Do you like new music?

Bad324

So a buddy and I have decided since people are always hitting us up for new music so we started a little side project. Its mainly him and his a bit emo so it will probably be a lot of that type of stuff but I'm here to add country, rock and rap to the fold

What Words Can't Describe

Music is a huge influence in society. It represents so many different things. This page is to celebrate the love for music and how it can represent any situation.

Mostly provided here are known and unknown Rap, Rock, Emo, Screamo, Punk, and the occasional Country artist If you don't like what is posted here... Post something new and provide insight instead of complaining. We are all here with an open mind.

So if you're interested, like us on facebook :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/What-Words-Cant-Describe/311926248829086

:D

I liked it. We seem to have similar tastes and Ive been slacking on my music game so Ill ride your coattails.

excellent. My buddy Jim puts up about 90% of the shit and I try to add when I can. Its usually pretty obvious what songs I put up vs him

I'll listen to almost anything but country music. I can't stand anything that panders to or promotes rednecks and their way of life.

today's country is about as far from redneck as you can get anymore. Most of it is VERY pop influenced

You kids and your music.

current music sucks, but i make do what they put out

^^ No doubt - I appreciate most every genre ( to some extent ) with the only exception being country and dubstep/electronic. There's few and far country artists that I can tolerate at all, most of their material are sad versions of being left behind by their past loves, comedic stories of alcoholism, or losing everthing to another vice of some sort -- but those few I can stand are typically southern rock. Dubstep and electronicas ( imo ) are virtually talentless samples all pasted together with little to no skill behind an actual instrument of any kind......somebody should've bought these folks guitars or drumkits to develop some real skill in music making.

I'm a metalhead by choice, not because I cannot play anything else - it's a personal choice, period. The level of skill/talent it takes to write/perform fast-tempo'd metal slam sessions are above all when it comes to true musicianship.......not saying there aren't talented country musicians, because there are - Vince Gill, Chet Atkins, and the like are surely worthy of their riches in the industry.......but there's not nearly as many GOOD country artists as there should be considering the size of the genre itself. Upsetting to see so much money invested into a particular scene when the awesomely talented get pushed to the back of the bus. :rant:

Dubstep and electronicas ( imo ) are virtually talentless samples all pasted together with little to no skill behind an actual instrument of any kind......somebody should've bought these folks guitars or drumkits to develop some real skill in music making

I used to think the same thing until a buddy of mine who is obsessed with it bought all the equipment to make electronic music and holy shit is it way more intricate and difficult than I could ever imagine

Yeah, making electronic music isn't super easy, you basically need all the skills of a decent recording engineer/producer to put it together right and decent skills as a pianist and a decent sense of rythm to make it sound ok....that being said those skills can be learned fairly quickly and I think it would take a lot more talent and practice for someone to learn and play the solo from slayers "raining blood"

I used to think the same thing until a buddy of mine who is obsessed with it bought all the equipment to make electronic music and holy shit is it way more intricate and difficult than I could ever imagine

I've no doubt there's quite a bit of equipment needed as well as the mentality enough to run it all, had a couple ex-bandmates that were into this type of thing years ago when all was available were samplers, drum machines, and keyboard synths -- now with todays computer age, this sort of music production can be done in a bedroom where everything is ran line direct instead of mic'd -- but still most of what they're doing is copy/paste or generating sounds from a digital synth of some sort, which takes little actual talent to use, but it does take brain strength to understand how it all works together and make music tasteful to the ear.......I guess I'm more biased against this type of music since it takes years to develop skillsets behind an instrument, whereas this type of music can be "built" relatively quickly if that makes sense?

Yeah, making electronic music isn't super easy, you basically need all the skills of a decent recording engineer/producer to put it together right and decent skills as a pianist and a decent sense of rythm to make it sound ok....that being said those skills can be learned fairly quickly and I think it would take a lot more talent and practice for someone to learn and play the solo from slayers "raining blood"

Exactly -- and it's hard to believe that Slayer's guitarists are both self-taught until they bust out solo's! Then it shows a bit ;)

I used to play several tracks from Reigning Blood, but that was over a decade ago - Now with 2 bands, I'm so focused on writing original material that we don't do any covers from other well-knowns.......but I do miss that from time to time and crowds typically ALWAYS dig hearing something common too, so it's suggested occasionally but we never go much further than that. Maybe the day will come when we'll slam out some good ol' down home metal for the masses from the likes of Slayer, Pantera, Sepultura, Anthrax, etc :D