UPS sucks

Bad324

1) They didn't listen to the specific instructions I gave them

2) Its impossible to talk to an actual live person. I hate automated answering service bullshit. Just let me talk to a person so I can get what I want

3) This is why FedEx is a million times better

1. what instructions?

2. youre doing it wrong - they have a number you call and leave your name and they call back within 30 minutes

3. fedex is fucking horrible....maybe youve had some good experiences with them, but overall they are shit and i would never send something fedex....all shipping companies fuck shit up, just some do it more than others....theres a reason fedex is always number 2 and a reason UPS has so many major contracts that fedex has no chance of ever getting

let me know if i can give you a hand with anything - i work there, but i dont have any actual say, but i can talk to some people for ya if youre having an issue and need some help

Edited by Steve Butters

1. what instructions?

2. youre doing it wrong - they have a number you call and leave your name and they call back within 30 minutes

3. fedex is fucking horrible....maybe youve had some good experiences with them, but overall they are shit and i would never send something fedex....all shipping companies fuck shit up, just some do it more than others....theres a reason fedex is always number 2 and a reason UPS has so many major contracts that fedex has no chance of ever getting

I originally had it sent to my house but wanted it sent to my office because it needs signed for. So when I called to have it changed I said I only wanted to change the delivery address so long as it was still delivered today. The tracking now says it won't be delivered until Monday

I did just figure out how to talk to an actual person so I'm on hold currently

In college for a business class we had a group project on UPS vs FedEx and up until the last year I had always agreed UPS was leaps and bounds better from all the research we did and things I knew. But this has to be the 4th time in over a year that I've gotten boned by UPS.

I used to work for an LTL shipper and to have a delivery address changed almost 2 days before delivery when its in the most local processing center doesn't necessitate a day delay. If our shitty company could pull it off, I don't think its unreasonable for UPS who have their shit together to do it

I originally had it sent to my house but wanted it sent to my office because it needs signed for. So when I called to have it changed I said I only wanted to change the delivery address so long as it was still delivered today. The tracking now says it won't be delivered until Monday

I did just figure out how to talk to an actual person so I'm on hold currently

In college for a business class we had a group project on UPS vs FedEx and up until the last year I had always agreed UPS was leaps and bounds better from all the research we did and things I knew. But this has to be the 4th time in over a year that I've gotten boned by UPS.

I used to work for an LTL shipper and to have a delivery address changed almost 2 days before delivery when its in the most local processing center doesn't necessitate a day delay. If our shitty company could pull it off, I don't think its unreasonable for UPS who have their shit together to do it

i work at UPS so im a bit biased, however i am by no means a UPS nutswinger, because they do some stuff that irritates the shit out of me....i just really dislike fedex - i dislike how they run their company, essentially using contractors for everything.....by doing so it makes delivery times erratic, it decreases the care of the employees, and they always change their tracking number info like they dont know how to estimate properly...when a package is shipped the delivery date changes 2-3 times sometimes, even though the conditions are not causing it (blizzard etc)...also have had them deliver packages at 7PM to my house, which IMO is way too late given there are no circumstances which cause it such as weather or traffic

when did you call them to change the address? if you called today it would be too late most likely since the trucks are on the road at 8 45 - which would explain why the package would be delivered monday if the address changed and was not on the same route....if you called yesterday to change it and they messed it up i would demand a saturday delivery

most hubs run air routes on saturday, so it wouldnt be an issue for them to toss a ground package on the truck ...they may even be able to put it on a shuttle and deliver it today.

the hub i work at will send drivers out with as little as a single package to deliver it to ensure not missing the scheduled date .....sounds like whatever hub youre dealing with sucks...didnt think a hub could suck more than the slave pens i work at lol

annnnd now they are telling me that I have to call Verizon to call them to pull the package they are in possession of from the conveyor belt to will call. What a crock of shit

hey bud - i coulda changed the delivery address this morning at work ;) shoulda hit me up! lol

its hard to make some changes when you wait until last minute - and for a package that has to be signed for it makes sense to run it how they are....sure its inconvenient, but it makes sense. woudlnt want any random person able to call and have delivery addresses changed without the shipper doing it. thats like me calling in knowing you have a package on the way and me claiming to be you and having it sent to my house instead - then you calling ups asking why they never delivered your box, and verizon saying they shipped it to the right person

