that was much *too* good, but, all in all, the kind of ride that one buys a bike for.

I am always struck by how lightly traveled 80 is between Cleveland and NYC. There's always much less traffic than on the PA turnpike. Not so much car traffic, almost no LEO presence. It's weird. This is the major highway that connects Chicago and NYC, after all. Where are all of the cars?

About 7:40 from rolling on the throttle near 80/90 to sidestand down in Manhattan. That's with some time for a bite to eat at a Taco Bell in PA and two fuel-ups. Making good time but not going all out. There must be people who've gone from CLE to NYC on the road in under seven hours.