Serial Motorcycle Speeder

ReconRat

Yes, that's what the news called it.

And it's the first time I've heard of a "serial motorcycle speeder".

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/30/chatam-police-catch-suspected-serial-motorcycle-speeder/

Lynch was arrested and charged with operating a motor vehicle recklessly, driving on a revoked driver’s license, and failing to stop for a police officer, along with illegal possession of narcotics.
Is it serial? Probably, since they think a YouTube vid is his of a bike doing 120mph past a 35mph speed school zone (The trailer with the speed display.) I would post the video, but BEASTEDonYOU2 took it down, and I can't find it. Although Yarmouth PD posted it on their FaceBook page for a while asking for help in identifying. Police are threatening an $850 fine, 2 years in jail, and permanent loss of license in Massachusetts.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/09/21/police-search-for-mystery-motorcyclist-on-cape-cod/

edit: There is at least a news video of the YouTube video on this link.

They thought they had the rider, but it was the wrong one, when they found this:

2169-img-0214.jpg

http://www.masscops.com/members/cc3915/albums/random/2169-img-0214.jpg

Moral of the story:

A. Don't repeat stupid stunts in the same stupid area.

B. Don't post YouTube videos of item A.

Edited by ReconRat

Wow, I can name over 20 serial speeders that are personal friends of mine - and that includes myself - HOWEVER, I believe that there are several degrees in which to classify a "serial speeder"......meaning, those that break the limit by a little or a lot, in short bursts or flatout mile after mile, in a rural area or out in bfe, doing it alone or endangering other riders too, etc, etc. Sometimes the media can really distort the publics perception on sportriders (obviously not including this guy) and why I ride what I ride - I have a sportbike for the sheer performance aspects in handling, braking, and power to give me best odds in evading potential harm/stupidity that regularly befalls our kind on the roads -- I can out brake and out maneuver most any comparable cruiser because thats the nature of the beast when it comes to sportbikes vs cruisers. I wont sugarcoat the truth in the fact that I enjoy the speed, because I truly do!! But when dumbasses self-incriminate on YouTube just to show off, they're getting what they deserve in my opinion. You'll NEVER see me online performing wrongful acts against mans law, but anything goes on a closed course:D

I wonder what the percentage difference is between bike extreme speeders/total bikers and car extreme speeders/total cars.

I'm not saying what he did was right or wrong (more wrong then right, legally), but just curious if a car would get this much attention. It's not hard for a motorcycle to 'weave in and out of traffic'. They obviously accelerate significantly faster than your average car.

I guess I haven't seen a video to see how dangerous he really was. At the same time, someone who drives 55 mph on the highway and 25 mph in a 35 mph zone will think 66 mph on the highway is dangerous. Someone who speeds 85 mph everyday on the highway probably won't think 90 mph is that bad. They'd probably be willing to admit that it is more dangerous. If not, they probably need a little physics lesson.

I don't have a problem with people having fun as long as it is not putting other people in danger. Driving at night on an empty rode likely won't hurt anyone, but yourself, a tree, or a deer.

I think I read somewhere that people who drive under the speed limit are more likely to run red lights.

I can't find where the unrelated photo of the crashed blue Yamaha is from.

Somewhere on Route 18 in Massachusetts. But here's another picture of it.

2170-img-0215.jpg

http://www.masscops.com/members/cc3915/albums/random/2170-img-0215.jpg

Like what happened to this guy in Bridgewater. Taken from behind DHQ, as delivered by front end loader.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, that's what the news called it.

And it's the first time I've heard of a "serial motorcycle speeder".

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/11/30/chatam-police-catch-suspected-serial-motorcycle-speeder/

Is it serial? Probably, since they think a YouTube vid is his of a bike doing 120mph past a 35mph speed school zone (The trailer with the speed display.) I would post the video, but BEASTEDonYOU2 took it down, and I can't find it. Although Yarmouth PD posted it on their FaceBook page for a while asking for help in identifying. Police are threatening an $850 fine, 2 years in jail, and permanent lose of license in Massachusetts.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/09/21/police-search-for-mystery-motorcyclist-on-cape-cod/

edit: There is at least a news video of the YouTube video on this link.

They thought they had the rider, but it was the wrong one, when they found this:

2169-img-0214.jpg

http://www.masscops.com/members/cc3915/albums/random/2169-img-0214.jpg

Moral of the story:

A. Don't repeat stupid stunts in the same stupid area.

B. Don't post YouTube videos of item A.

The guy they caught is not the guy in the youtube videos

Your the one posting info about me... your the fucking troll.

Actually, I wasn't paying enough attention, and figured this was one of the guys here messing around. If you're really the real beastedonyou2, tell us all about your adventures. Now that's me being troll bait.

Your the one posting info about me... your the fucking troll.

Remember the grammar people! We can't have grammatically incorrect trolling. Your is possessive while you're is a contraction for you and are.

Also you could have substituted the ... for a period followed by capitalization, or for extra bonus points you could utilize a semicolon.

Thanks

Edited by alienpi
Fixed grammar

i'm calling bs on the last picture of the what looks like an R6 in a pile there.

there's no way a crash ripped that bike appart that much. even the cylinder head is missing.

a bomb couldn't even do that.

Maybe the result of an intense drug search?

Maybe the cylinder head bounced into the next county?

Maybe a large deer carried it off as a souvenir?

I dunno

They said it was the wrong bike anyway, who knows where it came from.

And the YAMAHA logo looks shopped in.

Maybe the result of an intense drug search?

Maybe the cylinder head bounced into the next county?

Maybe a large deer carried it off as a souvenir?

I dunno

They said it was the wrong bike anyway, who knows where it came from.

And the YAMAHA logo looks shopped in.

I can tell that's a yamaha r6 by the parts laying there. the swing arm and rim, the rear tail section etc.

it's just busted up so badly and the parts seem to be mostly in tack except they're all laying apart in a pile. I have to think that's a made up picture.

the front tire came off the rim and that means the forks had to be seperated at the head or axle too. and where are the forks and for that matter where is the frame?

the frame head and forks are all missing but the exhaust came out unscratched. yeah... they get fucked up in a drop in the driveway.

Edited by serpentracer

Actually, I wasn't paying enough attention, and figured this was one of the guys here messing around. If you're really the real beastedonyou2, tell us all about your adventures. Now that's me being troll bait.

I really shouldnt be discussing any adventures. But I am correcting the misleading info in this thread. The bike in the videos is not the one pictured here and was not a yamaha. And they never caught the real speeder. Original serial speeder got away clear, copy cat got caught