First bike off trade, looking for as much possible.

05_R6

Hi guys. My name is James. I just traded my 1998 eclipse for a 2005. All white. R6. It has a few mods such as a power commander ( which is suppose to have a good tune on it, making 140hp.), a full exhaust, chain and sprocket upgrade, and 6500 miles. My eclipse had some work done but was just a roller, so I decided to take the trade since I've always wanted a bike.

It just got delivered yesterday and my friend from work is storing it for a few weeks until I figure out what to do with it over winter. My plans for it are to do just a headlight upgrade, stabilizer and buy a good amount of safety equipment. :)

This is my first bike, so anyone willing to help a brotha out, I would greatly appreciate it. I look forward to learning as much as possible and not troll like I did over at CR. haha. Keyword did. Lol. Thanks guys.

James.

Welcome....Take the MSF course.

DEFINITELY get gear! Helmet, gloves, and Jacket minimum but look for boots and pants as well.

Dont think you really need a stabilizer quite yet...Should prolly spend the money on gear.Do a good once over on your bike to make sure its mechanically in good shape. Go on some group rides next season, ride your pace and learn what you can.

And that must be a hell of a tune.....

I plan to dump it. Ill take your advice thanks. I also want to send the headlights out for bixenon retrofitting. Those are my only plans and don't want to spend any more on it. First thing is transferring the title, registering, license, whole nine yards.

I dunno man. Ill put it on Brian's dyne this spring or summer. It's fast. All I know. And super fucking clean now thanks to my buddy from work mike. Who is also on here. Thanks fOr the time. I'll post pics later tOnight.

2005. All white. R6. It has a few mods such as a power commander ( which is suppose to have a good tune on it, making 140hp.), a full exhaust, chain and sprocket upgrade, and 6500 miles. My eclipse had some work done but was just a roller, so I decided to take the trade since I've always wanted a bike.

You are NOT putting 140 to the rear. My 05 636 puts about 115. Hope you have a car for the winter and not just the bike. Enjoy the new bike and be safe.

buy gear (ebay is great for jackets/boots) get a new helmet as they do go bad over time. gloves could be bought used also.

msf course is good but you could skip that and take trackday course also, either way your going to get good seat time in on the bike, thats the biggest thing you need is seattime. when spring comes around i would suggest avoiding bikenights/tacobell meets till you get a few months under your belt.

riding with groups of people is how new riders get pressured into keeping up and sometimes riding over their limit and getting hurt. RIDE YOUR OWN RIDE, go out with personal buddys at first till you get comfortable.