I changed the delivery address at 7am yesterday. The package was at the Lousiville hub when I called and either way still had to go through the same hub for the address change. It even shows on the tracking website that the delivery address change was acknowledged before it got to my local hub. This is why I'm not pleased

Not to mention the very earliest I could change it was yesterday morning. I tried to do it monday morning but because the package hadn't shipped yet, they said they couldn't do anything about it. I just needed to vent because I'm not happy :lol:

I changed the delivery address at 7am yesterday. The package was at the Lousiville hub when I called and either way still had to go through the same hub for the address change. It even shows on the tracking website that the delivery address change was acknowledged before it got to my local hub. This is why I'm not pleased

are you able to contact the local hub directly instead of calling the main office? if so, ask them why the delivery date changed and tell them its an important box and you were told you would have it today. request it early AM tomorrow or request that it be shuttled this evening.

(you cannot call the hub i work at, not sure how your local one is)

Not to mention the very earliest I could change it was yesterday morning. I tried to do it monday morning but because the package hadn't shipped yet, they said they couldn't do anything about it. I just needed to vent because I'm not happy :lol:

i hear ya man - i wouldnt be happy either!

theres just so much procedure at UPS to ensure package security that it sometimes gets in the way of common sense

ive had problems before picking up my own package while i was standing in the hub trying to get it - just play it cool and dont take no for an answer

despite what they may say - they do send out trucks on saturdays! theres no reason they cant get it to you tomorrow morning if its already in the hub

they also do PM pickups, and should be able to put it on a truck that is in the area doing pickups

they hire part time drivers just to run small errands exactly like this.....so keep calm and explain the situation and dont let them tell you no lol

are you able to contact the local hub directly instead of calling the main office? if so, ask them why the delivery date changed and tell them its an important box and you were told you would have it today. request it early AM tomorrow or request that it be shuttled this evening.

(you cannot call the hub i work at, not sure how your local one is)

The only number I could find for the hub just had a repeating message saying to call the 1-800 number. One of my friends also ordered the phone same day I did and as of yesterday was supposed to get his today and he never changed address or anything and it says deliver Monday now as well. So if it doesn't show up at his house (he works from home) hes going up to the hub after work to try and pick it up and I'm gonna have him check what the deal with mine is. Needless to say he is not pleased either because it shows its been at the hub since 4am

The only number I could find for the hub just had a repeating message saying to call the 1-800 number. One of my friends also ordered the phone same day I did and as of yesterday was supposed to get his today and he never changed address or anything and it says deliver Monday now as well. So if it doesn't show up at his house (he works from home) hes going up to the hub after work to try and pick it up and I'm gonna have him check what the deal with mine is. Needless to say he is not pleased either because it shows its been at the hub since 4am

at least you get a repeating message - my hub will ring non-stop and never give any message or anything lol

if it arrived at the hub at 4am theres no reason at all it shouldnt be sent out...i would tell them you expect it shuttled tonight and delivered on time

i cant think of one single instance where we receive a package and do not send it the same day - theres no dedicated "storage" area to hold packages aside from the counter area where customer pickup is.

almost seems like that hub fucked something up - because if his is delayed also and he didnt do the address change like you, then it sounds definitely like a hub problem

which hub is it?

at least you get a repeating message - my hub will ring non-stop and never give any message or anything lol

if it arrived at the hub at 4am theres no reason at all it shouldnt be sent out...i would tell them you expect it shuttled tonight and delivered on time

i cant think of one single instance where we receive a package and do not send it the same day - theres no dedicated "storage" area to hold packages aside from the counter area where customer pickup is.

almost seems like that hub fucked something up - because if his is delayed also and he didnt do the address change like you, then it sounds definitely like a hub problem

which hub is it?

that was exactly my thinking as well. I no doubt think its the hub because when I googled for the phone number there were about 25/30 reviews that were all negative.

Middleburg Heights

that was exactly my thinking as well. I no doubt think its the hub because when I googled for the phone number there were about 25/30 reviews that were all negative.

Middleburg Heights

good luck getting it resolved today, keep us updated how it turns out

let me know if i can give you a hand with anything

Call and have it held for pick up. Then go pick it up. I do that all the time with stuff that needs a signature.

i tired that twice. got a load of BS each time of why they couldnt change it from the conveyor to will call

if you aren't there to sign, dont they leave a little note letting you know where you can come pick it up?

yes. The place is 35 mins from where I live and 1hr and half from my office. By changing the address from my house to office I was trying to avoid having to drive out there to pick it up. Oh well...live and learn