need technical help (not moto related)

jhaag

ok, so i'm going to a party in a couple of weeks. this party involves a white elephant gift exchange for which you bring a unique vessel out of which to drink alcohol. so, in my infinite cheepness, i came across an expired fire extinguisher. i removed the top, its threaded btw, and dumped out the powder. the msds on the powder let me know that its non-toxic so whoever drinks out of it will, at least, not die. i cleaned it out, but the inside of the aluminum bottle is not polished or finished or anything. i found this out when i stuck my finger inside and wiped the edge and it came out black (no dirty vag jokes, please). so, it appears that the inside is not treated and i think, i good taste, i need to coat the inside with something. i've found that a lot of water bottle co's line their Al bottles with a plastic epoxy. does anyone know where i can get this or a food grade paint to coat the inside? i figures at the very least one could shake it up if it had beer in it for pressure or i could bring a pancake air compressor if needed, to aid in drinking.

thoughts?

Fill it 1/3 full with super hot water, some detergent and a handfull of new nuts and bolts. Shake the hell out of it for a half hour or so. Dump. Rinse.

Fill it full of a 50/50 solution of hot water & bleach. Let it sit overnight. Dump. Rinse. Rinse again.

Come up with a funny name for it and print it out and tape it on.......Mind Extinguisher or something.......Have fun!

you can also try old tide dispensers. They have the little push thing that would work nicely for flow control. Most of them have a relive cap that can easily be removed for cleaning.

good idea, but i dont have enough time to do all the laundry i'd have to do to empty the bottle. :p

Take it to a plating shop. Shouldn't cost more than $30-$40.

they can do the inside, you think?

Abandon the idea completely and hollow out a manican leg.

ha!

Fill it 1/3 full with super hot water, some detergent and a handfull of new nuts and bolts. Shake the hell out of it for a half hour or so. Dump. Rinse.

Fill it full of a 50/50 solution of hot water & bleach. Let it sit overnight. Dump. Rinse. Rinse again.

Come up with a funny name for it and print it out and tape it on.......Mind Extinguisher or something.......Have fun!

i think i got it pretty clean, although i didnt think of putting an abrasive agent in there. its the surface of the inside that is my concern. it seems to have whatever is used in the manufacturing process on it. if you wipe your finger in there it comes out greasy and speckled with Al bits. i would probably drink out of it as is, but wouldnt expect anyone else to...

put a camelbak in it... no chance of being poisoned then.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1T4DKUS_enUS300US300&gs_upl=0l0l2l101213lllllllllll0&q=hydration+reservoir+large&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17637237560677504967#

you can fit 8 beers in there.

Edited by OsuMj