Pot Holes and Other Road Hazards, Post Them Here!!!!!

Casper

• 2 weeks later...

going from 670 to 270 north, right before the merge, the left lane has some nasty potholes in it... stay right, but be careful not to get creamed by merging traffic from 62,

also, 270 southbound between easton and 670, the right and second to right lanes. (the ones that exit to 670). i think the one furthest right is pretty good, but the second to right one... watch out. some MASSIVE holes here.

• 4 weeks later...

lol lmao!!!! are you kidding?? in toledo??? fucking every street there!!! i was born and raised so i can talk shit about it....they have the LOWEST budget for street repairs!!!

i love toledo, but hate the fucking roads!!!!

and

420 ryders rock!!!!

:thefinger:

Thanks for the head up, fellers. Good news for me is I rarely hit that side of Cinci.

Coming from Tejas, but having lived all over the damn place, I've never seen pot holes and patches like those on Ohio roads.

The roads around Oxford are great for riding, but there are some seams, pot holes and around campus lots of manhole covers and mainainence covers that are just plain scary on a bike.

I76 heading west out of Akron, not only is it a bottleneck but it's like driving on a washboard...

Rt. 619 between Arlington and 93 has the washboard feel, too.

Some parts of 585 just north of Wooster now have washboard bumps from recent roadwork (all in curves, too)...I thought I'd gotten a flat when I rode over them the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Going south on Westerville Rd (route 3) and getting onto 270 WEST towards dublin, the enterance ramp is SHOT - Pot holes, uneven pavement - just watch for it....it's all over, perhaps the least amount of bad road there is right in the middle though.

GOOD LUCK! - Happy Riding! - SKIP

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw this on CR:

The offramp onto sunbury from 161W has a nice giant patch of dirt sitting on it a bit more leftward at the beginning of the turn. It gave me a little bit of slide when I went over it, I probably got more lucky than anything. Thought I'd send out that mention.

• 1 month later...

Very crappy road surface :mad:

On I-270 around the RT-161 road works, all kinds of crap there, grooves in the road, stuff on the road, idiot drivers that get all confused at the site of an orange barrel etc.

Both sides of the road are bad but the East / South direction are a bit worse than the North / West.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok people be careful of the new road layout going from I-270W onto I-71N. The road is a little crappy as you pull off 270 heading towards the new bridge then there are pretty noticeable bumps at the beginning & end of the bridge (like a lot of them) THEN just when you think oo that was fun & you start to look to merge onto 270 there are TWO lane height changes of about an inch or so each the are pretty much parallel to you as you cross lanes causing a pretty bad tire-in-groove style wobble, not what you want when getting on a highway.

I'm sure they will fix the 2 steps sometime in the next 4-5 years or so..... maybe, We all know how good Columbus is for road works.

• Casper unpinned this topic