can't decide on a 9mm

motozachl

i think im going to pick up a 9mm sometime in the future - i do believe ill be giving glock a shot...do it, you know you want to

of those two choices though, i would go with the cz

i like this duo-tone finish on them best

38560.jpg

everybody has an XD, branch out some! lol.....plus, even though im sure XDs are great guns, theyre hideous looking

The CZ is on my short list. I liked the excellent grips, and nice trigger. All steel too.

I fired an XD M ( in 9 MM ) , so might not be exactly the same as the XD Tactical, but I was not a fan of the grip safety and the narrower feeling grips.

I like the CZ over XD.

Well i've shot them both along with many others, would never buy without shooting them first. I am just stuck on these two in the cage match. They are completely different guns with each their own high points

Edit: yes thats the one thing I dont like about the xm, tons of safetys and checks that 'could' go wrong.

I also dont hear much about and can barely find a CZ for sale locally...

Edited by motozachl

Well i've shot them both along with many others, would never buy without shooting them first. I am just stuck on these two in the cage match. They are completely different guns with each their own high points

Edit: yes thats the one thing I dont like about the xm, tons of safetys and checks that 'could' go wrong.

I also dont hear much about and can barely find a CZ for sale locally...

Except that they rarely ever go wrong, they are some of the absolute most dependable guns available. Consider the M&P 9 from Smith&Wesson, it too is a workhorse and won't let you down when the zombies arrive. Striker fired pistols are the way to go IMHO, and I prefer double action as well.

why do you prefer striker vs hammer?

i love my hammer fired...DA/SA with manual decock lever is a great setup for an EDC....i like being able to cock/decock it myself, and i like how heavy the initial DA pull is, i dont have an external safety and i dont worry about the trigger at all - long as i dont pull it, its not going anywhere

Edited by Steve Butters

Got to shoot a XD last weekend and did not like the trigger reset upon letting the trigger go forward. It is very long and then the pull back to take up the slack is long imo. I am probably going to get a Sig with a trigger reset kit installed already. My Glock 17 never had work done and love the trigger set up.

Question why the xd tactical and not a xdm? Just wondering? I have a xd service model and sub compact in 9mm love them both they will always stay with me. And trust me I have gone thru a few carry guns already and the xd still has a place in my safe. I am also not a fan of hammers on pistols, just a personal preference.