Starting Monday I will start

Carwhore

Ok so Starting monday I am going to start a Juice Fast.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juice_fasting

I watched the video Fat, Sick, and nearly dead its a documentary from Joe Cross. Look it up and i suggest you watch it. It's on Hulu.

I'm going to be doing this to not only loss weight, but to change my mindset on fruits/vegetables. As right now I rarely eat either and normally its a potato of some sort with steak. So I would eventually like to start eating healthy every day. Now I'm sure a lot of you know I'm younger and probably wondering why he is doing this. Well not only trying to lose weight, eat healthier, but I'm trying to lower my Blood pressure for the long run. I have high blood pressure (130s-140s/80s-90s). And I haven't always had this, its within the last year really. I've been seen by a doctor and I'm perfectly healthy otherwise.

I've added the next 10 posts for the first 10 days. The first 4 are the worst I've read and will be I'm sure. After day 4 everything is supposed to look up. I'm going to try to do this for 30 days. And post my experiences and outcomes.

I've read a lot of stuff how to prepare for the changes and prepare to get your body accustomed to this, but I figure I might as well do it like I haven't planned to do it. I want a challenge and I want a different mindset. So Sunday night I'm getting a huge steak from Smith and Wollensky and starting juicing Monday morning lol.

Edited by Carwhore
  • Upvote 1

day 1

Well to start the day I ended up sleeping at my girlfriends and slept in too late. So I bought two bath house juices (organic juices kinda like what I'm doing, but from a concentrate).

Throughout the day at first everything was normal. After drinking the second one I had to shit right away. Never really felt bad though till the end of the day and started to get light headed.

Went home and made my first juice. 6 kale leaves, 4 celery stocks, 1 cucumber, 1/2 lemon and 1/2 a jalapeño pepper. It tasted ok. I really hate celery so I need to find a recipe that doesn't use a lot of it. Made iirc 25oz. Drank probably 22.

I made my juices for tomorrow as I'm going to be busy working on my day off and can't take my juicer with me.

My first juice for tomorrow: 3 bananas, 8 or so strawberries, an orange. And man that is GOOD!

Edited by Carwhore

day 2

The breakfast juice I made was amazing! I also ate 1 banana as the juice wasn't quit enough.

I've had plenty of energy and felt great. Now lunch time comes around and I got light headed, dizzy , and a small headache.

made a juice for lunch that consisted of: Carrots, kale, cucumber, and some lemon. It was ok.

For Dinner I made this:

2 tomatoes

2 apples

1 clove of garlic

sprig of parsley

Garlic reduces blood pressure, helps with the problem of blood clotting, lowering the LDL which increases bad cholesterol. Garlic boosts the immune system and encourages the recovery of heart attack victims. Garlic contains allicin which inhibits bacterial growth and fungus, helping with yeast over-growths, and useful in treating candida. Garlic increases the flow of digestive enzymes and encourages detoxification through the skin.

I have high blood pressure so i will probably drink this from time to time, but let me tell you it was unpleasant! I really don't care at all for it! lol. I will continue to make it for the overall goal, and outcome. I want to be physically and mentally healthier!

Edited by Carwhore

day 3

Felling pretty well. Mornings are super super easy. The issue I was having with day is breakfast/lunch is easy dinner I'm always super hungry!

Made a breakfast juice again. 2 oranges, 3 bananas, blue berries, raspberries, and 1/2 lime.----Pretty good, this was the first time i used lime and it's pretty over bearing against the other juices. Don't get me wrong I like lime, it just is over powering compared to the others.

Lunch I made another juice from yesterday. Carrots, kale cucumber, lemon. It's a pretty good drink. The more of these vegetable drinks i drink the more i like them, I will say that!

Dinner. Made a "mean green juice" which consists of : 6 Kale Leaves

1 Cucumber

4 Celery Stalks

2 Green Apples

1/2 Lemon

1 piece of ginger

I haven't had any ginger forget to get it at the store and just haven't went back. So in it's place I added 1/2 a jalapeno pepper! After drinking the garlic drink last night this tastes amazing! lol. the first night I made this I really didn't like the taste at all and it was kind of hard to finish the entire amout (about 21oz). But when I drank it last night I actually don't mind it, It tastes pretty good. I'm going to try to incorporate this juice in my every day fast. I will say around dinner is the hardest. I normally eat breakfast at 8am, lunch around 12-1, and dinner is 7 so it's the longest stretch and is the worst. As I normally get a headache that lasts unless I take an aspirin, and I feel pretty light headed too.

