New Social Group - Fish Keepers

chevysoldier

chevysoldier has created a new social group called "Fish Keepers", with the following description:

For people who keep or are interested in fresh and saltwater aquariums.

To join this group visit the social groups homepage where this new group will be listed.

picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=14923

Fresh sushi! :lol: I have thought about trying to finnish my pond out back and stock it with cat fish but I need an excavator to get it a bit deeper first. Probably an aerator or fountain too.:( If I still lived in NY I'd have a trout pond like my grandfather did. :D

I just stirred up some dirt in the tank before I took this pic :( You see why i'm pushing these fish on everyone? :) It's a lot of work to keep this tank up.

Wow! What is that, about a 29 gallon tank? That's a LOT of angels for that small of a tank! I may be interested in a few, I lost one recently, and only have 2 now, and I don't think they're a breeding pair or anything. My tank looks kinda empty, actually.

All of this talk about fish keeping (and the water level being low making it noisy) got me motivated to clean my tank tonight. It looks much better now!

I counted 32 last time... 32 angels in a 29 gallon tank :nono: anyway, I'm gonna see if aquarium adventure will trade me 10 for a plant and some fish food. They sell this size angel for $5-$8... so hopefully they'll like that trade.

Beautiful tank.

Wow! What is that, about a 29 gallon tank? That's a LOT of angels for that small of a tank! I may be interested in a few, I lost one recently, and only have 2 now, and I don't think they're a breeding pair or anything. My tank looks kinda empty, actually.

All of this talk about fish keeping (and the water level being low making it noisy) got me motivated to clean my tank tonight. It looks much better now!

It's about time you cleaned that thing. You need to get your other one up.

I counted 32 last time... 32 angels in a 29 gallon tank :nono: anyway, I'm gonna see if aquarium adventure will trade me 10 for a plant and some fish food. They sell this size angel for $5-$8... so hopefully they'll like that trade.

Holy crap! I was tossing around the idea of setting up my 29 and getting 2 more from you but I didn't like it not being a tall tank! Instead I gave it to Meanie to start a saltwater tank and got the 55g from crb. Not gonna do Angels in this one as I want a different stocking.

I'll be up at Aquarium Adventure tomorrow getting plants. I can ask them if they would do that if you want.

• 1 year later...

I just stirred up some dirt in the tank before I took this pic :( You see why i'm pushing these fish on everyone? :) It's a lot of work to keep this tank up.

Do you still have angels multiplying? Someone in a local fish keepers trading group that I'm in on FB is looking for some angels.

I lost the momma fish a few months ago. She was probably 4 years old. I still have about 4 angels that i would be more than happy to part with. I have 6 adult angels and a midget (adult, just small).

I lost the momma fish a few months ago. She was probably 4 years old. I still have about 4 angels that i would be more than happy to part with. I have 6 adult angels and a midget (adult, just small).

I will mention this. They may not be interested in travelling to Columbus to get them though.

Side note: I have a couple angels that are probably 6 or 7 years old, by guesstimate. I'll have to see what the normal lifespan of them is.

I will mention this. They may not be interested in travelling to Columbus to get them though.

Side note: I have a couple angels that are probably 6 or 7 years old, by guesstimate. I'll have to see what the normal lifespan of them is.

i'm surprised it lasted that long through 3 different moves and sharing the tank with so many other fish.

i'm surprised it lasted that long through 3 different moves and sharing the tank with so many other fish.

That's the same with mine! Although they've only been moved twice! :lol:

I also have a pictus cat that has been through 3 (or 4?) tanks and about 5 (maybe 6?) moves! That dude is never gonna die at this rate! Seriously, this fish HAS to be anearing the end, it must be about 15 years old!

Fish.....decorations you have to feed.

Yeah, but I like that decorations that move! The kids also like watching them... sometimes.

My cousin has a pretty sweet salt water tank, anemone, clown fish, live coral, shrimp, crabs, pretty fish, urchins...its decked out. I recently saw on a facebook post by 'i fucking love science' that there is such thing as a pistol shrimp that uses his claw to shoot a high-speed high-pressure jet of water that results in a bubble cavitation behind it that collapses resulting in a 260 db snap and a flash due to the air being compressed to the point that it reaches over 5,000 celcius!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ7Ztmcf0Cc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

My cousin has a pretty sweet salt water tank, anemone, clown fish, live coral, shrimp, crabs, pretty fish, urchins...its decked out. I recently saw on a facebook post by 'i fucking love science' that there is such thing as a pistol shrimp that uses his claw to shoot a high-speed high-pressure jet of water that results in a bubble cavitation behind it that collapses resulting in a 260 db snap and a flash due to the air being compressed to the point that it reaches over 5,000 celcius!!!

Pistol Shrimp Vaporizes Water with a Punch [HD] - YouTube

Wow! That shrimp is frickin cool!