Saturday Oct 22 ride - Ohio 520 area

PhilS

Hi Guys:

Just to make it a separate thread from the CSBA monthly rides, I'm planning on hitting OH520 this weekend for a few rides in "both directions". I am told the northbound version is better. I "really" liked this road from last Saturday's CSBA ride (as well as the others attached to it) and am planning to ride it a few times this coming Saturday.

Weather permitting, which looks like 50 and partly sunny, I will be at the Danville BP at 62 and 514 at 10AM and launching after a quick fuel up. Heading north on 514 to 520, then down and up a few times to "remember the turns" and have a few good shots at them.

It might be fun to have a few bikes show up.

PhilS

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance we can start this one a little later like 11:00 or Noon? These early morning rides from Columbus to Newark and I'm a popsicle for the first couple hours of riding. Once the sun has been up for a few hours it's plenty warm.

Hey Habi: I bet Joey614 is gonna ride this one too. I know you guys have ridden before. If you want to meet us at the Sunoco at Brice & Livingston we can roll into Nerk from there. Unless someone else has another plan for the Cbus guys

Edited by Blitz

Any chance we can start this one a little later like 11:00 or Noon? These early morning rides from Columbus to Newark and I'm a popsicle for the first couple hours of riding. Once the sun has been up for a few hours it's plenty warm.

Due to some other commitments I can't start any later. Also since I live on the west side, the quickest way for me is straight up 62. So I'll see you all in Danville.

Hey Habi: I bet Joey614 is gonna ride this one too. I know you guys have ridden before. If you want to meet us at the Sunoco at Brice & Livingston we can roll into Nerk from there. Unless someone else has another plan for the Cbus guys

Being Saturday, didn't know if Joey could make it. Either way we can meet up to make the trip to KFC.

Hutch, what time would we need to be at KFC to make it to danville at 10?

Edited by Habi

Being Saturday, didn't know if Joey could make it. Either way we can meet up to make the trip to KFC.

Should be able to make it in a hour with no stoping I would think.

That's cool. I'll talk to Joe and see of he's a go or no-go and find some place central to meet. You're on the south/central east side aren't you?

That's cool. I'll talk to Joe and see of he's a go or no-go and find some place central to meet. You're on the south/central east side aren't you?

I am right off 70 and 256. If no one else is meeting up I would rather not back track up to brice if I don't have to. Not sure where you are coming from though. The Shell with McDonalds on 256 has been a good meet spot for those going east on 70. If others are meeting up I can do either. Going to need to be on the road by 815 though. I hope the weatherman is wrong and its going to be a low of 58 tonight :D