camcorder for the bike

Casper

I'm looking for a camcorder for the bike. I'd like something that records to solid state media like SD cards or the such. DVR. Anybody know of anything that works well? I've found a few, but none seemed to have good reviews. Just wondering if anyone has used one of these or has any suggestions.

Most of the solid state media players are not where they need to be with resolution and capacity yet.. if you only want to film for short periods then ok but other then that get a mini-dv cam and buy a helmet cam/pen cam attachment.. Thats what i did.

Do you have any problems with the bouncing around? I've been kinda worried that the camcorder would get fucked up. I've thought about getting one of the harddrive based DV camcorders, but the shock to the drive can't be good for it.

Check this page for some tips

http://flandersland.tzo.com/CameraTips.htm

It really depends on how long your going to be recording and what quality you want... Unless you get solid state devices, your going to have to pad the inside of your trunk and make sure everything is nice and solid.