jrmmiii rambling about whatever

Disclaimer

That's nice and all, but how do we know these people who can't afford toys for their kids aren't the same people spending their welfare money on flat-screen TVs, cherry blunts, and Old Milwaukee?

Right from the article...

A Kmart in Plainfield Township, Mich., called Roberta Carter last week to let her know a man had paid all but 40 cents of her $60 layaway. Carter, a mother of eight from Grand Rapids, Mich., said she cried upon hearing the news. She and her family have been struggling as she seeks a full-time job. "My kids will have clothes for Christmas," she said.
Get a job! Even if it's minimum wage... especially if you're struggling to put clothes on your kids

Angie Torres, a stay-at-home mother of four children under the age of 8, was in the Indianapolis Kmart on Tuesday to make a payment on her layaway bill when she learned the woman next to her was paying off her account.
Stay at home mother, c'mon. If your husband can't afford the bills for you and four kids on his own, then you need to pickup the slack!

4ed4326a368ff.image.jpg

Seriously though, it's a very nice gesture and heartwarming that people pay-it-forward... but I have a hard time reconciling that people read stories like this and say how awesome it is, yet turn around and judge others on welfare when they don't know the circumstances.

People do nice things for others - no one makes negative assumptions on how the 'others' got to where they are

People use a WIC card or food stamps - judgement starts and people critique them on every other purchase or item they have.

Just sayin'. Happy holidays! :)

Edited by JRMMiii
  • Upvote 3

That's nice and all, but how do we know these people who can't afford toys for their kids aren't the same people spending their welfare money on flat-screen TVs, cherry blunts, and Old Milwaukee?

4ed4326a368ff.image.jpg

You are an ASShole! Can't you leave your political bullshit out of a positive thread? Are you that dedicated to showing your liberal ASS? :asshat:

• Upvote 1

4ed4326a368ff.image.jpg

We don't, and that's not the point. The giver is the one doing the good deed, hopefully they don't take it as just another handout, and be truly thankful for what someone has done for them.

You are an ASShole! Can't you leave your political bullshit out of a positive thread? Are you that dedicated to showing your liberal ASS? :asshat:

No, he can't. :) I understand his sentiment, though. I think we would all be surprised how many people that get this sort of gift really needed it, as opposed to those that JRM mentions.

JRRMMMiiiiiii not show his liberal ASS? :lol:

You must be new here. He can't help it. The douche is strong in that one.

JRRMMMiiiiiii not show his liberal ASS? :lol:

You must be new here. He can't help it. The douche is strong in that one.

Not new here, I guess I didn't realize how strong it ran. He can't keep the stupidity out of a thread like this, that pisses me OFF!

I'm not giving anyone a stranger for Christmas....not even a dutch rudder.

no, no, no you i think you have to do something wonderful in order to receive a stranger for Christmas. i just wonder if you have to give yourself the stranger or if, in fact, strange, in general, is considered a stranger? clarification is needed, i think.

aaaaanyway, cool gesture by the lady; i agree with IP; rep to blosser; and the dif, w/re to JRMii, is that the charity was given by free-will, not taken from one party by another and dispersed as the 2nd party saw fit.

Merry Christmas and BAH Humbug!! :mad:

• Upvote 1

Buncha babies... sorry you guys can't handle a little reality thrown in your face. :rolleyes:

Besides, I modified my sentiments -- sorry to kill the mood, but jeez you are sensitive.

Do I need to get a hurt feelings report filed?

Sounds like you're the one who's butthurt.

Right from the article...

Get a job! Even if it's minimum wage... especially if you're struggling to put clothes on your kids

Stay at home mother, c'mon. If your husband can't afford the bills for you and four kids on his own, then you need to pickup the slack!

4ed4326a368ff.image.jpg

Seriously though, it's a very nice gesture and heartwarming that people pay-it-forward... but I have a hard time reconciling that people read stories like this and say how awesome it is, yet turn around and judge others on welfare when they don't know the circumstances.

People do nice things for others - no one makes negative assumptions on how the 'others' got to where they are

People use a WIC card or food stamps - judgement starts and people critique them on every other purchase or item they have.

Just sayin'. Happy holidays! :)

Personal charity has nothing to do with social programs. As a liberal, you'd know nothing about that. Statistically, conservative households donate on average 30% more than liberal households. Hell, conservatives even donate more blood than liberals. But you know, that's probably why liberals want to kill Christmas, too. It probably has nothing to do with being "fair" to others. More likely, it's because they're too damned much like that Scrooge pic you posted. Merry Christmas fuckstick.

For everyone else, I encourage you to commit a random act of kindness for a complete stranger this Christmas season. This is what it's all about.

