Saturday Oct 22 ride - Ohio 520 area

PhilS

36 in Hilliard right now with frost on the windows. Breakfast at Cracker Barrell is tasting great right now. The warm sun is cresting east Columbus as I write this. The Bandit looked awfully good this morning as the steam poured from the exhaust. Liners in the Cortech gear will really make this morning's ride comfy.

I'll be in Danville by 10 and on 520 shortly afterwards. It's gonna be a nice ride today.

I should be in thermal shock by 1030 and perhaps frozen dead by 1100. See ya there.

Sorry Phil it wasn't meant to be. Mechanical issues kept us from making it. It wasn't a bad ride after the fog burned off. Hope you had fun!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah guys....I didn't have computer access this morning. Stayed at a friend house "if you know what I mean" and when I got up and it was as cold as it was, I reconsidered. I am meeting Joey614 at 12:30 and we're headed towards Newark and North. If anyone wants to meet us at KFC in Newark we'll leave there at 1:30.

It turned out to be a nice ride. GregR6 and I met up at BP at 10 then warmed up for a quick bit then went riding. It was cold getting to Danville but really nice after that. 520 is a bit hilly and blind on the north half but open with some great turns on the south half. It was a little wet and muddy in some spots so both of the bikes are a little dirty - his more than mine. :) We road it three times before heading back on 62 then home.

Nice to meet you in person Greg.

Phil

Edited by PhilS

UTurned out to be a nice ride. GregR6 and I met up at BP at 10 then warmed up for a quick bit then went riding. It was cold getting to Danville but really nice after that. 520 is a bit hilly and blind on the north half but open with some great turns on the south half. It was a little wet and muddy in some spots so both of the bikes are a little dirty - his more than mine. :) We road it three times before heading back on 62 then home.

Phil

I passed you on 62, just east of New Albany. I was in the cage headed to work.

I'm missing going on some of these nice rides! Our family schedule will lighten in the next couple of weeks, and it will be awful cold, but maybe I can take some nice afternoon rides!

It turned out to be a nice ride. GregR6 and I met up at BP at 10 then warmed up for a quick bit then went riding. It was cold getting to Danville but really nice after that. 520 is a bit hilly and blind on the north half but open with some great turns on the south half. It was a little wet and muddy in some spots so both of the bikes are a little dirty - his more than mine. :) We road it three times before heading back on 62 then home.

Phil

Heated gloves and nice thick riding gear really pay off.

Nice meeting you. Thanks for everything. :)