CCW app.

20thGix

So monday i went to Clark Co. to apply for my CCW after hearing that Miami Co. likes to take there time about getting it back to you. Got a call today to come pick it up! Two day turn around! So if your in an adjacent county I highly recommend them. Real friendly and i was in and out in 15mins. Once agian thumbs up to Clark County!

2 days in Lorain county for me. It also depends on how many places you have lived since you were 18 and your background because they have to research all of that, I lives in 1 place and had no record so it was quick.

Mine took 29 days in miami county. They claim its due to taking care of some of shelbys co. Since you have to take an additional class there (so I was told).

It would drive me crazy to wait that long waiting for a phone call. They told me nomally it takes them (Clark Co.) 7-10 days. Which would have been fine also.

Originally i was going to go to Champaign Co. but they told me their "machine" was broke and not taking apps. all this week. I assume they were talking about the fingerprint scanner.:dunno:

2 days in Lorain county for me. It also depends on how many places you have lived since you were 18 and your background because they have to research all of that, I lives in 1 place and had no record so it was quick.

Yep, and also if you have any out of state addresses they have to check. Lorain county is very fast but for me it was 13 days. They had several out of state addresses to check.

Mine took 29 days in miami county. They claim its due to taking care of some of shelbys co. Since you have to take an additional class there (so I was told).

That makes no sense, someone misspoke or made that up when they said it. State law determines the requirements and no one can make any law different than the State law. ORC 9.68 precludes any city, county or anything from trying to put more laws on top of what the state already has.

Took me less that 24 hours at the Columbus location. Dropped off late on a Tuesday and picked it up Wednesday morning.

Someone told me they had quite a long wait list, I was very surprised at the turn around.

My roommate went to an adjacent county and had to wait a week.

Also, you are eligible to get your CCW in PA which allows you to carry in 4 more states I believe for $20. If you ever go to FL this allows you to carry through GA (The only state you can't CCW with an Ohio CCW on the trip).

Haha, must be nice.... My renewal took over 4 weeks, I was actually almost expired on the renewal 45 day card they gave me when they took my old one.

Due to having received an OVI in the mean time, and being one of the first to get a CCW and need to renew it, they said they were still having issues with background checks and paperwork on the renewals. I actually got a little worried towards the end. They called me 2 days before my 45 day card expired. Left work and got that thing that day.

Took me less that 24 hours at the Columbus location. Dropped off late on a Tuesday and picked it up Wednesday morning.

Someone told me they had quite a long wait list, I was very surprised at the turn around.

My roommate went to an adjacent county and had to wait a week.

Also, you are eligible to get your CCW in PA which allows you to carry in 4 more states I believe for $20. If you ever go to FL this allows you to carry through GA (The only state you can't CCW with an Ohio CCW on the trip).

PA is $26 for 5 years but you will want to call ahead of time to find a county which will issue you one right now not many sheriffs are issuing non resident PA permits.

PA is $26 for 5 years but you will want to call ahead of time to find a county which will issue you one right now not many sheriffs are issuing non resident PA permits.

And you have to go there now, they won't issue via mail anymore. They stopped that in the spring of this year. Florida or Utah are both worth looking into also. Florida costs more but is all by mail and gets you good coverage. Utah is the best both in cost and coverage but you have to take a special Utah course, many are taught in Ohio but you still have to do it.

Got mine in Delware county when it first came out. Renewed 2 years ago (good until 2014)

Both times it was a 1 week turnaround. They get confused with mine because my prior addresses include two in England. I have a "Police Letter" from England (A printout of my criminal record) which says; "No criminal record" in case things get ugly.

I have to redo my training for next time. Yuck.

Got mine in Delware county when it first came out. Renewed 2 years ago (good until 2014)

Both times it was a 1 week turnaround. They get confused with mine because my prior addresses include two in England. I have a "Police Letter" from England (A printout of my criminal record) which says; "No criminal record" in case things get ugly.

I have to redo my training for next time. Yuck.

It's just shooting not the entire class

Are there any official "Refresher" courses out there?

Not yet because even if you got your permit when they were first available it is not time for you to get the refresher. There will be plenty at the usual places when that time comes.