Edited by Carwhore

day 4

Breakfast juice: Grapefruit, 2 apples, 2 oranges, 1/2 lime, 1 banana. Taste pretty well. Next time I think i'm going to start doing a 1/4 lemon though.

Haven't ate lunch yet, but I made the "Mean Green Juice again"

6 Kale Leaves

1 Cucumber

4 Celery Stalks

2 Green Apples

1/2 Lemon

1/2 jalapeno pepper.

I expect it to be good as normal. Got a lot of energy today and fell great. I fell quicker physically and mentally.

Edited by Carwhore

day 5

Ate a typical breakfast good as usual.

Lunch I drank another mean green juice.

Now dinner I fail! I worked super late and in doing this juicing from start to finish (including cleaning the juicer) takes an hour. So I went to chipotle! Lol.

Edited by Carwhore

day 6

Well I fail again. I stayed at my girlfriends place and woke up Kate so I didn't have time to make a juice. Knowing I would have to rely on fast food I skipped breakfast.

For lunch I had subway. With chips.

During the day I felt sluggish. With drinking this juice the last couple days I've felt kind of like I just drank an energy drink! I've had a ton of energy and no downs like when drinking an energy drink. I've thought a lot clearer too. It's been easier to stay focused.

For dinner I made a mean green juice. I've actually missed it. The more I drink this stuff the better it takes. And went ahead and made my juices for tomorrow.

At this point I've lost 5lbs

Edited by Carwhore

Dude, took me a min but I think I figured out what you are doing here. You can do the same thing in less than 6 hrs with a bottle of prune juice. Literally same thing. That is, if you are actually doing this.....

I do this about every 4-6 months and trust me, I feel much lighter and way better after a day of prune juice.... Get some pedialyte for the day after though, severe dehydration.

Dude, took me a min but I think I figured out what you are doing here. You can do the same thing in less than 6 hrs with a bottle of prune juice. Literally same thing. That is, if you are actually doing this.....

I do this about every 4-6 months and trust me, I feel much lighter and way better after a day of prune juice.... Get some pedialyte for the day after though, severe dehydration.

6hrs isnt going to make you both loss weight and lower high blood pressure.

i'm interested to see how this goes on a day to day basis. Most reviews i've read are just an overall summary of the entire ordeal. I recently watched forks over spoons, food INC and I've been meaning to watch that as well. Very eye openning details about the food we eat.

Well here is a snippet from your wiki link. Good luck! :lol:

Because pure juice contains little to no fiber, juice fasters often use an enema or a herbal or saltwater laxative during the time of fasting to efficiently expel waste from the intestines and colon.

Im not fan of these things to lose weight or get healthy.

It's going to take a lot more than just a 30 day juice fest. It's PERMANENT change in lifestyle thats going to make a difference. Really doesnt help if you just go back to your normal habits.

6hrs isnt going to make you both loss weight and lower high blood pressure.

Oh I dont care about bp, mines high, always will be. Got that from the parents, but it will def. make you lose weight and also flush the systems and the buildup.

A week of anything like this, the soup diet, the Hollywood Diet, etc is going to make you lose weight because you are taking in way less calories, so would eating grilled chicken and white rice for every meal, etc.

A normal detox setup would be beneficial as well and would do it much healthier.

Ive done the drinking juice for a week and its amazing what comes out in the last few days.. good luck day 2 and three were the hardest. just remember to drink juice even when you arent hungry. because it help keep you feeling full. If you get hungry its really hard to make up for that.

Im not fan of these things to lose weight or get healthy.

It's going to take a lot more than just a 30 day juice fest. It's PERMANENT change in lifestyle thats going to make a difference. Really doesnt help if you just go back to your normal habits.

that's what im trying to change, my lifestyle. mentioned that in OP