Anyone Ride In Hawaii?

wantahertzdonut

I'm going to Hawaii at the end of November and I'm considering renting a motorcycle for a couple days.

Anyone know what it's like riding there and dealing with drivers? I'm assuming it can be maniacal with tourists being tourists.

I just want to know what to expect.

I'll be at Maui and Hilo, and Honolulu.

I'm going to Hawaii at the end of November and I'm considering renting a motorcycle for a couple days.

Anyone know what it's like riding there and dealing with drivers? I'm assuming it can be maniacal with tourists being tourists.

I just want to know what to expect.

I'll be at Maui and Hilo, and Honolulu.

We went to Maui on our honeymoon. You're going to love it! We didn't rent any bikes during our stay, but the place to rent them from is this. http://www.bigkahunarentals.com/

I recommend taking the Road to Hana, and checking out the black sand beach, along the route.

http://www.govisithawaii.com/2008/03/19/tips-for-driving-the-road-to-hana/

My buddy and his wife rented a Roadking when they were there, yes allot of pop up showers happen throughout the day. The good thing is the temp is awesome and the scenery is 2nd to none! He said that he will never forget that day of riding, great pics and he even banged his wife!:takeit:

• 2 weeks later...

I enquired with Big Kanuna Rentals per Sniper's suggestion about an XR1200. I'd go for the R6 but want something with saddle bags since the first day will be more sightseeing and may involve my girlfriend doing some shopping.

Also checked with another rental agency about a BMWR1150 which would be much, much preferred but the photos show no saddle bags. If it has them, I'm taking the bimmer.

Had to go with an HD rental for Haleakula, no choices there. It was Harleys or Vespas, or a 15 mile car ride to another better equipped rental place. No biggie, they gave me a half day free.

I checked them out, they're in the 10-15 mile away category. It's no biggie, the bike I have through the HD dealer is more than suitable for what I'm doing. I'm only able to carry minimal safety gear so a slow bike is probably a better idea anyway.