For everyone else, I encourage you to commit a random act of kindness for a complete stranger this Christmas season. This is what it's all about.

Just being polite, saying hi to someone, or when you check out at the store, saying have a nice day to the cashier, anything like that goes a long way.

I'm pretty sure that JRMMMMiiiiiiiiii isn't nearly the :asshat: that he plays on d interwebz... He's more about playing the devil ('s advocate) on here.

Personal charity has nothing to do with social programs. As a liberal, you'd know nothing about that. Statistically, conservative households donate on average 30% more than liberal households. Hell, conservatives even donate more blood than liberals. But you know, that's probably why liberals want to kill Christmas, too. It probably has nothing to do with being "fair" to others. More likely, it's because they're too damned much like that Scrooge pic you posted. Merry Christmas fuckstick.

Classy. Besides liberal, fuckstick, and douchebag, there any other labels you want to personally adorn me with while the getting is good? Also, start making sure you give me those labels so you don't have to have the mental strain of judging me as an individual, but lumping me in with whatever preconceived views you have for those labels. It works for Charles from Salem, could work for you too.

I never said anything about how anyone, regardless of political party, race, creed, sex, religion shouldn't do something nice or act a little altruistic for the holidays. You guys were the one to turn it into "bash the liberal asshat for pointing out there's piss in our Wheaties, when he should just let us enjoy our Wheaties", whatever.

The "holier than thou" crowd can continue to judge the poor and moan about welfare via the anecdotes they read about someone abusing the system, while they continue to pat themselves on the back for doing something nice during the holidays, because they "chose" to give, rather than be forced to via taxes. Paying off someone's layaway purchases may be a nice gesture and a moral victory, but no one seems to want to look at the root cause of why these people are down on their luck and help them out with a long term solution to their problems. Yet, there are people (including some on this board) who have nothing but disdain for the poor, regardless of if they're working or not, they make judgements and assumptions and have no problem voicing them in other threads, but for some reason, when it's spun from the angle of "We are givers", it's nothing but praise and self-congratulations. I don't understand that. :dunno:

The douchebag meter went crazy when you started posting. Had to neutralize the douchbaginess before there was a catastrophic meltdown.

:rolleyes: Whatever you say, sir. I'll be sure to mind my P's and Q's so as not to offend anyone's differing viewpoints on here since they obviously can't handle it. I will be assimilated. :bow:

• Upvote 2

Also, start making sure you give me those labels so you don't have to have the mental strain of judging me as an individual, but lumping me in with whatever preconceived views you have for those labels. It works for Charles from Salem, could work for you too.

I dunno, seems like you've done well enough lumping yourself into those political labels. Jussayin' and Merry Christmas. :D

here for gang bang, etc

it's only fun when everyone isn't taking it too seriously, but sometimes, certain issues are hurtful, and hurtfulness must be returned. let us spread peace, joy, and bench racing this christmas and not true hurtfulness, unless it is to the ass and then to the mouth.

• Upvote 4

O

Classy. Besides liberal, fuckstick, and douchebag, there any other labels you want to personally adorn me with while the getting is good? Also, start making sure you give me those labels so you don't have to have the mental strain of judging me as an individual, but lumping me in with whatever preconceived views you have for those labels. It works for Charles from Salem, could work for you too.

I never said anything about how anyone, regardless of political party, race, creed, sex, religion shouldn't do something nice or act a little altruistic for the holidays. You guys were the one to turn it into "bash the liberal asshat for pointing out there's piss in our Wheaties, when he should just let us enjoy our Wheaties", whatever.

The "holier than thou" crowd can continue to judge the poor and moan about welfare via the anecdotes they read about someone abusing the system, while they continue to pat themselves on the back for doing something nice during the holidays, because they "chose" to give, rather than be forced to via taxes. Paying off someone's layaway purchases may be a nice gesture and a moral victory, but no one seems to want to look at the root cause of why these people are down on their luck and help them out with a long term solution to their problems. Yet, there are people (including some on this board) who have nothing but disdain for the poor, regardless of if they're working or not, they make judgements and assumptions and have no problem voicing them in other threads, but for some reason, when it's spun from the angle of "We are givers", it's nothing but praise and self-congratulations. I don't understand that. :dunno:

:rolleyes: Whatever you say, sir. I'll be sure to mind my P's and Q's so as not to offend anyone's differing viewpoints on here since they obviously can't handle it. I will be assimilated. :bow:

Just for being such a douchbag fuckstick I think I will donate some money on your behalf to a republican candidate and a military charity. Unfortunately I don't know your name so I will have to use your username.

Anybody have a recommendation on which candidate I should contribute to on fucksticks behalf?

I think I will use the wounded warrier foundation for the military charity.